All reviews convention center great hotel free shuttle charleston airport tanger outlets sleeping area corner room free breakfast comfortable beds fresh fruit indoor pool would definitely stay here again up to date hot breakfast mini fridge each morning minute drive
Reviewed May 13, 2010

I was "sent" to this hotel by the cruise line when we had to return to port early.
it was a fabulous place. Brand new, and everything was elegant.
The bed was superb -- high and fluffy and loaded with pillows and silky sheets.
Staff was super nice.
No restaurant or coffee shop on premises, just some light selections that were a little pricey.
It was several miles away from the city center, with only an occasional shuttle bus to go downtown. Airport and convention center, however, and many good restaurants nearby.

Date of stay: March 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank joramrose
Reviewed April 29, 2010

This hotel is very new and clean. Employees were helpful and friendly. Shower was wonderful. But one reason I wouldn't return is because the lighting is so cold, bright, and glaring. Atmosphere means alot to me, and I felt like I was in Walmart. Also, there were no brochures about area attractions; we had just arrived in Charleston and I was looking forward to going to the hotel and planning our trip.

Reviewed April 28, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for the Family Circle Tennis Cup and it was amazing. Most all the other hotels in area were way overpriced and the Hyatt was right on the money. When I checked in early it was clean comfortable and with no hassle. Our room was on the 2nd floor over looking the front. Not much of a view but I didn't book for the view. The HUGE sofa in the room made me feel right at home. When we got back from long days at the Tennis Tournament the sofa hit the spot. We don't eat breakfast food in hotels but the coffee was great (Seattle’s Best). I would defiantly recommend the hotel to anyone needing to stay in the North Charleston Area. It was very easy to find.

1  Thank DJinSC001
Reviewed April 25, 2010

Great room and amenities, including enough outlets for computers, chargers, and all the tech stuff we travel with. AMAZING, WONDERFUL STAFF. Not inexpensive for the star level, but you are not paying for silly stuff that you don't need or parking either. The dining area and complimentary breakfast are very good. The only complaint is that the a/c-heating unit is right next to the bed, and the thermostat is by the door--opposite sides of the room--so keeping the temp comfortable is a challenge. An odd note: the bathroom door swings within millimeters of the toilet, so getting in and out can be a challenge. Why not simply have the door swing out towards the room? No one in a wheelchair could access this bathroom.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank cdfs
Reviewed April 18, 2010

I just returned from the Hyatt Place Charleston Convention. We really enjoyed our stay. The rooms were beautiful. The place was spotless. The staff was very accomodating and very knowledgable of the area. They even suggested a great alternative to going downtown for dinner.