“Great BBQ and great sauces”

Willie Jewels Old School Bar-B-Q
Cuisines: Barbecue
Taylors, South Carolina
“Great BBQ and great sauces”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Saw the reviews here and had to try. Just finished off my pork supper with the North Carolina Vinegar sauce. Awesome! The Country Corn Fritters are excellent, and the radio station was blasting 80-90's rock. No room for desert, so will have to come back one day soon.

Hanahan, South Carolina
“WILLIE JEWELs has the best Ribs in all of CHARLESTON,their BBQis 2nd place to Tommy Bessingers( cheaper than his n not a”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I have eaten here more than 10 times & their ribs never got me sick at all. THEY have fresh veggies,hot corn fritters, best bread pudding,limas,squash to name a few..We,ate at Smokey Bones & the Ribs were cold, coleslaw was bad( rotten), broccoli was hard and sweet tea was unsweetened I went home immediately got sick on My stomach. & I won't be back. Customers Service at Willie JEWELS was so kind, pleasant & down to earth! At Bessinger s BBQ, it's a great place but the portion size is smaller for the high dollar you pay now. Last month MY Little Joe beef was not moist and the bun was hard. The onion ring was burnt a little, noticed they're twice as small as a few months ago.I was so disappointed that I really wanted to notify the owner Tommy! HE MAKES SURE HIS RESTAURANT & FOOD IS ALL FRESH.

• Visited February 2014
Coral Gables, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I can't get enough!”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Since I don't live in North Charleston, I can only eat there when I'm in town, and it's the first place I stop at - even before checking into my hotel! I am usually in Charleston for 4-7 days at a time and always eat there 3 or 4 times each trip. Absolutely outstanding beef brisket and the servings are generous! Great selection of BBQ sauces - the sweet sauce is my favorite. Their bread pudding is served hot and is beyond delicious - I always have to have two servings. Prices are quite reasonable considering the amount and quality of the food. Service is very friendly and prompt.

• Visited March 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great fast food barbecue.”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We ate here three times in five days since the food was so good, and it was within walking distance of our hotel. We loved the beef brisket, sweet barbecue sauce (among the several choices), and the bread pudding. I'm not normally a fan of bread pudding, but their version is delicious. The service was prompt and courteous.

• Visited March 2014
North Charleston
“Terrible”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

There are plenty of other bbq places in Charleston. This place sucks. The food was dry and waaay too salty. It's overpriced as well.