“Free Happy Hour at Fairfield Inn Charleston Airport Hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center
Ranked #8 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Houston, Texas
“Free Happy Hour at Fairfield Inn Charleston Airport Hotel”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We spent two nights at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport in North Charleston SC. The hotel is just a few minutes from the airport (free shuttle) and conveniently across the street (easy walking) from a nice off-price mall (Tanger) and a choice of restaurants. It is also 5 minutes from the new convention center. This is a new property that is tastefully decorated and in excellent condition. We had a king room that was set up like a junior suite with a seating area. Free wi-fi in the room as well as microwave, small frig, and coffemaker. Free breakfast is very basic. Free bar with snacks available from 530 to 730 evenings provided a nice meeting place for guests. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: top floor (4th) has quietest rooms as you don't hear people who have heavy footfall above you
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Virginia
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My family was in town to hop on a cruise the next day. We were very impressed with the quality and price of the Fairfield Inn. The rooms were very spacious with some nice upscale touches. Everything was very clean. The staff was great. The free breakfast was good. There is a nicely appointed fitness room for a hotel at this level.

I travel for business a lot and really appreciate when a hotel at this level turns out to be better than expected. I've stayed at similar hotels in the Charleston area and would absolutely stay here again. Also, plenty of places to eat and shop nearby.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Southigton
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I stayed with my husband and two teenage kids at this hotel at the end of July. Found the hotel with no problem. Was given a room on the top floor, which I requested, only to find that it smelled very musty. Went to the front desk and they moved us right away to a room on the first floor that was much better. Room: 2 queens, fridge, clean, small bathroom. Bathroom outlet did not work. which means the little coffee maker in bathroom couldn't be used in there but bigger problem was I had to use blow dryer and curling iron in the other room. This was a pain since I am up very early and teenage kids are not. Kids used the pool, small but clean and nice. Hotel is about 10 miles out from the city but it was very easy to get into the city and out. My biggest complaint about this hotel was breakfast! Dragged the husband and kids out of bed about 45 min. before breakfast time was over and there where tons of people there with no place to sit and eat. The bigger problem was that there was no food begin replenished. I went in the back and asked the lady who was working the food area, who acted like she could have cared less, for more fruit. I have stayed at Fairfield's before and know that we where not getting a full breakfast and yes, it may be packed but I did want some fruit and bagels to be put out! Now, on a good note, they had happy hour every evening (free) I don't know if they had beer but we had mixed drinks which was very nice. Would stay at this hotel again do to price and location and how clean it was.

Utica, New York
Reviewed August 8, 2011

On Friday, July 29th we stayed at this nice hotel in North Charleston, South Carolina. It was fantastic! We had no complaints at all.

We arrived late but as we’d asked the staff pre-assigned us a room on a high floor in a quiet area. All of the employees at the hotel were amiable and welcoming. We entered our room and found it to be very well furnished and modern, as a lot of the newer/renovated Fairfield Inns are. (This hotel was newly renovated.) Our room was extremely spacious! Later on we realized it was handicap accessible. (The shower was still regular though, not walk-in or anything.) We loved our room and if you’re looking for extra space definitely request a handicap room if they have any available. If you’re traveling with 5 and need space for an air mattress or whatever, this room had plenty of space for one. It was also clean. Very clean. Usually I’ll spot hair on the bathroom floor or somewhere at a hotel- I purposely keep my out for imperfections when it comes to cleanliness- and our room was spotless. The only thing wrong with it was that the bathroom door kind of stuck, like it was too big for its door frame. It opened okay but required more of a tug than usual to open. No big deal, but I thought I’d point it out. The beds were so comfortable!! We had a great night’s sleep with NO interruption and woke up with no back pain at all. I’ll add that our room was equipped with both a microwave and mini fridge, along with an iron, hair dryer, flat screen TV, etc. The rooms had wireless internet, too. Everything we wanted and needed was there. There’s also a little “market” in the lobby with Lean Cuisines and such that you could take and heat up in your room.

The outdoor pool at this hotel was very nice. It was nothing special, but it wasn’t too small and it was well-kept. There’s a small “business center” at this hotel with two modern computers and a fax machine which comes in handy. Breakfast is complimentary and is like all Fairfield breakfasts. Simple. There’s your juice selection/Coffee, bread/bagel/muffin area, oatmeal/cereal area, fridge area with yogurts and fruit cups and Jimmy Deans, then your classic Belgium Waffle maker.

My family and I were impressed with this hotel and enjoyed our stay. For the price, it was excellent. We definitely will be returning if we’re in the area again. It’s right across the road from the Tanger Outlets and fifteen minutes from Historic Downtown Charleston.

Room Tip: See about getting a handicap room- they're more spacious! ;)
1 Thank Germophobic
Anderson,SC
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed at this hotel one night prior to taking a flight. I am familiar with Fairfield Inns but this one was a cut above! It was recently upgraded- very modern and contemporary-comfy, nice beds.Spotlessly clean, delightful staff, brilliant location-you couldn't ask for more-but wait- there is more! The hotel is 5 minutes to the airport, 10 minutes to downtown Charleston and directly across the street from Tanger Outlet Mall (excellent shopping) and a multitude of restaurants. Parking is free and they offered a great breakfast buffet with hot and cold selections. There is also a swimming pool and deck. I was not too thrilled though to watch several cars pull in to the parking, unload about 10 kids and coolers and proceed to the pool. It was obvious that they were not hotel guests and were just taking a free swim. I didn't use the pool but would have been less than happy had I been lounging by the pool. Irregardless, it is a super hotel and I certainly will stay there again when flying from Charleston. The rates were great too.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

I stayed in this property recently and it was one of my worst nights in a hotel ever. The room smelled like wet feet and the lighting was aweful. You heard EVERYTHING that was going on within what seemed like the entire hotel. Highway traffic included! Continental breakfast was standard but half of the items were frozen!

For being such a new hotel and part of the marriot family I expected more.

• Stayed August 2011
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Stayed one night. Good location, near major highways and adjacent to a large outlet mall. Bed very comfortable. Room was quiet. Staff was helpful, friendly and courteous. Downtown Charleston is about 20 minutes away.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple