“Convenience for concerts”

Courtyard North Charleston Airport/Coliseum
Ranked #31 of 60 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great location for N.Charleston coliseum and performing arts center. Housekeeping and hotel staff do a great job in keeping this motel in tip top shape.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 20, 2012

This turned out to be a good choice for us. The staff have instruction sheets for guests that give driving directions to anywhere in the city, plus return directions. Quick access to I-26 was a bonus because of our trip plans.

The room we had was one of the modernized ones, and we were quite comfortable there. the staff were helpful and hospitable.

There is a bit of flex in the floors, I guess because it's a truss structure. It can be unsettling.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This was a last minute reservation so I did not do my normal research. Big mistake on my part. I was told when checking in that I would be in a newly renovated room. (Rm. 306) When I walked in I was totally shocked. Turned on the light to call the front desk and killed a bug with my room key crawling across the bed before I could even pick up the phone. I then called to ask if I miss understood that this was a newly renovated room. I was told yes it was. Maybe 20 years ago. I explained I would not be staying and that I was coming down to check out. When on the phone I noticed something on the floor. It was a yellow RX pill that I took to the front desk and told them I was sure they would not want a child to pick up and ingest. The only positive was that the staff were very pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stacey J
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We stayed here last year and were impressed by the helpfulness of the staff and the general quality and cleanliness of the rooms. This year, the rooms were newly renovated and uncommonly attractive. The mattresses were new and very comfortable. The public areas were still being renovated, but the hotel did a good job providing breakfast and business spaces. The only problem is finding the place - no signs on the Interstate and can't be seen from there.

Room Tip: If you need connecting rooms, call before making your reservation. BE SURE to get directions before...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Not usually irritated by a burned out light bulb in a room, my recent stay at this hotel frustrated me. First, a nice floor lamp had been placed in a corner near the sofa. Great, except that when it would not work, I found that the cord was still wrapped around the base and was not plugged in.
Then, in the morning, I started to make a nice pot of coffee only to find that it too was only cosmetically placed and was unplugged. It would not even reach a plug where it had been placed.
In both of these cases, someone just placed these items where they 'looked' good, not where they could even function. As a business traveler, I expect for the room to be functional, not just look the part.
Otherwise, the room was fine and the staff was friendly. If not for these, I would have given a lower rating.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank luvthebeach2
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Got this room off Priceline for $50 and used it for a one night stay after coming in late from the airport. It is in a good location, it is right next to what looks like a police station so it should be safe. If that is your reason for staying, this should work out good for you, but there is nothing special about this place. I wish I remember my room number but it was the worst sleeping bed I have ever stayed in, there was almost a big hole in the mattress when you laid down, and the mattress would just snug around you. It was terrible sleeping that night. I am a Marriott rewards customer and if I would have booked this room myself I would have complained more but I was tired and only there for a few hours. I do not think I would stay here again if I am making my own hotel choice.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This hotel was your basic check-in/out hotel, nothing special. We got this from Priceline for $80 a night of which was pricey for basically a place to sleep while we played in Historic Charleston. The I-26 was right next to the hotel so it made it very easy to head into downtown, there's pretty much nothing surrounding the property except a movie theater. The room provided basic necessities. Check-in was fast and easy since we were able to check-in very early, Paris, the front desk clerk was very warm and friendly and could tell we were very tired.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Les521
Lauren M, Manager at Courtyard North Charleston Airport/Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2011

I want to thank you so much for your review on this site. We are very proud of our associates, and I am excited to be able to convey your compliment to the staff. I also wanted to mention that we will be going through a refurbishment beginning at the end of November and ending in February of 2012. Our property will be fully remodeled, including the guest rooms and the lobby area, to be up to date with the new brand look of Courtyards you may have seen elsewhere. This is a very exciting time for us, and we look forward to seeing some of our guests return for the great service they have come to expect from us and the new, fresh appearance and amenities they need in a hotel. Thank you again for staying with us and particularly for your comments. We hope to see you again.