“Nice and Convenient”

La Quinta Inn Charleston North
Ranked #49 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed June 20, 2009

Booked online while on the road.Check in was very quick and easy.The room was great-nice and quiet for being right by the interstate! The pool was great with a great water temp.And great shopping near by. About 10 minutes from downtown, 20 minutes from Isle of Palms, and about 30 from Folly Beach.Check out this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed June 9, 2009

this was one of our most horrible nights at a motel- we had planned to stay two nights but after a sleepless night in this noisy place ( next to the highway and very clos to a big air conditioning machine outside a company next to the motel, we left after one night.Complimentary breakfast did not offer all the items that had been listed and when I asked for a yoghurt, I was not welcome.
No business centre.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2009

We recently stayed at this hotel and had an excellent experience. The rooms are large and well maintained, they were clean and the breakfast is more than adequate. I would definitely stay again when I come back to the area.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2009

I am amazed that some people have given this hotel 5 stars. I did not choose this hotel, priceline did. I asked for a non smoking room and got a room that reeked of smoke. It had a non smoking sign on it, but there were cigarette burns all over everything, including INSIDE the refrigerator and the soap dish in the shower!!! The area was kind of creepy too. Didn't seem like a safe place. The 3 nights I was there, there was some sort of college get together. These kids were LOUD and rude. They woke me up every night. I do have to give credit to the security guard, he tried to keep them quiet. I would never stay here again. When I came back to Charleston to see my son graduate, I stayed at the Best Western Magnolia Inns and Suites in Ladson and I HIGHLY recommend it. You might be 20 minutes from downtown Charleston, but it is well worth it!!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank Lindajil
Reviewed October 23, 2008

We requested a week in advanced to have conjoining rooms with our friends whom we were meeting from another state. That did not happen. The first room we were given smelled like a combo of must and mildew. So we were given the only room left on the 4th floor. We had 2 very small children with us. After my 1-year-old walked on the floor for 15 minutes in her socks I picked her up to find the bottom of her socks completely BLACK. It was like the floor had never been cleaned EVER. We had to wear shoes the entire time while we were in the room. Seriously, it was like someone took a bucket of mud and spread it across the floor! II refused to let the children sit on the floor - which was not an easy task. We also turned on the heat in the middle of the night. The heat/air unit was so dusty that as soon the heat started to come out the smoke alarm went off (due to the heat burning the dust). Sorry to our neighbors who were woke up at 5:00 a.m. I was VERY stinky!

On a positive note, the bed was comfortable and the hotel included continental breakfast. If you are going to stay at this hotel check the floor and try the waffles at the breakfast bar.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank tripfan001
Reviewed October 12, 2008

This hotel is just horrible. Check-in was at 3pm, we showed up about an hour early. We got told that the room wasn't ready (fair enough; we are, after all, early. We came back after supper (let's say 6:30ish). Our room still wasn't ready, but the desk clerk set us up with another room. Great. Leaving aside the fact that it smelled of mold and wasn't at all clean, the crib we had requested wasn't in the room. I went to the front desk and inquired. The clerk apologized and said he would deal with it. An hour later, still no crib. My wife was litteraly walking up and down the parking lot (as there's nothing but highways around the hotel itself) in order to keep our little guy asleep. At 11pm, after bothering the front desk at least every half hour at that point, I gave up and requested more sheets and pillows to make a temporary bed. The desk clerk assured me that their guarantee would apply (where you get the room free if you're not completely satisfied) but that would have to be figured out with the manager. We had a horrible night, but what else could we do.

Morning came, we went to check out and asked for the manager. The story had dramatically changed by then. Even though the manager did tell us that the night clerk had left very descriptive notes about what had happened, she called us bad parents for putting a small child through this, and told us that noone forced us to stay there - we always had the option to leave. It took a lot of arguing, but ultimately she credited us the charges.

In short - Unless your only other option is to sleep in the back of your car on the side of the road (and even then) do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2008

I stayed at the laquinta riverview this past weekend and while the furnishings in the room were very nice that was the only good thing about this hotel. My reservations were completely messed up. We requested a room with fridge and micro and were told that because we booked so far in advance it would be done.. after spending 150 dollars at the grocery store we were told that somehow they didn't have a fridge or micro to put in any of our rooms ( we had several) we asked for a marina view and were told at check in that we had it but in reality all we had a view of was a sloped roof. many of the breakfast items were unavailable,, during our entire stay!!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)