Courtyard North Charleston Airport/Coliseum
Ranked #31 of 60 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This hotel is an older looking hotel from the exterior but the inside is updated. The rooms are spacious, bathrooms are nice because the sink is outside the toilet and shower room. The exhuast fan in bathroom is loud but you can live with it since not on all the time. Main draw back is that there is no free breakfast. Pool area is nice and clean and hotel is close to everything.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights. The hotel staff were so accommodating and friendly. They took me anywhere I wanted to go. It's convenient to shopping, restaurants, and a movie theatre! The rooms are really spacious and nice and the ammenities are superb. Their cafe has really good food and service as well. I highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Kim C
Reviewed November 30, 2012

As with most of the Courtyard Hotel chain, the accommodations are good. However, beware that even if you ask for a Quiet room, a dumpster slamming on the concrete will wake you up at 7am on Friday (Odd numbered rooms, side of hotel). Only a person in a coma could sleep through this. (fyi: The train and highway did NOT wake me)
Mgr said this was first complaint he has had....lol ....a hotel is for travelers looking to sleep at night (normally)....some arrive late, and want to "sleep in".
Hotels are virtual ghost towns between 11am and 5pm. They either need to get their dumpster emptied between that 6 hour time frame (or load it themselves into a pickup truck, and bring it to the dump with their own maintenance dept).
It's not acceptable to continue this practice, and I will fight it with the management to get a refund, at every hotel that I am abruptly awakened by this. (2 times, in just last 2 weeks)

Room Tip: Stay in odd numbered room (quieter side of hotel)
2  Thank RobiLong
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I can't say anything too badly about this place. The rooms are decent by Courtyard standards. My room had a mini fridge, a decent flat screen TV, ok beds and free wifi. It has a pool you can take a dip in. There is also a small workout room with only a couple of different machines. The staff was extremely nice. And there is a bar downstairs that serves breakfast for like $10.

But if you are going on a trip to visit Charleston...stay closer to downtown. It's probably a little more expensive...but it's totally worth it. Charleston is a wonderful city. One night I took a cab (which the hotel called for me) and it was $20 to get downtown one way. Another time...I grabbed a cab in downtown to take back to the hotel and it was $35. If you plan on going downtown...you'll be spending any money that you're saving on cabs.

There is a shuttle that will take you to nearby (not downtown) places to eat. But it stops at 11pm. There are pretty much no restaurants in walking distance.

I was here on business. So it wasn't my choice where to stay. If I visit Charleston again on leisure...I will definitely stay downtown.

Charleston is a wonderful city with plenty of things to do and great places to eat and drink. Do yourself a favor and stay closer to downtown. It'll be a lot easier for you to get around.

If you're here for one night on a layover and have an early flight in the morning...then this hotel is perfect for you. The shuttle will take you to the airport.

Room Tip: There is nothing wrong with the hotel itself...it is just too far from downtown.
2  Thank Monkeyboy239
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Staff is terrific...when we arrived the room type we selected was available but we were encouraged to decline this particular room due to noise... a great suggestion. We went downtown and returned several hours later and our new room on the 4th floor was ready; no noise, no problems. This is not an area where you can really get out and walk; the movie theater is next door and it looks like the neighborhood is being renewed...restaurants etc being opened.

Room Tip: Ask the staff; they were really helpful for us;
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2012

It's an older hotel that is newly remodeled like the other Courtyards. It's very nice but there's still some signs of it being a much older hotel. Our room was large and had very comfortable beds. Only downside is no microfridge in the rooms but I don't believe any Courtyards have them. The staff was extremely nice from check in to check out! Very friendly, and made sure to point out some things we could do while we visited downtown. They even asked about our trip and if we enjoyed it. Nice pool and fitness center too, but I'd stay away from the restaurant. It's pretty expensive and the selection is very limited. There's plenty of food places (sit down and fast food) across the interstate around the Tanger Outlets and Convention Center. If you book this hotel, you really can't go wrong though. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My BFF and I check in on Saturday(9-29-12) for the food and wine fest. We were greeted with such a warm welcoming by two of Marriott's finest staff members, Charolette and Milen.(you would have thought we were VIP). Customer service is very important to me ,because I too use to work one on one with others and I treated people like I wanted to be treated(with respect)..The entire staff was outstanding,but Charolette and Milen went above the call of duty and I would like to Thank Marriott for having the two of them on staff,Our stay was outstanding!.Love the fitness center! We will be back in Nov.,can't wait!

Room Tip: Room on 3rd floor (320) overlooks the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends