“Nice Modern Look But Take A Closer Look”

Hyatt Place North Charleston
Ranked #5 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nice Modern Look But Take A Closer Look”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel is definitely up on the looks side but other then that I've been to places with better customer service. I called three time to check my reservation, ask question, and for info every time I was put on hold for a good 2-3 minutes. Never had this happen to me before at other hotels. Check-in was unnecessary annoying. The lady was nice as can be but didn't work well under pressure or something. She was complaining, sweating, and breaking apart right in front of me just because of the numerous phone calls. The other staff were pleasant and respectful too. The inside is beautifully furnished and design. However, the swimming pool had a broken hand rail almost fell because of it and for some reason the pool room is very humid some 80 degrees. The breakfast was nice but the staff are not really good at refilling the items or helping the check out desk at this particular part of the day. If you stay at this Hyatt just hope and pray nothing goes wrong because the staff are not very knowledgeable or helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ikuraya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
Hudson, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

We went to Charleston for the first time and all because of the Groupon offering the stay at this nice hotel. It has been a very nice surprise to stay at a Hyatt hotel and notice these have become "lean, modern and efficient"- even though is located 20 mins away from downtown, the easy access to the highway made it easy to move around.. very nice!

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have reviewed this hotel before, and I have not stayed at this Hyatt 4 times in the past 1.5 years. My wife and I love this hotel so much, that we will never stay at another hotel in Charleston (unless I feel like really splurging). But really, there is no reason to stay at any other hotel. The service is great, the rooms are extremely clean and up-to-date (not to mention huge!).

I work for a company who has very strict standards to service (service industry business) as we serve clients who expect ultra-luxury. So I am usually kind of hard on hotels, restaurants, etc. However, I do also take into consideration several factors to how I rate someone based upon 3 things: Price, Brand, Location.

Though this is not a 5 star hotel by any stretch, I give it 5 stars. Here is why: The most I have ever payed for this hotel was $98/night. For the price, the fact that this is a Hyatt brand, and that it is conveniently located right off the highway in North Charleston, you just can't beat this hotel. I rigorously research hotels before I book something. The same thing happened when I stayed at this hotel for the first time. I deduced that this would probably be the best bang for my buck. And I was not disappointed. The breakfast is pretty good for free. Though it could have a little more options, honestly, I always found something good and could not complain. The rooms are huge and very up-to-date (I personally like the Accessible rooms better because they have walk-in shower, and just make the whole place feel nicer). Pool and workout facilities aren't the best I have ever seen, but let's be honest, do you really use those if you are staying for a few nights or if your purpose of the trip is to go to the beach? So you can't complain there either. And the front desk clerks are very nice too. I have heard of people having bad experiences, but I have yet to encounter an unreasonable person.

I do have only one negative thing to say about this hotel: The elevators take about 1 year per floor. They are sloooooww.

All in all, as I said before, I will always be staying at this hotel anytime I go to Charleston.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Made a reservation through Orbitz 2 weeks a go to catch a flight in the the next morning from Murells Inlet with my pregnant wife. Unfortunately it was not the one by the airport. My mistake when I showed up at the airport Hyatt Place. Reservations made that evening (appx 4.30 PM the same day) Contacted Orbitz, they were completely fine with cancelling and refunding me but THIS HOTEL WAS NOT. Asked why couldn't this be fixed? They said they didn't know how and would have to talk to the manager Serena White. Left message for the manager Serena White to call me to resolve the issue and she never did; that was 2 weeks ago.

I do stay alot at Hyatt's. Having been a Hyatt Gold Passport costumer, I am disappointed with this POOR buisness practice.

I'll pay the 135 dollars for the same day cancellation BUT I WON'T BE STAYING AT ANOTHER HYATT PLACE ANYTIME SOON!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Greer, South Carolina, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

For one reason or the other, have not stayed at a Hyatt Place since 2008 in Greenville, SC. My stepdaughter took advantage of a Groupon offer, and it was a very pleasant experience. When she went inside to check in she happened to have to answer an important phone call, the front desk clerk Adrianne actually came around the counter to wait on her. She was very helpful and courteous. Our other interactions with other front desk clerks, the breakfast room attendant were all positive. The room was nice and clean, quite spacious and a good size TV. The shower head was big and had good water pressure, but the drainage was very slow. The room had a small refrigerator but no microwave. There were other conveniences that we did not use, such as washer and dryer in the vending area. In these days and ages, where customer services were lacking in lots of hotel chains, this particular Hyatt Place is definitely a notch above. Genuine greetings and common courtesy from the staff definitely made our stay very pleasant and would visit this Hyatt Place again if we are in the area. It also gave us a positive image of this chain.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Greenville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Enjoyed the comfort of our room at the Hyatt Place just recently. We don't spend much time in motel rooms but love to have a nice place when we head in for the night. The breakfast was very good - much more items than are usually found in a complimentary breakfast. Will look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Summerville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Spotless room, good quality complimentary breakfast with good variety, staff is friendly and accomodating. Well located with easy access to downtown, Mt. Pleasant and the airport via I-26. If you don't need to be right downtown, this is a great choice and a good value. Cracker Barrel next door if you are into that.

Room Tip: We like the 5th (top) floor.