“A Very Pleasant Place”

Los Reyes Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Great little restaurant, should definitely be listed.
Description: Great little restaurant, should definitely be listed.
Charleston, South Carolina
“A Very Pleasant Place”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The service is very quick and polite. I ordered a large Dos Equis draft, and wow, it was large, all right! They might as well have just rolled out the whole keg! Not complaining, though...that's right up my alley! The food was very good, too.The servers were very attentive, and stopped by several times to ask if everything was all right (it was). Prices were not bad.This is making me hungry; I'll have to stop by there for lunch tomorrow.

• Visited June 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great local Mexican food”
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I'm always looking for authentic Mexican food as I travel. I was really pleased with the margarita and the burrito.
Great service and lots of locals eating here. I'm going back when I'm back in Charleston.

Visited May 2013
Richmond, VA
“Great Service, lots of different choices”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stopped in here on the way to Charleston, and were pleasantly surprised by the unusual items on the menu. We eat at our local Mexican restaurants regularly, and enjoy the food even though it is not like what you get in Mexico. With few exceptions, most of the food tastes the same no matter which restaurant you go to, and we are fine with that.

Maybe it was because of the location in the low country, but there were numerous shrimp dishes, and our party ordered 3 of them. All delicious, but the Shrimp Diablo (?) was very, very hot--try it if you really like spicy food. All came with amazing, fresh guacamole, and my daughter also had a sliced avocado with her Chipotle shrimp. My vegetarian stuffed poblano and cheese enchilada (my standard order) were different than what I was used to, which was great. The pepper was simply fried with not too much batter, and the enchilada gravy was spicier than the standard tomato sauce.

Chips, salsa, and water were refreshed with unusual quickness, especially considering that it was Friday night and the place was full.

• Visited March 2013
North Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Food & Service”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was a really nice Mexican restaurant. The service was attentive and patient, I even ordered in Spanish. The chips could have been warmer but the salsa was tasty, the guacamole was phenomenal. The flavor was amazing and the freshness of the ingredients were very well noted. Hopefully, their guacamole is the same for every experience and not just by chance today. The fajitas were seasoned very well and had a great flavor. The Mexican rice here is by far the best I've had around this area, it is especially better than the rice at La Hacienda. The fried ice cream was very good also. I highly recommend this restaurant to any true Mexican food lovers as myself.

• Visited March 2013
Goose Creek, South Carolina, United States
“Excellent service”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The chicken and stuffed pepper was excellent. If you have never tried it, you need to. The pepper is not spicy, just good flavor.
Service was excellent. Atmosphere was very good. All servers were active and extremely polite.

Visited March 2013