“Impressive accomodations!”

Ranked #14 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
auburn, al
“Impressive accomodations!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The Springhill Suites by Marriott in North Charleston were impressively furnished and decorated in contemporary motifs that were pleasing to the eye as well as functional. This recent stay of ours lasted a few days and our room was extremely comfortable and clean. The lounging sofa, extra cushions, extra space, bed, bathroom--all decorated in pastel tones and enjoyable to return to after a day of touring. The breakfast was very good; lots of choices and plentiful food. Considering how many people were staying there, obviously tour groups, we were not bothered by crowds, extra noise or lack of space to eat at breakfast because of the spacious layout. We were impressed. The employees were pleasant; the business center was always available and I think the only drawback was the lack of a hot tub in the pool area, which would have been nice. Otherwise, we would definitely stay there again and recommend the place to friends.

Room Tip: We like a king size bed on a side that is quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GM7535, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Your gracious compliments and excellent details are greatly appreciated, and I will be sure to share them with my associates.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Charlotte
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed on this property 3 times on business in the past 6 months and every time i've had a very good experience. Nothing to write home about, but I find this property as good value and what you'd expect from a value tier Marriott hotel. No issues.

• Stayed March 2013
GM7535, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
I want to thank for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel. We greatly appreciate your impute as we continuously strive to improve our service.
Lancaster, PA
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I thought id take time to write this review because our stay here was great! The hospitality in this hotel should be commended. The breakfast was great. There was an employee (sorry did not hear her name) that came to the dining area and greeted everyone in the morning and asked if anyone needed anything, she was great! Also without question the rest of the staff was very very helpful. Even though i had placed a tag on my door that i did not want housekeeping one of the housekeepers offered clean towels or anything else that i needed. The bed was very comfortable and the room was so dark and quiet i could have slept all day, my husband even overslept and he barely sleeps over 5 hours!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
I want to thank for taking the time to complete a lovely review on our hotel. Your gracious comments and details are greatly appreciated and I will make sure to share them with Mama, the breakfast associate you describe.
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for his birthday. The king bed was very comfortable and the room was spacious. The sitting area was comfortable and I liked having the area. The staff was friendly and the room was clean.

• Stayed February 2013
I want to thank for taking the time to complete a lovely review on our hotel. Your gracious comments and details are greatly appreciated and I will make sure to share them with my associates.

Thank you again, and we all look forward to have you and your husband visit with us again.
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The room was very spacious. The hotel was beautiful and perfectly maintained. The bed was very comfortable. The location is excellent. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Charleston!

• Stayed December 2012
Harlingen, Texas
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel is only 10 minute drive from downtown and we saved hundred dollar each night by staying 10 minutes from the center of Charleston. The hotel staff very friendly and helpful, breakfast staff go out of their way to assist when something has run out. It is very clean and it looks like they just upgraded the decor.

Only negative- If you enjoy swimming ..there pool is the smallest I have ever seen at a hotel. But if your not planning on swimming, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

I do apologize if our pool disappointed you. Frankly, we had anticipated a strong corporate environment, and given that we are so well received by so many guests traveling for leisure, we do regret that we did not plan for a larger pool.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have made multiple business trips to the Charleston area, always staying at different hotels. This is by far my favorite, for the following reasons:

- Staff is very friendly and accommodating
- Incredible price/value ratio
- Room has HD Flat screen TV
- Room has free Wired + Wireless internet
- Room is well soundproofed
- Room layout is spacious and well designed
- Hotel is very clean and modern
- Hotel is very close to the airport/Boeing (10 min)
- Hotel is very close to Northwoods Mall, various restaurants, and cinema theater
- Hotel has nice gym w/ free weights + TVs on every machine
- Hotel has guest laundry room

The only downside would be that the downtown area is maybe 20-30 minutes away. However, as you get closer to downtown, rates increase dramatically at other hotels. I think that staying at Springhill Suites and driving, or hiring a cab when drinking, is the best option. Having tried both, that is what I choose anyway.

One suggestion to hotel management would be to add a personal safe to the rooms, although the staff at the front desk will be happy to lock away any valuables for you. Also, staff seems quite trustworthy, and I had no qualms leaving my stuff in my room.

Overall, I am having an incredibly pleasant stay at Springhill Suites and will reccommend this hotel to my colleagues. I have been staying at this hotel for one month now, and have no inclination to try a different one. Congrats on a great establishment.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Alex B
Thank you for taking the time to complete a lovely review of your stay. Your gracious compliments of the hotel and staff are greatly appreciated. I will make sure to share your comments with my associates