“Decent Hotel, But Stay Downtown!”

Courtyard North Charleston Airport/Coliseum
Ranked #29 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I can't say anything too badly about this place. The rooms are decent by Courtyard standards. My room had a mini fridge, a decent flat screen TV, ok beds and free wifi. It has a pool you can take a dip in. There is also a small workout room with only a couple of different machines. The staff was extremely nice. And there is a bar downstairs that serves breakfast for like $10.

But if you are going on a trip to visit Charleston...stay closer to downtown. It's probably a little more expensive...but it's totally worth it. Charleston is a wonderful city. One night I took a cab (which the hotel called for me) and it was $20 to get downtown one way. Another time...I grabbed a cab in downtown to take back to the hotel and it was $35. If you plan on going downtown...you'll be spending any money that you're saving on cabs.

There is a shuttle that will take you to nearby (not downtown) places to eat. But it stops at 11pm. There are pretty much no restaurants in walking distance.

I was here on business. So it wasn't my choice where to stay. If I visit Charleston again on leisure...I will definitely stay downtown.

Charleston is a wonderful city with plenty of things to do and great places to eat and drink. Do yourself a favor and stay closer to downtown. It'll be a lot easier for you to get around.

If you're here for one night on a layover and have an early flight in the morning...then this hotel is perfect for you. The shuttle will take you to the airport.

Room Tip: There is nothing wrong with the hotel itself...it is just too far from downtown.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Monkeyboy239
There are newer reviews for Courtyard North Charleston Airport/Coliseum

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Staff is terrific...when we arrived the room type we selected was available but we were encouraged to decline this particular room due to noise... a great suggestion. We went downtown and returned several hours later and our new room on the 4th floor was ready; no noise, no problems. This is not an area where you can really get out and walk; the movie theater is next door and it looks like the neighborhood is being renewed...restaurants etc being opened.

Room Tip: Ask the staff; they were really helpful for us;
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2012

It's an older hotel that is newly remodeled like the other Courtyards. It's very nice but there's still some signs of it being a much older hotel. Our room was large and had very comfortable beds. Only downside is no microfridge in the rooms but I don't believe any Courtyards have them. The staff was extremely nice from check in to check out! Very friendly, and made sure to point out some things we could do while we visited downtown. They even asked about our trip and if we enjoyed it. Nice pool and fitness center too, but I'd stay away from the restaurant. It's pretty expensive and the selection is very limited. There's plenty of food places (sit down and fast food) across the interstate around the Tanger Outlets and Convention Center. If you book this hotel, you really can't go wrong though. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My BFF and I check in on Saturday(9-29-12) for the food and wine fest. We were greeted with such a warm welcoming by two of Marriott's finest staff members, Charolette and Milen.(you would have thought we were VIP). Customer service is very important to me ,because I too use to work one on one with others and I treated people like I wanted to be treated(with respect)..The entire staff was outstanding,but Charolette and Milen went above the call of duty and I would like to Thank Marriott for having the two of them on staff,Our stay was outstanding!.Love the fitness center! We will be back in Nov.,can't wait!

Room Tip: Room on 3rd floor (320) overlooks the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here the night before flying out on an early morning flight. Hotel is about 3 miles from the airport and has a complimentary shuttle if you need it. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. It is an old hotel which has been upgraded to be just like all the other Courtyards. Not much frill, but served its purpose. Bed was comfortable. Had a good night's sleep.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is a recently remodeled Courtyard with their new enhanced community areas. I've stayed there only a couple times, but they were both recently. The rooms are very comfortable, as you'd expect from a newly remodeled Courtyard. The desk staff was also very nice and pleasant. When I asked about renting a meeting room, he didn't have a card, but he took a sticky note and wrote the number on it and proceeded to show me the two rooms.

I will say that the breakfast seemed very expensive, but it was good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank NobodyInParticular
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

The Courtyard by Marriot is a great place to stay if you're on the road for your job or for a short trip to Charleston. The staff is always friendly and helpful while the facilities are nice and clean. The pool is a good size and fairly shallow which is good if you have small children. There is small bistro in the lobby if you're wanting a scone or maybe an egg sandwich. There are two computers which is convenient for people who need to print boarding passes. The room was very nice and clean, the refridgerator was a nice added convenience. Overall I recommend this place if you cannot snag
a good deal in downtown Charleston or Folly Beach. This place is just as nice for a better price.

• Stayed: September 2012