Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention
Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Charlotte, NC
“Enjoyable stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

Very nice hotel. Check-in was a breeze. The room was very spacious. The bed was comfy. Surprised the room did not have flat screen TVs but it was not an issue for me. The living room also had a large desk that could seat 4 people. The bedroom also had a desk. The location was good. However, you will need a car to get downtown. I did love that there were plenty of restaurants and shopping (Tanger Outlet) nearby.

Even though the hotel was hosting 3 family reunions, we had no problems at breakfast and the manager’s receptions. We just had to make sure we got there early before it got too crowded. The omelet station did get long at times. Manager’s reception was nice but crowded of course. I cannot comment on the pool, fitness center, and the restaurant since I didn't use them.

The only setback to this hotel was having to pay 10.00 for 24 hrs. of internet access. I didn’t think there were still hotels that charged for this. Granted there was a business center, but with only 2 computers and 3 family reunions this didn't seem feasible. I would stay here again, but theinternet cost is a definite turnoff. Check-out was a breeze too.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2009

I stayed at this location in July 2009 with my husband and 3 young children (ages 9,7,3). We chose this location because it was connected to the Convention Center, where my daughter was dancing. We booked the hotel 9 months in advance, then once our plans in regards to the dance schedule were finalized, we re-booked using the pre-pay option one month in advance and saved $220 on our room over the course of our stay.

We arrived at 3:30pm and the check-in process was easy. They were very accomodating in regards to our request for a room on a high floor (there are 9 floors). The hotel lobby was beautiful with glass elevators and little ponds.

We stayed in the standard one bedroom suite. There were 2 double beds, which were not comfortable. The comforters were very cheap and kept falling off the bed and getting bunched up. The sofa bed was fine for my children's use. The room had 2 TV's, which was very helpful with a family of 5 and the refrigerator and extra sink were very handy. The bathrom was spacious and clean, but the water pressure was not good. Also, the stopper in the tub did not work. Our room was cleaned every day and we had no major complaints, except that we booked the room for 5 people, and for the 1st few days I had to call down to housekeeping for extra towels, as only 3 sets were left in the room. They finally got in right on our 3rd day.

We used the pool a few times while we were there and it was a standard size. My only complaint was that the pool towels were very small and not stocked often enough.

We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast every day of our stay. There was a large selection of foods, including an omelette station, scrambled eggs and breakfast potatotes and meats, cold cereal, fruit, french toast and pancakes, and an assortment of breads and muffins. There were cold and hot beverages. Breakfast was constantly busy, however we were able to get a table every day with no pronlem. My only complaint regarding breakfast was the "clean-up" service. The hotel employees that were bussing the tables were very quick to grab plates, in some cases before were we even done. And I also found their practice of putting a tray with other peoples dirty dishes down on my table while they were clearing plates to be disgusting.

Overall our experience was positive. I would definetely recommend this hotel to anyone having business at the convention center. I found the hotel to be both kid and business friendly.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Belfast UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2009

Great Hotel but the location is not very close to downtown, so a car is essential.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Austin, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2009

The hotel is connected to the convention center, so if you're going to an event at the center, this would be the place to stay. The hotel was nice, but the indoor atrium area was very noisy at night. Great complimentary breakfast in the morning and drinks at night. However, I did get a lot of unexplained bug bites. I checked my bed for bedbugs, but didn't see any. Maybe I got the bites when I was out and about, but I first noticed them when I awoke after the first night at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2009

This hotel was in a great location. Breakfast and manager's cocktail hour were great. Rooms were very clean, comfortable, and modern. Staff was very friendly.

Disliked that there was charge of $10 for 24 hours of internet access. There was a business center, but it only had 2 PCs and their PCs were very SLOW. Also, pool was small and ALWAYS crowded.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Kingsland, Ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2009

This hotel is beautiful. Very friendly staff and spacious suites. The suites were very clean and the beds, well lets just say it was hard to get up for breakfast, but it was worth it. Nice buffet. I heard the omelettes were good but the line was too long. It is close to the outlet mall and other places to dine. I would stay again when I visit Charleston. This place is one of the best!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2009

This hotels offers a clean, friendly, and safe experience. The location is great for getting into Charleston and surrounding sights. An added bonus is the above average free breakfast and the managers whatever in the evening...free drinks! Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Charleston
Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Air...
#5 of 58 in North Charleston
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Charleston - Convention Center
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North...
#2 of 58 in North Charleston
Hyatt Place Charleston Airport and Convention Center
Hyatt Place Charleston Airport a...
#3 of 58 in North Charleston
Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston - Historic Charleston
Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center
Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport ...
#21 of 58 in North Charleston
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center
Holiday Inn Express and Suites C...
#1 of 58 in North Charleston

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention
Address: 5055 International Blvd, North Charleston, SC 29418-5963
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#15 Business Hotel in North Charleston
#20 Family Hotel in North Charleston
#21 Romantic Hotel in North Charleston
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Priceline, Cancelon and Travelocity so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Airport/ Hotel North Charleston