“Fresh and "homemade"”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Summerville, SC
“Fresh and "homemade"”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Me and hubby stopped in here the other night to grab a quick bite for dinner, as it was one of the restaurants in the area that we had not yet tried for some reason. The parking lot was surprisingly not packed so we pulled in. We were provided with a basket of "bread" (I always love when that happens) and were surprised at the "different rolls" this restaurant served. They were good, but I could not really tell what they were, so I had to ask. They looked like little "muffins" and kind of tatsed like cornbread, but did not have texture of cornbread. They are actually a combination of a biscuit and cornbread and have grated cheese in them as well. They have a sweet taste to them and are highly addictive so beware! The menu boast that EVERYTHING is homemade, nothing frozen and I do believe it after tasting their food. The side salads came out very fresh, we both opted for the Vinagrette dressing thinking it was a balsamic vinaigrette but it was not. Had a "weird" tang to it, but was edible. We both got a BBQ plate (I pulled pork, hubby brisket). Both were good but the portion of the plate seemed a little small for the price. It came with one side since we both opted for a salad as one of our sides. BAked beans were good, but the potato salad was best I have had! We ended the dinner with homemade banana pudding which was pretty good, but very sweet! We will most likely return when in the area again. Waitress kept the glasses full which is always a plus. Quick service.

• Visited September 2013

Louisville, Kentucky
“Reunion chow down”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We ordered pulled pork BBQ for 35 people to carry back to the hotel. In addition to the delicious pork we had baked beans that were sweet & saucy and very good. Cole slaw was also very good. The hotel was about 2 miles from Jim 'N Nick's and the food was still very warm when it arrived. More than enough for our group and very good.

Visited August 2013
Tucson, AZ
“Real good BBQ, value and service.”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch. Fast service was excellent. Cheese biscuits were fabulous. I got double decker, lot of good pork and beef BBQ on a sandwich. Wife got a stuffed BBQ potato that was huge and good. Would definitely return.

• Visited September 2013
Montpelier, Vermont
“ok i guess”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were looking for meal after arriving in the Charleston airport and decided on jim n nicks. Apparently this is a chain of BBQ and other southern foods.They start you off with corn muffins which I found to be overly sweet. Both my partner and I had the pulled pork sandwich. It was decent but not exceptional. I did not find the BBQ sauces to be anything special either. Most disappointing was cucumber salad that was drowning in some kind of vinagrette dressing. Not sure that I would choose to go here again.
A Vermonter

• Visited August 2013
Cottageville, South Carolina
“Yummy barbeque”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This barbeque rocks and love the little biscuits. The pimento cheese burger is awesome too. Nuff' said. Eat here!

Visited July 2013