“Black and Blue = Yummy!”

Big Billys Burger Joint
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Big Billy's Burger Joint is a locally owned and operated restaurant committed to providing fresh ingredients, great service and delicious food.
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I freakin' loooove this place!!! My girlfriend and I met there after work to chill out and grab a bite to eat. The Bacon, Black and Blue burger was so awesome!! And cooked just right!! Mallory provided us with excellent service, taking great care of us! One of my pet peeves is having an empty drink glass...to me...that can make or break any dining experience...but Mallory kept em comin'! I left with a full belly, a quenched thirst and a smile on my face!! And Meagan made us the best milkshake I've had in a loooooong time!! Thanks you guys for a great experience!!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

They have excellent burgers and amazing shakes! Ask for Jonathan! He's awesome! We will come back any time we're in Charleston!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Great, great food!! Wonderful service. Ask for Jonathan. He was awesome!! Burgers were amazing and homemade shakes just topped off a great meal.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

The customer was amazing, if you go Jonathan is who you ask for. The food is VERY fresh and with a great taste! There was nothing about our visit that we didn't like.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

A group of us visiting the Charleston area for work decided to head over to Big Billy's for dinner as it is currently ranked as the #1 place to eat in North Charleston (Starbucks is #7, but let's forget that). Overall the experience was kind of average, which was a little disappointing for the best rated place in town.

I will say that the pimento cheese dip was incredible and if you're visiting I would highly recommend it. We ran out of the accompanying tortilla chips about half way through the dip, but our waitress brought us more upon request.

As for the burgers, there was nothing wrong with them - they were exactly what you might imagine a burger to be. Three of the four of us ordered the breakfast burger that comes with egg, ham, bacon and tater tots, but we all ordered it a little differently and in the end, they got all three wrong. One of us didn't want tots or ham, so none of us got the tots or ham. One person wanted their egg soft, one medium, and one hard and those were all switched around too, on burgers with the incorrect side dishes. For four burgers, it also seemed to take an abnormally long time for our food to come out. I'm guessing maybe 30-35 minutes.

All in all the food wasn't bad, it just wasn't to the level that I expected after seeing its ranking on tripadvisor. If you're going to an event at the nearby Coliseum and you're in the mood for a burger before you go, then this place will do.

1  Thank HappyTraveler465