Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rodeway Inn(North Charleston)
1,334 results
All reviewsmade to order omeletsevening receptionomelet stationpretzelsconference centercorner roomperforming arts centercomplimentary breakfasta hilton honors memberoutlet mallbusiness tripexcellent stayfamily reunionstaff was friendlyindoor poolshuttle servicecharleston airport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Excellent place to stay if you are only looking for very large, nice suites and bellman in the morning was great superior customer service. But if you are looking for the other services of a normal Embassy Suites. This hotel service is HORRIBLE from the front desk to gift shop and even room service. This isn't typical service that I've experienced at other Embassy Suites. The gift shop attendant was reading a book while I was look for souvenirs and when I asked her a question she said "we have them somewhere over there and pointed". The room service attendant was rude and told me that the sliders were cheaper and better at one on the restaurants around the corner. And the front desk staff was just plain rude to me and my family and guest that came to visit. I want return!

Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank whytraveldotcom
EmbNChas, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thanks for your comments - they are appreciated. We're delighted you enjoyed our spacious two-room suites and our bell service team. But we are dismayed to read your additional feedback. Please accept our apology and know your comments - both good and bad - will be shared with all our team-members. It's our goal to EXCEED expectations and we are obviously disappointed when we do not do so. Cordially, Peter Steketee, GM.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

The staff was quite friendly and made a great impression, and the hotel generally was pleasant and well-run. The hot tub and pool, and pale ale at happy hour were nice touches.

However, our room had a pet "funk" to it. From the moment we arrived, it smelled vaguely of pet "pee pee." Housekeeping did a great job of cleaning our room on a daily basis, however the smell persisted.

This would mainly be the reason why I would give the hotel 3.5 stars, as everything else about the place was rather nice.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Robert H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2017

Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel is adjacent to the Convention Center and close to the airport. A huge outlet mall and several dining & shopping areas are very close by.
I was presenting at a training conference and my reservation was made by the person in charge of the training. Through a miscommunication, my reservation was made for one day too early. When I arrived to check in, I was told that my reservation was cancelled because I failed to arrive the day before. Initially, the clerk seemed sort of "put out" and didn't seem to care as I was trying to explain what had happened. She wasn't rude, but just sort of made me feel like she had "heard it all before". She got my reservation reinstated and things were fine from there.
Mike, the concierge / bellman, was very quick to help with my luggage. He was very polite and friendly, and called me by name each time he saw me throughout my 4-day stay. Impressive, given the amount of people he was dealing with each day. He had lots of suggestions for dining and even provided discount coupons for some restaurants.
The room was typical of the Embassy hotels. I had a corner suite, which I was told is slightly larger than the others. It had a living area with a TV, dining table and four chairs, a lounge chair, and a hide-a-bed. Across from the bathroom was a "wetbar-style" cabinet with sink, mini-fridge, and microwave. I just wish the people next door would have chosen not to let the door slam each and every time they went in or out.
The bedroom has a good size closet, desk, dresser & nightstands, and another TV.Bed was very comfortable. Phones are in the living room and bedroom. Wi-fi was included, but I'm not sure if this was beacuse I was there with a conference, or if it is standard.
These rooms are great for families or small groups. Breakfast is included each morning with a good selection and made-to-order omelets. A manager's reception is also included in the evenings (weekdays only, I think) with drinks and snacks. Lunch at the in-house restaurant was pretty good, but seemed slightly pricey...not too bad, though.
You will pay just a little more to stay here (as with most Embassy hotels). But when you figure in the cost of breakfast and the evening reception, it's a good deal for what you get. Room was very clean and comfortable. Overall, I had a great experience and would definitely suggest this hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are supposedly a tad bit larger.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
EmbNChas, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thanks for the feedback! We're delighted you enjoyed your visit. Mike will appreciate your recognition. Hope to serve you again soon. Cordially - Peter Steketee - GM.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed at hotel prior to cruising with a park/cruise package. Very close to airport, shopping and many chain restaurants. Rooms were large, clean and comfortable. Managers reception was staffed well without the long lines at some other embassy suites. Breakfast featured nice selection of food, excellent service. Only issue was noise from lobby on saturday night, but did not disturb unless in the living room. Plenty of parking available as well as free shuttle to port morning of cruise. Will stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
EmbNChas, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

We're delighted you enjoyed our cruise and snooze package! Thanks for your very nice comments - we hope you come and visit us again soon. Best regards - Peter Steketee, GM

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at this Embassy suites because was close to the airport and the Outlets. Nobody is willing to help, first I need it a cart for my luggage and the staff didn't know where they were, went at 855 Am for a coffee and all the machines were lock because breakfast was close and was not even 9AM. the only decent staff is the girl at the regular bar, she is from Michigan, sorry I forgot your name, that was very nice. Next time I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn next to this hotel or the Embassy in Downtown.

Room Tip: Cannot recommend one.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time to comment about your recent visit. We've shared your feedback with our team. Sorry we didn't exceed your expectations during your visit - that's always our goal. Please accept our apology. We hope you'll give us another opportunity the next time you visit Charleston. Best wishes/ Peter Steketee - GM.