“Very nice accommodation”

Ranked #19 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Dallas, Texas
“Very nice accommodation”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nice spacious room, very clean and well decorated. A good choice for the price. Easy commute to downtown and tourist attractions. Only problem we encountered was with housekeeping making the bed. Apparently because we pulled the covers up and didn't leave the bed "messy" they thought we didn't want them to make it. This happened 2 nights in a row. They did offer to come back and make it up after I called but since it was late we didn't bother having them do that.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I would have given this hotel a GOOD rating, but it doesn't have that. I stayed at this hotel during a school visit to Charleston. The hotel was very nicely decorated and the room was a good size. There were a couple of drawbacks. The package we had did not have breakfast included and since it was raining the morning we were there, we decided to eat anyway. It was very expensive. I got the cereal buffet which cost $6. The full buffet was $11, and didn't seem to be that exceptional. I guess if we had gotten the breakfast free, it would have been a very good continental buffet. The layout of the upstair rooms is interesting, and I never found the stairs, which is something I always try to find when I am at a hotel. Also, the bathroom door never completely closed, which isn't a problem if you are there with a spouse or family member, but kind of an issue when you are staying in the same room with a friend. The biggest complaint I had was the work out room. It was HOT!! We had the air down as low as it would go, and it was still over 80 degrees in the room. There wasn't a fan to use. I only stayed for about 20 minutes, because it was too hot. Overall, the hotel is very clean and nice

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hollydawn, Manager at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your comments with our team as the feedback we receive from our valued guests such as yourself enables us to constantly work to improve our guest service, which is something we pride ourselves in. We look forward to having to stay again and welcoming you back to Charleston!
Seattle, WA
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I picked this hotel for my business trip stay in Charleston due to it's proximity to my work, it's prior reviews and the fact that it was a choice on my company's preferred hotel list. The prior reviewers were right! It's a nice hotel that is well kept and freshly renovated.

The rooms are very spacious and nicely decorated. No cheesy hotel stuff. There's even a couch with a handy swing over table perfect for using your computer while watching TV. The first thing I noticed upon entering the room is that the bathroom was on the far side of the room, the outside wall, rather than next to the door to the room. That's refreshing! Really nice tile floors and faux tile shower walls. Very spacious bathroom too. Flat screen TV, nice looking dresser with a room safe inside the top section.

I did need to call engineering to open my room safe, as the batteries had died (no fault there...it happens). The disappointment was that when I called at 9:30 pm, because I wanted to retrieve my belongings from inside the safe, they told me the engineer would be up shortly. I waited for 1.5 hrs and never heard from them, so finally decided to go to bed. They could have given me a courtesy call to let me know not to wait.

The head engineer that came to fix the safe the next time I called was very nice and helpful.

The one day I was able to sleep in, the hallway noise was very loud, but I guess that is hotels for you. However, the fact that the bathroom is not between the room and hall may be a factor. If you want to sleep in, this may not be the hotel for you.

Overall I definitely recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 207. It overlooks the hotel entry circle. There's nothing to see around here, s...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hollydawn, Manager at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us! I do want to apologize for the noisiness that you experienced during your stay and that you were not able to take advantage of a day you could have slept in. We take the quiet enjoyment of our hotel very seriously and make every effort to have all of our guests cooperate. Please know that your comments will be reviewed with our management team so we may find ways to make improvements. We are glad you enjoyed our décor—we just did a huge renovation three years ago come December. Thank you again for your valuable feedback; we look forward to welcoming you back to Charleston and having you stay with us again!
Lodi, New Jersey
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The primary reason I chose this hotel is it's decent price,(comparing it to the different nearby chains of hotels) and when I stayed there last week, I was really pleased.

Close to the airport, of course and if you love to shop, the Tanger Mall
is just in front of the hotel-you can just walk over there.

The hotel is clean and the parking lot is the same. Our room in the 5th floor has a nice firm yet comfortable bed and the linens/towels are clean and seem new.

You really need a car to go to the historic downtown which is probably a 15-20 minute drive.

The hotel staff is nice and we have nothing bad to say, really...

The pool is small but also clean and so is the gym.

Oh, there is large duck in the parking lot that seems to be friendly to. Cute.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hollydawn, Manager at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel! We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you got to enjoy some of the many great things Charleston has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back to Charleston!
dc
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Hotel is convenient to the airport, clean, updated and offers the necessary ammenities including full service restaurant and bar. The modern and unusual layout and decor however create an odd atmosphere which we found difficult to relax in. The open atrium interior was noisy due to the first floor bar in the center of the building. Oddly, when checking in, you have to drag your bags through the bar and lounge guests to get to the elevators located behind the bar. Kids may either love or fear the large lions head towel rings in the bathroom. Restaurant food was ok, staff was courteous and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hollydawn, Manager at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for letting us know of your recent experience with the Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center. We strive to consistently provide superior service and your comments are important to us. We take the quiet enjoyment of our hotel very seriously and make every effort to have our guests cooperate. Please know that your comments will be reviewed with our management team so we may find ways to make improvements.
Florida/North Carolina
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Spent 5 days and nights here April 27 - May 1, 2013. The event was a class reunion and I was the event planner. I have gotten so many rave reviews (too many to list) for the hotel itself, the rooms, the food, the people working there. They all loved it. It is soooooooooo clean. The people are sooooooooooooooo nice - true Southern Hospitality! We had two dinner/dances (buffet style) and the food was excellent. Thank you so much, Angie Gibbs, Dianne Wagner, Hollydawn Channer for all your help ahead of time and during - you were great. A special thank you to Ronald & Jamiel (sp) - such gentlemen. Chef - you need to be on one of those cooking shows. You are so cute and can really cook. Again, Ladies and Gentlemen - on behalf of our group (Stingarees!) we say thank you and well done.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a great experience. I will be sure to share your comments with our team as I'm sure they will appreciate the praise! We hope to welcome the Stingarees back to Charleston for another reunion!!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and have never been disappointed. Staff was friendly and accommodating, bar food service great, food wonderful. I had issues with my room and had to change. The front desk helped with the move and delivered a cheese tray for my troubles.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had great service. I will be sure to share your comments with our team as I am sure they will appreciate the acknowledgement as well. We look forward to having to stay again on your next trip to Charleston!
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Charleston
Embassy Suites by Hilton North C...
#15 of 58 in North Charleston
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North...
#7 of 58 in North Charleston
The Spectator Hotel
#9 of 62 in Charleston
French Quarter
The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel

Been to Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center? Share your experiences!