“Couldn't use the internet”

SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate
Ranked #17 of 60 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We checked in on March 25, 2013, The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very modern but didn't have anywhere to place the luggage besides the floor. I was going to work on my computer that night and could not get connected through my firewall to do work from home. I didn't have to use the wi-fi because we had carried acable from home to connect to the wired internet. Both wi-fi and wired were not available to get me to where I needed to be in order to work. I went down to the front desk twice and asked about the connection. I was told that other people staying in the hotel could not connect also if you have a secure program you needed to use. I tried until almost 11:00 p.m. that evening to get on with no luck. If you need to work from this site, I would advise you to stay somewhere else. The breakfast was good but they need more seating. It was quiet in our room and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The room was very clean, breakfast was very good, and the front desk staff was very friendly. The only problem was housekeeping that did not clean our room during our stay. Once we informed the front desk, they sent someone up right away. Unfortunately it was 11:30PM at night. Overall we had a good time and a very nice stay. We will stay here again in the future.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The room and hotel was very clean. It's the perfect place for a family considering all the rooms are suites and thus have a sofa bed. The breakfast each morning was awesome (with a different choice of waffles each morning)!!! We had cinnamon one morning and strawberry the next. There's always hot coffee and hot chocolate available 24/7. I literally fixed myself a cup in the lobby every time we left the hotel. My husband and children took advantage of the indoor pool and had a great time. Most importantly, the staff was excellent. I needed an ethernet cable which they had no problem providing at the last minute. Also, you have to meet Dorothy. She really is the "mama" of the hotel and she will make you feel so comfortable. She is the major reason why the Marriott is now our brand of choice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shauntae E
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This property is located close to the airport(but no airport noise), easy access to the interstate, and only 20 min to downtown. We had 3 rooms, our 2 adult children and their families and the grandparents. The rooms were clean, comfortable and roomy--even with a pack & play. The breakfast was great especially because we were able to bring the food on a tray to the room instead of trying to take toddler and babies to the breakfast room. The staff was friendly and helpful. We all had a great time!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed for one night. Weren't sure of section of town but only 20 minutes from Charleston. The
were very friendly and helpful and gave us great directions to our destination in CHarleston. The breakfast buffer was also perfect.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The kids liked the breakfast, we had the larger suite which was fine for four people. Clean run, nice breakfast. Hot coffeee 24 hours a day. Pool was small but we were not there for swimming. Easy access to interstate. Close to airport but did not hear airplanes.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank imagesofwildlife
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We checked in and the room seemed nice. We had the TV on. We received a call from the front desk that the TV was too loud!!! Although that was impossible given the volume level we turned it down and could barely hear it. The front desk called AGAIN and said it was too loud. I offered for the person at the front desk to come INTO our room to hear for themselves. The person from the front desk refused to do this if they did they would have seen that the volume was set extremely low(on a relative scale it was 1 or 2 on a 10 scale). I am guessing that the reason they refused was they they probably knew there would have been only two possible conclusions: 1.) the hotel walls are paper thin OR 2.) the other 'guests' were being ridiculous and unreasonable. I will never stay this place again or any other Marriot. I complained to Marriot and received a email non-apology from the manager - someone named Radu.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family