Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center
Ranked #8 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Burlington, Massachusetts
“Loved our Room!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

We loved our room! The contemporary decor was pleasant and the bathroom was very clean. The bed was comfortable and the staff was very friendly. Our breakfast was delicious! We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Donna F
Dawn W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments about your recent stay with us. We are in the process of updating our breakfast so on your next visit it will be a HOT ONE! I can't wait to get your feedback on it! Thank you again and I look forward to meeting you on your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

The staff was very accommodate to our needs. Hotel was very clean and fresh. Rooms very nice anc comfortable. Happy hour was a very nice touch. Meeted all of our needs. Needed a quiet room on the end of the hallway and was able to recieve that. Nice and quiet.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about the hotel and our staff. I hope that on your next visit to Charleston you will choose the Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport for your hotel needs. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

My experience with this hotel was very impeccable because of the spaciousness of the room. The decoration was very well thought out and the cleanliness of the rooms and the common area were were very good. The bed was comfortable and view great.The close proximity to the airport and area convenience stores was indeed a good idea not to mention the convenient access to the area highways was a plus. The staff were courteous and room was clean promptly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dawn W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. I am pleased to here that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you will return on your next trip to the area! Please feel free to contact me directly to make your reservations. Dawn.Wells@marriott.com
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

My stay at this hotel was nothing short of perfect. The staff was friendly and attentive to my every need, the hotel is conveniently located close to great shopping and dining, and the rooms and grounds are well maintained. I especially enjoyed the complimentary cocktails and breakfast,(cocktails are available Mon-Fri from 5:30 to 7:00). This is one of my choice hotels anytime I'm in Charleston.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 1st floor and the room was very nice. Little to no noise or major distractions.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful feedback about the hotel and for being a loyal guest. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to Charleston!
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here due to the location to the Airport and I wanted to give this place a try after having experienced a pretty good Fairfield Inn in Santa Maria, CA.

The stay got off to a bad start when I couldn't find the Fairfield Hotel shuttle from the Courtesy phone at the airport. I tried calling the number for the shuttle that I wrote down from the web site. But unfortunately, I had written down the airport taxi number from the web site instead of the courtesy van web site. Granted, my fault for writing down the wrong number but why do you have the airport taxi number on your web site next to the hotel courtesy van phone number. If I'm at the airport I know where to get a taxi, and if I am at the hotel, I'm getting the hotel to call a local taxi not one that is sitting at the airport. No big deal, I took a $9 taxi to the hotel.

At the hotel I was upgraded to a suite due to my platinum marriott status and I was alloweda selection of any items from the marketplace. The room was nice, clean, new but bed was just average (which was far better than the bed at the Courtyard near the airport). The feel was a little on the sterile side.

One of the things that convinced my to give this place a try other than my experience at the Santa Maria Fairfield was seeing that they had a "manager's reception". If you are just looing for a few complimentary drinks at the bar, I guess it would be OK. No snacks that I could see. A little disappointing after having Pizza delivered to the Manager's Reception during a previous stay at the airport Residence Inn just down the road.

The breakfast offering seemed to be a little small, but I appreciated the sausage egg biscuit sandwich that I could warm up in the microwave. They did have a waffle maker there as well but I was in too much of a hurry to wait forwaffles to cook.

Overall, an average stay, I was a little disappointed based on my previous Fairfield stay.

In the Charleston airport area, of the hotels that I have stayed at, I think that Embassy Suites is still the best, Residence Inn second, and Fairfield next. Stay away from the Courtyard at the airport. (But Courtyard in historic district is one of the best).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dawn W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and always welcome comments and suggestions as to ways to improve our standards and service. Currently, Fairfield Inn & Suites Hotels are all upgrading their breakfast to a HOT buffet, so on your next trip I hope that you will be able to enjoy the upgraded selections. I am pleased to hear that as a platinum member we were able to offer a complimentary upgrade a check in, that is always a nice perk! Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Charleston.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

The hotel was clean and welcoming. The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. The breakfast offered a nice variety from which to choose and the weeknight manager's reception was a nice was to unwind after work. The proximity to highways, the airport, shopping and dining made the hotel a good choice for my trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dawn W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you so much for selecting the Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport for your recent lodging needs to North Charleston. It is always great to get such fantastic feedback to share with the staff. On your next visit to the area please be sure to contact me directly to secure your reservations, Dawn.Wells@marriott.com. I look forward to meeting you on your next trip!
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Dates of Stay: Thursday, 12/27/12 to Monday, 12/31/12
Summary: Clean, quiet hotel. Great location and excellent value. I would definitely stay here again.

Location: The Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport / Convention Center is conveniently located off I-26, near the Tanger Outlet Center, North Charleston Visitor’s Center, and numerous restaurants. It is 3 miles from the airport & 1 mile from the convention center. It is about a 15 to 20 minute drive to downtown Charleston.

Value: We paid an $89 promotional rate for a regular guest room with a King bed. This was less than the AAA rate & Senior Discount rate. The price included complimentary parking, Wi-Fi, and breakfast. The breakfast was the typical free hotel Continental breakfast. It was well stocked and clean, but the selection was not as good as other Fairfield Inns I've stayed at. Other services available, that we did not try include: a manager’s reception, on week day evenings, offering complimentary beverages; guest computer center; and a free airport shuttle.

Room: We stayed in room 403, which was very quiet. If we had neighbors, I never heard them. The room was spacious & included a mini refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. Bathroom amenities included Pantene shampoo & conditioner, Vaseline lotion, soap and a shower cap. The bed was average, certainly nothing to get excited about, but it did become more inviting after long days of sightseeing. It had the typical hotel pillows. A lot to choose from, but you can never seem to fine the one that is just right. We didn't watch much television, but every channel we tried had a grainy picture. My favorite thing about the room, besides the mini refrigerator & microwave, was the numerous electrical outlets. This hotel is definitely prepared for the gadget laden traveler.

Housekeeping: Since this was a short visit, we placed the Do Not Disturb sign on our door for the duration of the visit, so I cannot attest to the daily housekeeping service. However, upon arrival, the room was very clean and in order. The only minor problem we experienced, was that the mattress pad had not been properly secured at the foot of the bed, and popped off both corners during our first night.

Front Desk: Check In/Out was quick and efficient. Each of the gentlemen I spoke to at the front desk were very courteous and professional. I did not ask for any information, restaurant suggestions, etc., but did observe other patrons making inquiries at the front desk. Again, the hotel associates were always friendly, professional, and willing to assist. In the corner of the lobby is Charles, an interactive kiosk provided by the City of Charleston. Charles is there to help with dining options, tours, activities, etc., but I could never get it to work as it was designed to.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OUTCRUISIN2610
Thank you for you feedback on your recent stay with us. I noticed that you commented about the breakfast and I am pleased to announce this we are rolling out a hot breakfast buffet in a few short weeks so I can't wait to get your feedback on our new offerings over your next stay with us. I am looking forward to meeting you on your next visit!