Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center
Ranked #21 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Westfield, Indiana
“Great hotel”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

This is a great hotel. Good food. Nice rooms. Awesome bathrooms (oh no bathtubs). Very modern clean awesome hotels and one of the best showers that I've ever had. But there at NO bathtubs. Great hotel and Ive stayed there multiple times

• Stayed January 2012
Hollydawn, Manager at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
We are so glad that you enjoyed our hotel! We do take pride in keeping our fresh, clean image and to provide the best for our guests. Please let me know next time you are in with us and I will personally see to it that you can enjoy one of our Corner King rooms-- spacious room, large bathroom, and a soaking bathtub with a flat screen tv for you to enjoy!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Checked in on 1/3/2012 for a 4 night stay in North Charleston. We were in town for a conference at the nearby conference center (10-15 min walk or free shuttle), and while we were pretty disappointed with North Charleston (a string of strip malls and an outlet center), we were incredibly pleased by the Crowne Plaza.

The airport shuttle arrived at CHS after every other hotel's shuttle had passed at least twice; in all, I probably waited 20-30 mins. I assume that I simply missed the (subtly-marked) shuttle the first time around, or had poor timing. But when the shuttle did arrive, the gentleman behind the wheel, Roy, was as pleasant and helpful as could be expected. He offered a great first impression of the hotel. Over the course of 4 nights, I rode with Roy quite a bit (including a late-night trip to a place off-the-beaten-path because I needed supplies for a presentation the next morning), and can say that he is a terrific ambassador for the hotel. I interacted with one other bellman, who was also super-friendly and helpful.

The front desk staff, including Korey and (especially!) Chris were tremendously helpful and friendly as well. They accepted packages on my behalf, dealt with me losing my room key a handful of times, and made accommodations for the other folks staying with me, even though I was the only name on the reservation. In terms of staff, the bartender (Matt, I think?) was fantastic.

The room was surprisingly nice as well; the furnishings, bathroom, and fixtures could easily have been out of a Four Seasons, though the view of the rear parking lot and freeway was disappointing. Maid service was hit-or-miss: one day, one bed remained unmade and the maid's sanitary spray was left in the bathroom. The bathroom, by the way, was very stylish, though the sliding door and clear shower door made staying with other dudes a bit awkward (the bathroom is adequately ventilated, I should add).

I'm giving this place 5 stars because:
- Staff/service (always helpful/pleasant, especially Roy, Chris, and Korey).
- Room (modern, clean, comfortable)
- Public spaces (hotel lobby is modern, clean, and comfortable as well)
- Free shuttle (seemed to be always available, and makes trips to the airport or convention center -- free -- and trips downtown -- $7 -- easy)
- Value (this place was less than half the price of the Embassy Suites adjacent to the Convention Center).

Overall, this is a great place for a business traveler or convention attendee to stay, but let me urge you, however, to stay downtown if you're in town for tourism.

Room Tip: Try to avoid views of the rear parking lot/freeway: they're quiet, but dark and boring.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review! On behalf of Roy, Korey, Chris, Matt and all of the staff here, we strive for excellence in guest service and we are delighted to have been able to show you that! We do hope to see you again soon!
Boston, MA
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this hotel. The staff were incredibly accommodating and friendly. The room was stylish and cleaned daily to a very high standard. The beds were incredibly comfortable. While business brought me to N Charleston, if I ever return this is where I will stay. I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone as it is a very high quality establishment.

• Stayed January 2012
Thank you! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Let me know when you can be back on leisure travel and I can put together some must-sees!
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I love love love this place!! So clean elegant and customer service (Devandra) was awesome. He helped me booked this place upon waling in and he was such a mannerable gentleman. It gave me hope that there are still some people out there that love their job. When I arrived to my room I felt like I was staying in royalty!! This place was far beyond any place I have ever stayed. When my bridesmaids came over they thought I was RICH!! lol!! My husband loved it as well. The tub was a winner for me and the view was great overlooking all the shopping areas. People this is the hotel for relaxation. No noise, everyone's friendly and the food is good too! We will definitely go back just to relax. I loved it!! Thanks Devandra! YOU ROCK!! Your company should be proud to have an employee like yourself.

Room Tip: clean clean clean
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Hollydawn, Manager at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Firstly, congratulations on the 15th anniversary! Secondly, we appreciate the kind words! We take great pride in all of our friendly and knowledgeable staff; thank you for appreciating them, too! We do hope to have you stay with us again soon!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Great hotel! Very comfortable and clean. Friendly staff and great location!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you! We hope to have you stay with us again soon!
Sumter, South Carolina
Reviewed November 25, 2011

OMG breath taking when you walk in! customer service exquisite! king size bed fluffy! the bathroom! I could live in;-) that big flat screen on the wall and oversized bath tub i was in pure luxury! I didnt want to leave! truly a touch of class! we had a window view of the tangler oulet i was a kid in the candy store excited to be so near all that shopping:-) convience! oh so awesome! we are so hooked we will be staying there from now on! i am so spoiled lol......
thank you so much for a warm and beautiful experience. definitely so deserving of a five star hotel!!!!!! Happy Happy Happy. this place has a really nice workout gym too!

Room Tip: we loved the top floor and the window view! just fabulous
1 Thank Katina C
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Charleston for your stay! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you soon!
Sumter, South Carolina
Reviewed November 22, 2011

This hotel was the host hotel for our 25th reunion for The Citadel. Accommodations, food and facilities could not have been better. I have received nothing but positive comments from my classmates after a great weekend.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Hollydawn, Manager at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, November 26, 2011
We greatly appreciate you choosing us to host your reunion! You all were a great bunch and we enjoyed having you with us! We hope to see you all again in the future!