“Nice stay, location is interesting though”

Courtyard North Charleston Airport/Coliseum
Ranked #27 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Dayton, OH
“Nice stay, location is interesting though”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hotel is located on the opposite side of the freeway of the Tanger Outlets. So you don't get the traffic or buzz from that area. That being said, the hotel is up to date, has a nice pool and fitness and business center. It is about 300ft from the N. Charleston City Hall which is their city govt spot. You can walk to a few restaurants but you want to pass on the movie theater near it. Easy to get on and off the freeway from it also.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Krumdog89
Mary B, Manager at Courtyard North Charleston Airport/Coliseum, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. While many restaurants are just a few minutes away, our Market offers snack and meal options 24-hours-a-day and our Bistro is open for Breakfast and Dinner each day. We look forward to having you stay with us next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our baseball team stayed 6 nights during the Caba World Series. We were given a group rate and flexibility on our check-out time. The staff could not have been more accommodating to our group. The front staff and maid staff all were very nice. I had requested a refrig and upon check-in was told I would have to wait 30 minutes if I wanted a room w/a refrig. I did not want to wait however when I got to my room there was a refrig. It was small but it was nice to have.
I was also told when I checked in that I was in a renovated room - it was clean and was
updated. The beds were very comfortable and the bedding was wonderful, without the annoying duvet covers that get all messed up. One thing that WAS super annoying was the "I'm good" - do not disturb sign for the door. Every time you opened the door it would go flying off. I must have picked it 50 times. The café was pricey but the gentleman working there was sooo nice.
There is a deli practically right off the parking lot called Hello Deli with very reasonable prices & good portions. It is only opened for breakfast and lunch but a better option than eating at the hotel. You can walk to it.
The outside pool was great for the boys and there was plenty of chairs. There is a side area by the pool with some extra seating also.
The property has ONE washer and dryer - this was tough. Two of us elected to go to the NAI coin laundry which was pretty close by and by far better than waiting for the washer and dryer at the hotel.
The hotel was about 25-30 minutes from both Sullivan's Island and Isle of Palm. It is close to a Wal-Mart, Sam's Club and the outlet mall. We very much enjoyed our stay and appreciate the staff working with us!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a balcony. I was in a double room w/no balcony.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank identicaltwin
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! We are glad to see that you enjoyed you enjoyed your stay with us. We are constantly trying to improve our product and have recently purchased additional refrigerators for our guest rooms. I am so happy that our staff's genuine hospitality helped you to enjoy your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next trip to Charleston, SC!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was the worst hotel, one service lady was rude and there was a cock roach in the room! Also there was hair all over my bed and it has a damp smell and the toilet makes random noises I would not recommend staying here and I won't be coming back

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Thisismyusername12
Mary B, Manager at Courtyard North Charleston Airport/Coliseum, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Our team prides themselves on being hospitable and taking the time to get to connect with our guests. We take our hotel hygeine and cleanliness seriously, including pest control. On a regular basis, we have a licensed professional maintain our hotel to ensure proper cleaning, sanitizing and food safety is in place to ensure the highest levels of cleanliness in our hotel. Our tech has recently visited our property to address your concerns.

I am sorry to see that you found your stay with us disappointing. I would like to talk to you further about your stay. We never want a guest of ours to leave our hotel and not want to return based upon their experience. I can be reached at 843-747-9122 . We would like the oppurtunity to have you stay with us in the future.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

During Spoleto, hotels in Charleston are very expensive, so this hotel which is located right near I-26 and only 15-20 minutes from the center of Charleston is just right. Other than not being able to get the local NBC on the TV and a slightly noisy AC unit, I have no real complaints. The breakfast bar is fast and inexpensive and I will certainly stay here again next year when I come in for Spoleto.

• Stayed June 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

This location is right off the highway and its right in the area of a large movie theatre, restaurants, and the Tanger Outlet. The hotel has a nice staff, and the hotel is very clean! The beds are amazing! If you love soft, not firm beds, then you will definitely enjoy! The decor of the hotel is modern with a swanky feel. I was taking notes on the design. The hotel has a bistro that has a good place to have a light meal and cocktails. The only issues my husband and i had was the elevators felt like it was going to get stuck, and no kitchenette/microwave/refrigerator in our room.

Room Tip: Rooms do not have a kitchen, refrigerator, or microwave.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

The air conditioner sounded like a small animal was trying to claw it's way out. The bed was saggy. The light didn't work. The front desk people were too busy talking to eachother to acknowledge me. I'm exhausted. Worst night's sleep in months- I checked out instead of staying another night.
Stay somewhere else. There's a lovely Fairfield minutes away.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank LivesInHotels365
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night and won't go back. As a big business traveler that stays at a lot of Marriott properties this one was very disappointing. It has the cool new lobby set up and the people were nice but the room was tired and dirty. It sounded like somebody was banging on a garbage can with a hammer when the air conditioner came on. Do your family a favor and stay at the Hyatt Place down the street on Montague instead. Much better and cleaner.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family