“would give three and a half stars because of one thing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention

Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention
Ranked #16 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Austin, Texas
“would give three and a half stars because of one thing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The staff was quite friendly and made a great impression, and the hotel generally was pleasant and well-run. The hot tub and pool, and pale ale at happy hour were nice touches.

However, our room had a pet "funk" to it. From the moment we arrived, it smelled vaguely of pet "pee pee." Housekeeping did a great job of cleaning our room on a daily basis, however the smell persisted.

This would mainly be the reason why I would give the hotel 3.5 stars, as everything else about the place was rather nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Hot Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel is adjacent to the Convention Center and close to the airport. A huge outlet mall and several dining & shopping areas are very close by.
I was presenting at a training conference and my reservation was made by the person in charge of the training. Through a miscommunication, my reservation was made for one day too early. When I arrived to check in, I was told that my reservation was cancelled because I failed to arrive the day before. Initially, the clerk seemed sort of "put out" and didn't seem to care as I was trying to explain what had happened. She wasn't rude, but just sort of made me feel like she had "heard it all before". She got my reservation reinstated and things were fine from there.
Mike, the concierge / bellman, was very quick to help with my luggage. He was very polite and friendly, and called me by name each time he saw me throughout my 4-day stay. Impressive, given the amount of people he was dealing with each day. He had lots of suggestions for dining and even provided discount coupons for some restaurants.
The room was typical of the Embassy hotels. I had a corner suite, which I was told is slightly larger than the others. It had a living area with a TV, dining table and four chairs, a lounge chair, and a hide-a-bed. Across from the bathroom was a "wetbar-style" cabinet with sink, mini-fridge, and microwave. I just wish the people next door would have chosen not to let the door slam each and every time they went in or out.
The bedroom has a good size closet, desk, dresser & nightstands, and another TV.Bed was very comfortable. Phones are in the living room and bedroom. Wi-fi was included, but I'm not sure if this was beacuse I was there with a conference, or if it is standard.
These rooms are great for families or small groups. Breakfast is included each morning with a good selection and made-to-order omelets. A manager's reception is also included in the evenings (weekdays only, I think) with drinks and snacks. Lunch at the in-house restaurant was pretty good, but seemed slightly pricey...not too bad, though.
You will pay just a little more to stay here (as with most Embassy hotels). But when you figure in the cost of breakfast and the evening reception, it's a good deal for what you get. Room was very clean and comfortable. Overall, I had a great experience and would definitely suggest this hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are supposedly a tad bit larger.
    • 5 of 5 stars
EmbNChas, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thanks for the feedback! We're delighted you enjoyed your visit. Mike will appreciate your recognition. Hope to serve you again soon. Cordially - Peter Steketee - GM.
lexington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed at hotel prior to cruising with a park/cruise package. Very close to airport, shopping and many chain restaurants. Rooms were large, clean and comfortable. Managers reception was staffed well without the long lines at some other embassy suites. Breakfast featured nice selection of food, excellent service. Only issue was noise from lobby on saturday night, but did not disturb unless in the living room. Plenty of parking available as well as free shuttle to port morning of cruise. Will stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
EmbNChas, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
We're delighted you enjoyed our cruise and snooze package! Thanks for your very nice comments - we hope you come and visit us again soon. Best regards - Peter Steketee, GM
Pensacola, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at this Embassy suites because was close to the airport and the Outlets. Nobody is willing to help, first I need it a cart for my luggage and the staff didn't know where they were, went at 855 Am for a coffee and all the machines were lock because breakfast was close and was not even 9AM. the only decent staff is the girl at the regular bar, she is from Michigan, sorry I forgot your name, that was very nice. Next time I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn next to this hotel or the Embassy in Downtown.

Room Tip: Cannot recommend one.
    • 1 of 5 stars
Thanks for taking the time to comment about your recent visit. We've shared your feedback with our team. Sorry we didn't exceed your expectations during your visit - that's always our goal. Please accept our apology. We hope you'll give us another opportunity the next time you visit Charleston. Best wishes/ Peter Steketee - GM.
Rockville, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here 4 nights while attending a conference at the Convention Center next door. The hotel is actually connected to the CC by a skybridge; very convenient in foul weather.

My experience started with a speedy pickup at the airport. Since I arrived well before check-in, I wasn't surprised that no room was available immediately. I passed a couple of quick hours just socializing with friends in the atrium. By then, even though it was still several hours early, they had a nice, quiet room ready.

The atrium is a very warm locale. I noticed groups of people there at all hours during the week, and not necessarily just at the bar or during the free happy hour. The atrium is where you can start your day with an excellent cooked to order breakfast; big omelets with all sorts of fillings (egg beaters available!), breakfast meats, hot oatmeal and grits, hot cinnamon-spiced apples (loved them), juices and beverages galore, dry cereals, breads, muffins, undersized bagels, fruits, etc. The cook and the lady clearing tables were especially cheerful and really helped your day get off to a happy start.

The suites are spacious and quiet. I was on the eighth floor and heard no noise from the street below nor from the atrium. WiFi (which for our group was complimentary) worked well, mostly at a tolerable speed. Connectivity in the early evening was a bit slow (but not so bad you couldn't work), but that's when everyone was likely checking email.

I don't understand why there isn't moderate-priced public transportation from the convention center area to the historic Charleston downtown. However, the hotel runs a shuttle as requested, charging $7.50 each way. It's a 15-20 minute trip, and you are dropped off and picked up by the Customs House, right in the middle of everything. From there, walk as much as you want, or take the free circulator buses.

Besides the restaurant in the hotel (which I didn't try), the Tangier Outlet Mall area about a half mile away has all sorts of eating options. Most are chain restaurants, but we ate at a good Japanese steak house that was worth the walk.

Room Tip: High rooms (I was on the eighth floor) get you away from atrium and street noises.
    • 5 of 5 stars
THANKS! Our team loved you very kind comments - we appreciate your feedback. We are delighted you ranked us 5 stars in Service, Cleanliness, Rooms and Sleep Quality. And we do hope you'll come back and visit us in the near future. Best to you - Peter Steketee - GM.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

One Big reason for choosing this hotel is the omelett man. His service is outstanding and is worth it all. Embassy should build on his attitude while traning new staff members. Make him VP of human resources!

The hotel is ok and now have some years, and could consider a refresh. I have some 10 years experience of staying there, so I guess I should know. People at the reception need to be more friendly and could learn from the omelett man.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Bedford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed here while he was attending a conference in the adjoining convention center. We found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful, from check-in until we left. Our suite was very nice and clean. Although we found the bed some what too firm for us, we both were comfortable with their linens. They were well maintained and soft. The continential breakfast is superb. I have never been in a hotel with that quality and quanity of a "free breakfast". And then you have the free drink in the evening. Very nice. The elevators were prompt and rarely did we have to wait any lengh of time. IF we had been there in the summer I would have been disappointed in that there isn't an outdoor pool. I think my only complaint would be that you could hear all the noise in the lobby if you were sitting in the living room area of your suite. I would stay here again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Charleston
Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Air...
#4 of 59 in North Charleston
4.5 of 5 stars 705 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charleston Airport / Conv. Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charle...
#7 of 59 in North Charleston
4.5 of 5 stars 436 reviews
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center
Holiday Inn Express and Suites C...
#1 of 59 in North Charleston
4.5 of 5 stars 363 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Charleston - Convention Center
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North...
#12 of 59 in North Charleston
4.5 of 5 stars 129 reviews
Home2 Suites Charleston Airport / Convention Center
Home2 Suites Charleston Airport ...
#10 of 59 in North Charleston
4.5 of 5 stars 658 reviews
Hyatt Place Charleston Airport and Convention Center
Hyatt Place Charleston Airport a...
#2 of 59 in North Charleston
4.5 of 5 stars 426 reviews

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention
Address: 5055 International Blvd, North Charleston, SC 29418-5963
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#15 Business Hotel in North Charleston
#20 Family Hotel in North Charleston
#21 Romantic Hotel in North Charleston
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Odigeo, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Airport/ Hotel North Charleston