“Great hotel...just not our type”

Home2 Suites Charleston Airport / Convention Center
Ranked #9 of 60 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We booked this hotel because we were looking for an efficiency-type reservation with a kitchen. I didn't look close enough to the description because I thought there was a full kitchen with a stove. We didn't want to eat out every meal but ended up doing so. The room was clean and neat. Couldn't figure out how to get the blinds up so we called the front desk. They came up and couldn't figure it out either. Finally figured out the switch on the wall raises and lowers the blind.
The sleeper sofa was above average and comfortable for our daughter who is picky. The Front desk staff and weekend breakfast staff were excellent. Service was to be commended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank GeorgiaCakester

Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is my very first review of any hotel. That is to show my utter satisfaction. I was actually looking for accommodation as a sister brand - doubletree, when I found out about home2. Great decor and service from every staff member I interacted with. Beds were very comfortable. Rooms are spacious. Full kitchen was very helpful. Great free internet service. I was afforded a late checkout without additional cost. I would recommend to anyone in the area. It was close enough to down town Charleston and I would rather stay here and drive downtown. Very close to the outlets. Overall great experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 13LoveTravel
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is the first time I have ever wrote a review for any hotel and I must say that this hotel and staff exceeded my expectation....it was clean very large accommodating rooms, the staff was very polite and the decor was very updated.

• Stayed: March 2013
7  Thank Perez2
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Matt, the GM of this property was super accommodating. Polite, professional and willing to help a customer. The rest of the staff we interacted with were great!

As a "seasoned" business traveler (100+ days per year) I value personal service....these guys were awesome.

I will be back next time I need to come to the Charleston area...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank P C
Reviewed February 26, 2013

What a great place...so convenient to the expressway as well as the coliseum. The room was so spacious with a nice sitting area for watching TV. The kitchen with the huge fridge was such a bonus to keep drinks and snack in. The laundry room was wonderful to have as well since my stay was over a few days and it rained while I was there ...I was able to wash/dry my clothes so they didn't stay damp. Loved the breakfast with the waffles...toast...fruit...cereal....a little bit of everything...nice variety. The staff was great as well...made me feel welcome from the moment I walked in the door until I left. This place most definitely felt like a home away from home...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank gypsy_life_4_me
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is new and close drive to downtown. Recommend if visiting as we were. Breakfast did not have eggs or bacon just small items. Staff very friendly to us. No indoor pool. 2 room suite perfect for our two family trip and very large, able to divide room with curtain.

• Stayed: February 2013
6  Thank MrGreen21
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The hotel was new and decorated quite trendy and fashionable. The staff was very friendly. The suite I had was one large and narrow room with an almost full kitchen less he stove but portable stove tops were available. While this is near the airport it is further away from the Tanger Outlet Mall and various restaurants. It is only a short drive but other hotels near the mall including some Hilton properties would better offer more to do within walking distance.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business