“Great place, great people!”

Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center
Ranked #20 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I spent 3 months of weekends visiting my mom in the hospital and rehab. This was the most accommodating hotel I've ever visited! I purposely booked with them for 2 of those months. The rooms are clean and the steam showers are terrific, especially after traveling. My son and I are treated as family and we will definitely book here in the future. Great restaurant also!

Room Tip: If you want the quietest rooms ask for one off the atrium. The noise from the bar on the first floor...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Hollydawn, Manager at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and are thrilled with the updates and improvements you'd bring us about your mom. We do hope to see you all again soon!

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Second time staying and what a great hotel. From the staff to the rooms all were excellent. Rooms are large and modern with comfy beds and plenty of outlets. Free wifi, refrig and microwave. Staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. My only comment is the tv had awful reception, probably because it isn't HD.

• Stayed: January 2012

Thank you for coming back and staying with us again! We appreciate your kind review of our hotel; we do strive for that 4-Diamond Excellence!

Reviewed January 17, 2012

This hotel seems to be brand new and is located amid an outlet mall and many choices for eating. The rooms are rather small, but designed with all that you need: coffee maker, fridge, microwave, desk, comfy couch, flat screen, large walk-in shower, good lighting throughout. The decor is modern and well done.

The work out room is spacious with several treadmills (with built in TVs) and free weights.

The bar is set in an atrium with a large TV and several cozy places to sit. Everyone around me loved their food...especially me! I had the shrimp and grits!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the atrium might benefit from the distance. I was down a hallway and never heard the...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Hollydawn, Manager at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your review of our hotel and hope to have you back in with us soon! I hope you got to enjoy some shopping over at the outlets!

Reviewed January 17, 2012

This is a great hotel. Good food. Nice rooms. Awesome bathrooms (oh no bathtubs). Very modern clean awesome hotels and one of the best showers that I've ever had. But there at NO bathtubs. Great hotel and Ive stayed there multiple times

• Stayed: January 2012

We are so glad that you enjoyed our hotel! We do take pride in keeping our fresh, clean image and to provide the best for our guests. Please let me know next time you are in with us and I will personally see to it that you can enjoy one of our Corner King rooms-- spacious room, large bathroom, and a soaking bathtub with a flat screen tv for you to enjoy!

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Checked in on 1/3/2012 for a 4 night stay in North Charleston. We were in town for a conference at the nearby conference center (10-15 min walk or free shuttle), and while we were pretty disappointed with North Charleston (a string of strip malls and an outlet center), we were incredibly pleased by the Crowne Plaza.

The airport shuttle arrived at CHS after every other hotel's shuttle had passed at least twice; in all, I probably waited 20-30 mins. I assume that I simply missed the (subtly-marked) shuttle the first time around, or had poor timing. But when the shuttle did arrive, the gentleman behind the wheel, Roy, was as pleasant and helpful as could be expected. He offered a great first impression of the hotel. Over the course of 4 nights, I rode with Roy quite a bit (including a late-night trip to a place off-the-beaten-path because I needed supplies for a presentation the next morning), and can say that he is a terrific ambassador for the hotel. I interacted with one other bellman, who was also super-friendly and helpful.

The front desk staff, including Korey and (especially!) Chris were tremendously helpful and friendly as well. They accepted packages on my behalf, dealt with me losing my room key a handful of times, and made accommodations for the other folks staying with me, even though I was the only name on the reservation. In terms of staff, the bartender (Matt, I think?) was fantastic.

The room was surprisingly nice as well; the furnishings, bathroom, and fixtures could easily have been out of a Four Seasons, though the view of the rear parking lot and freeway was disappointing. Maid service was hit-or-miss: one day, one bed remained unmade and the maid's sanitary spray was left in the bathroom. The bathroom, by the way, was very stylish, though the sliding door and clear shower door made staying with other dudes a bit awkward (the bathroom is adequately ventilated, I should add).

I'm giving this place 5 stars because:
- Staff/service (always helpful/pleasant, especially Roy, Chris, and Korey).
- Room (modern, clean, comfortable)
- Public spaces (hotel lobby is modern, clean, and comfortable as well)
- Free shuttle (seemed to be always available, and makes trips to the airport or convention center -- free -- and trips downtown -- $7 -- easy)
- Value (this place was less than half the price of the Embassy Suites adjacent to the Convention Center).

Overall, this is a great place for a business traveler or convention attendee to stay, but let me urge you, however, to stay downtown if you're in town for tourism.

Room Tip: Try to avoid views of the rear parking lot/freeway: they're quiet, but dark and boring.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your review! On behalf of Roy, Korey, Chris, Matt and all of the staff here, we strive for excellence in guest service and we are delighted to have been able to show you that! We do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 7, 2012

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this hotel. The staff were incredibly accommodating and friendly. The room was stylish and cleaned daily to a very high standard. The beds were incredibly comfortable. While business brought me to N Charleston, if I ever return this is where I will stay. I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone as it is a very high quality establishment.

• Stayed: January 2012

Thank you! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Let me know when you can be back on leisure travel and I can put together some must-sees!

Reviewed December 2, 2011

I love love love this place!! So clean elegant and customer service (Devandra) was awesome. He helped me booked this place upon waling in and he was such a mannerable gentleman. It gave me hope that there are still some people out there that love their job. When I arrived to my room I felt like I was staying in royalty!! This place was far beyond any place I have ever stayed. When my bridesmaids came over they thought I was RICH!! lol!! My husband loved it as well. The tub was a winner for me and the view was great overlooking all the shopping areas. People this is the hotel for relaxation. No noise, everyone's friendly and the food is good too! We will definitely go back just to relax. I loved it!! Thanks Devandra! YOU ROCK!! Your company should be proud to have an employee like yourself.

Room Tip: clean clean clean
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Hollydawn, Manager at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

Firstly, congratulations on the 15th anniversary! Secondly, we appreciate the kind words! We take great pride in all of our friendly and knowledgeable staff; thank you for appreciating them, too! We do hope to have you stay with us again soon!