So glad I rummaged through an old purse and found this card after our stay. I came in on Friday, and yes we were earlier than the normal. I must say Tom and Kimberleigh or Leigh, the desk clerk accomodated us everytime with a warm smile, and eagerness. Our rooms were not ready as of 12noon, so she suggested that we have lunch, and perhaps check back a little later. At about 2 pm, we came back, ready to check in, and Leigh worked it out to where we could all be together. Extremely personable, joking with us, and relatable, as if she was a part of our families. Our rooms were comfy, and cozy, and when requesting extra linen, it was brought to us immediately by a housekeeper. Later that night is when our comfortable stay would turn into a nightmare. We stopped by the desk that evening before heading out to what seemed to be a desk clerk from hell. She was on the phone with a guest and was annoyed as we could see across her face. After hanging up with them, she didn't address us as to how she could help, she just gave us a blank stare. We asked for directions to a spot downtown, and she snatched the map from the counter and pointed us to God only knows. Not wanting anymore of her help, we just left.The next morning I personally got up to enjoy breakfast. The breakfast clerk was extremely busy, though she handled herself very well. Everything was fresh and neat. My cousin even helped her stack cereal. As we were sitting, we noticed another female coming to help that looked as if she had just crawled out of bed. Needless to say, this was the breakfast manager. We all chuckled at how inappropriate she was dressed and she even bent over once for the entire world to catch a glimpse. We saw Leigh again who seemed to need help and that's when we figured the breakfast manager was also the front end manager because she went to assist. We laughed with the breakfast attendant on how great of a job she was doing, and told her we would definately let her manager know. Later that day around 2pm we stopped by the desk to let them know that my mothers room had not been cleaned, the same manager never said anything, she just grabbed a walkie and called someone to clean it, then looked at us and said they will get to you. Whatever happened to "I apologize" it's 2pm, who wants to get unrelaxed now, needless to say it was my mothers fault for having a non disturbance sign on her door all morning. Our check out was expressed, and suffice, but we just stopped by to tell Leigh goodbye she gave us this card and told us the property would appreciate our feedback. I'm sure had she known what all we encountered she would have rethought, well, Leigh...too late, good job on your end, and the breakfast clerk needs major help when she's busy, and help from somene who is refreshed and ready to work. Overall, the minor mishaps did not ruin our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites North Charleston-University Blvd. hotel is located near Charleston Southern University and Trident Medical Center. Our hotel is convenient to local businesses such as Boeing, Force Protection, DuPont, and Joint Base Charleston - Air Force Base. Wake up to a free hot breakfast before venturing out in Charleston. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites North Charleston-University Blvd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites North Charleston-University Blvd Hotel North Charleston
- Hampton Inn And Suites North Charleston-University Blvd