“spacious place for a night`s stsy”

SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate
Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We stretched out our last day in Charleston and needed one more night before heading home. This hotel seemed to be the best quality available for the price. The carpet in the hall was soiled and the lobby has a strange 70`s vibe going on. However, the room was clean and well furnished. We only stayed one night, but you could save a lot of money by staying here and driving in each day.

• Stayed: June 2013
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I am a previous front desk associate at a marriott in buffalo. I was extremely shocked at the front desk employees here. I was never greeted when I walked in those front doors, when i asked them questions they acted like they hated their job. No employees had uniforms or name tag's! My husband saw someone busy texting instead of noticing he walked in. The one i worked at we greeted each and every guest as they came through that door, even if we were busy! I was also down at breakfast and the phone rang off the hook! No more than two rings were allowed at my Marriott. Rude. When i checked in I asked for a crib and they said they would put it in my room while we were gone, guess what not there and i had to go down and wait while my one year waited to go to bed!
In the room, it was problem after problem. The cold water in both sinks stayed cold for only a minute then turned blasting hot, my three year old burned himself. The refrigerator you had to press this button every two hours to keep your things cold.. .not cool when there's milk in there and your gone all day so you cant press the bumovinevery 2hours! We never got our room cleaned until real late one day. My husband had to go get more toilet paper himself at 3.30!
Needless we are moving to Charleston next week and we would never recommend our family or friends to stay here when they visit! Very poor Marriott standards, maybe this location needs to rewatch the training videos!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank clembke16
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Wow, we had a great time in Charleston , this was the perfect hotel ! Great customer service,free breakfast,very clean with Large Rooms ! Close to everything.. I am very pickey about where I stay , and this is a great hotel find ... I will return again :)
Thanks Travas for the free upgrade and womderful customer service ....

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the larger suite , it is well worth it .. Beauitful Decor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank GOLDENGIRL4
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We've stayed at a SpringHill Suites before in New Bern NC and it was wonderful. So I had high expectations when I booked us for just one night on Memorial Day weekend! The website pics were very beautiful, but you know how good all those pictures look for every hotel!! But these didn't lie. The room is beautiful, non-smoking king, and is very well appointed. Beautiful colors. And get this ladies - Paul Mitchell products for your hair! I've never stayed anywhere with PM products. The only thing I will mention is that the indoor pool is very, very small. If you have little children, it might be fine. But we never planned to use it anyway. Haven't even sampled the complimentary breakfast yet, but had to write about how beautiful this place is! I love the colors in the suite. There is a few stains on the carpeting, especially a very large one, probably coffee or cola, that needs to be taken care of. The only reason I'm not giving an "excellent" for cleanliness. But I will definitely come here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lavoie2010
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is the nicest hotel I have stayed in some time. The personnel were very helpful. The rooms were spacious very clean and equipped well. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast that was complimentary was good. They made sure everything was stocked and very fresh. The is not one negative thing that I can think of that I could report. The price was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank denali01
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My family and I (Family of 4 with 2 young children ages 5 and 3) went on vacation to Folly Beach South Carolina the weekend of May 9th, 10th, and 11th 2013. This hotel was awesome. Hot breakfast with lots of choices of hot and cold items. Super clean rooms. Excellent service. ALL OF THE STAFF WERE awesome. NOT ONE MEMBER of that staff was rude or condescending. Everyone was more than glad to assist us with anything that we needed. The Front desk clerk was even courteous enough to give us directions to Folly Beach. Super Nice and friendly people. The hotel was in close proximity to the Charleston Harbor, South Carolina Aquarium, Patriots Point, James Island, and Folly Beach. Numerous shops and restaurants are in close proximity to the hotel.

If I come to Folly or the Charleston area again, which I am going to. I will be sure to book this hotel again. I can't express how pleased I was with this hotel, its location, and the staff there.

Thanks again SpringHill staff for the excellent stay.

-M. Cline, MA, NREMT-P
CEO/Lead Instructor
East KY Emergency Consulting and Training, LLC

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor. Vending and Ice were conveniently located.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ClineFamily2008
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This hotel have Architectural success nice interior and beautiful rooms, casual and colorful lobby, rooms. Colors making you feel like you are living next to sea. Well, in week days busy with business people. Nice for families too. Modern lobby under good experienced hands. Reasonable price, very nice place to stay. Inside hotel was very modern comfy rooms, excellent,other than that pool and garden area was very cosi - small. Overall it was very refreshing to stay there.Thank you for Marriott family.

Room Tip: Except 205 other 200... infront of hotel no views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business