“I love this style of hotel!!!”

Home2 Suites Charleston Airport / Convention Center
Ranked #12 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Kansas City, Missouri
“I love this style of hotel!!!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I am a pro-green and environmental kinda guy...this hotel is quaint and pleasant...the gym was good and the suites was more than enough...Hilton should build more of Home2s...the location is close to the Air Force base and Charleston International airport...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Ironmancb
Matt B, General Manager at Home2 Suites Charleston Airport / Convention Center, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are very proud of the steps that both our guests and the hotel take to help make us more sustainable and reduce our carbon footprint. It was great to learn that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Columbus, Mississippi
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here over the Thanksgiving holiday with our small pup and were quite satisfied. The rooms are very roomy and clean. The full size fridge was nice, and there was plenty of counter space running the length of the room. The decor is modern and was nice. We had a room down the hall which made it easy to walk the dog.

Their efforts to be a "green" hotel are to be commended. Several areas, not just a "reuse your towel" effort.

I especially liked the friendly staff. Each one made an effort to offer a friendly greeting and help where needed. The one down side was our room wasn't touched by housekeeping the first day (Wednesday, not turkey day). I guess it was just an oversight.

Heed all the comments on the breakfast. It is very sparse, but all we wanted was a muffin and yogurt anyhow.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank skyking56
San Marino, California
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The room was equipped with modern amenities and creative decor. The high ceilings made the room feel extra spacious, which I don't actually prefer but that's not the hotel's fault. Despite all the newness and modern concept, I did not feel cozy and comfy in my suite as I do in other extended stay hotels. Again, that is not the hotel's fault.

What was the biggest detractor of our stay was the lack of attention to detail by the housekeeping. Upon checking in I inspected the toilet and discovered dried urine and small hairs on both sides of the toilet seat hinges. It was rather obvious, so I thought they might catch that next time, but unfortunately they did not. Also, the housekeeping had left the majority of the dishes in the washer from the previous guest. I'm not sure what's included in the light cleaning they offer, but the carpet was not vacuumed. That may or may not have been a part of the light cleaning.

The best part of the stay was the amazing bed. The linens, pillows, and mattress were heavenly. Overall, this is a nice hotel that may need to retrain some housekeeping.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelingwawa
Matt B, General Manager at Home2 Suites Charleston Airport / Convention Center, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We strive to provide an enjoyable and problem free experience for every guest and I am sorry if we failed. We will utilize your stay as a training opportunity to ensure we prevent it from happening to another guest. If you have a moment, I would like to discuss the issue that you experienced. 843-744-4202 extension 7503. Best Regards, Matt Barlett.
Harrison, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We were continuing our road trip to Florida after stopping in NC for one night, and we were able to get a room in this particular Home2 after looking for other hotels that were all booked. So we decided to stop there for one night, and check-in was fast and stressless. This was a brand-new property, so the entire lobby was very clean and maintained. The front desk was friendly and courteous, and gave us info on restaurants around the property. Elevators were fast, and the hallways were very nice. Our room was on the 4th floor, and it was very clean and spacious. It had 2 beds & a sofa sleeper, along with a kitchenette, a work desk, a flat screen TV, and an alarm clock w/ an iPod dock. The TV had a large selection of channels to choose from, which was very convenient. Bathroom was spick-and-span, and there were plenty of smooth, thick towels, so there was no need to ask for more. The shower was refreshing, had plenty of hot water, and water pressure was strong. What I truly like in that shower was the dispensers for the soap & shampoo, which was definitely a nice touch! Beds were snug, and the pillows & sheets were soft and had no signs of stains whatsoever! Check-out went brief, and overall, our stay at this hotel was very satisfying! I would absolutely recommend this property! It's in excellent location, as it's close to the airport and the 2 highways, I-26 and I-526, and it's not really far from historic Charleston, either! A big thumbs up to the North Charleston Home2 Suites for making our stay a pleasure! =)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank zwinkie310
Matt B, General Manager at Home2 Suites Charleston Airport / Convention Center, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We really appreciate it! We hope you can stay longer next time too!
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Rooms have similar layout to Marriott Towneplace Suites. The beds are very comfy and decor soothing. A few minor spots that need a little closer attention for cleaning. Location was great, 1 mile from highway and half mile to Starbucks. I agree with other reviews that breakfast was a but lacking in offerings, both hot and cold. I was surprised for a newer location the amount of sound from neighbors above and loud flushing toilets next door.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Stormygirl71
lawrenceville,ga
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Just back from 2 nights at this property. I stay at lots of Hilton properties but wanted to try this new chain out.

Pros...VERY CLEAN, MODERN AND FUNCTIONAL. Easy to locate, close to airport, interior bright and colorful. My room was spacious and included everything I needed.I had a comfortable bed and the room was quiet. Linens nice. Airport nearby. Close to Fed Ex Office, a plus for business travelers. Front desk was pleasant and courteous. Coffee in room was good!

Cons...not a lot of restaurants that were very close. The street was dark, when I arrived, and I did not feel very comfortable wandering out to check out the area for dinner options. The breakfast is LIGHT CONTINENTAL. I paid over $100.00 per night and since I am a Hilton Gold, I get a free full breakfast at most of the other properties. I had yogurt and a bagel on day one and an English muffin and 2 boiled eggs on day two. No hot entrees, unless you want to microwave a breakfast sandwich. If you are on business for a week or more, you might like to eat light but I enjoy a good breakfast in a hotel. Housekeeping is not full service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank motherjanegoose
Blythewood, South Carolina
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a really nice hotel. The concept is sleek and modern w/out being cold. The room was great...plenty of counter and storage space, the bed was really comfortable, large workspace, the room was spacious. The mattress was comfortable; the sheets were a high threadcount... I felt like I was in my own bed.
The kitchenette was wonderful (full size refrig & microwave). I didn't have to go out every night for dinner & didn't have to eat out of to-go boxes. The utensils & dinnerware & dishwasher were a plus. Although the hotel had some items, Wal Mart was nearby for stocking up on snacks. My only issues were that my neighbor had a small gathering that got loud & breakfast is a little sparse. A few more hot items would be helpful. I was not a fan of the breakfast pizzas. French toast or waffles would be a welcome change.
The staff were extremely helpful and professional. I loved the location. It is directly across from the North Charleston Performing Arts Center and w/in walking distance of the Coliseum (w/out high heels!!) It is also a 3 minute drive to the outlet mall & Wal Mart, fast food and restaurants. It is a 2-3 minute drive to I-26 or I-526.
I work in the area several times each year and will definitely stay here again. The rates were better than a couple of the other nearby hotel brands.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business