“Clean and spacious.”

SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate
Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

What can I say, its clean and maintained and the food was good. I would return to this location again, it is a little hard to find at first but once your there its all good. It is located near many restaurants and about 15 min drive to downtown charleston (pending traffic).

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank TheFoodCritic505
GM7535, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

I want to thank you for the very kind words. I will make sure to share your comments with my associates and look forward to have you visit with us again, in the near future.

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We recently stayed there on a trip to Charleston. I was really disappointed at the condition of our room and of the hotel, This is a new property and our carpet had stains, there were stains on the sofa and chips out of the flooring on the elevator floor. We had other problems as well and I reported them to the hotels "director of first impressions". A very nice lady but obviously not part of the management or ownership group. Unfortunately now almost 3 weeks from the date of the visit and I have not heard from anyone. I am really disappointed. I don't normally complain about things (because usually at a Springhill you don't have to - my last 2 Springhill review ratings in Virginia and Arizonia were "5's") but this property was not good in good condition. We stayed at the Fairfield in North Charleston for the same price and that is a much better option if you are loyal to the Marriott brand. That hotel was in great shape. It just seems like they don't care about the little things at this property.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NSTraveller493
GM7535, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

I thank you for your comments and please accept my apologies for having disappointed you.

The condition and image of the hotel is always of great concern to us but scheduling some of the work in public areas, can at times be challenging. We are very fortunate to be a very popular and busy hotel, and we try to insure that any work in the hotel, does not negatively impact the guest experience. We constantly do in house cleaning of carpets and upholstery, during hours when it does no interfere with our guests. Periodically we bring a professional outside contractor for deep cleaning, but we must insure that it is during times when the hotel is not very busy. It is also true that we have 3 small chips on elevator floor tiles and regrettably that is an even more challenging task to schedule, due to the drying time required and the intensive use the elevators receive.

Again, I do apologize if we have disappointed you.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was in Charleston to see my sister compete in the Miss SC Pageant and all the workers were fabulous. The room was clean, beds were comfy, and the only hotel that had enough pillows on the bed! All of the staff was extremely nice. I loved the breakfast staff coming around and making sure everybody was happy. I will stay there again! Great place for a great price!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to complete a lovely review of your stay. Your gracious compliments of the hotel and staff are greatly appreciated and I will make sure to share them with my associates. We all look forward to have you visit with us in the future.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My family had a wonderful stay!!! We enjoyed the staff and breakfast. The rooms were clean and the front desk was very helpful! It has a location that is easy to access and has neighboring attractions. Definitely recommended and will return again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
GM7535, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete a lovely review of your stay. Your details and gracious compliments are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I were in Charleston for a wedding. We were stranded by SANDY, for 3 days, because LaGuardia Airport was flooded. We had to extend our stay twice. The hotel maintained our rate for the additional days, when they could have increased our price. The staff also made every effort to make us feel comfortable, under very difficult circumstances. They went out of their way to check on how we were doing and provide recommendations for places,in the area. In addition to this, it is an extremely clean facility, with an excellent breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to complete a lovely review of your stay. Your gracious compliments of the hotel and staff are greatly appreciated; I will make sure to share them with my associates and we all hope that all is well with your home up-north. We look forward to have you visit with us in the future, under less stressful circumstances.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed here in October when I attended my nephews graduation from the coastguard. The location was great close to all. Upon arriving at the hotel the front desk staff was very welcoming and courteous and will say the same for the other staff I encounted during my stay. The room was clean and comfortable...I had to extend my stay due to the storm in New York and I was quite comfortable, if you looking for a place to stay in the NorthCharleston area that's reasonable I recommend the Springhill Suites. Mama and Ms Laquanda will help make your stay even better with their true southern hospitality.....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to complete a lovely review of your stay. Your gracious compliments of the hotel and staff are greatly appreciated; I will make sure to share them with my associates and in particular with Mama and Laquana..

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was in Charleston for a short trip, and I stayed at this Marriott for 3 days. The hotel is in a great location, next to a mall, many dining places and right off interstate 26, the main artery into historic downtown Charleston. The room was very clean and spacious; I definitely enjoyed the big flat screen TV that could swivel, the recessed lighting with a dimmer switch and even the fancy iPod docking clock that I used to listen to my iPod. Also, having access to free WiFi, a business center and unlimited coffee at all times was very convenient! Great attention to detail. The breakfast was delicious and this wonderful lady (I found out that her nickname is "Mama") was running the dining room making sure everyone was happy. The staff were also very professional and helpful. I didn't have any issues at all and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Wilson L

Thank you for taking the time to complete a lovely review of your stay. Your gracious compliments of the hotel and staff are greatly appreciated; I will make sure to share them with my associates and in particular with Mama.