“Decent for a one night stay near the airport”

La Quinta Inn Charleston North
Ranked #47 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed April 25, 2013

A group of 13 stayed here for one night after arriving into Charleston in the evening. The rooms were fine and it is located near a couple of restaurants which was convenient. The rooms were clean. It was a little crowded in the parking area with more spaced in the back. They could use a little larger space for breakfast. It was fine for a basic room for one night.

Room Tip: Stay on the upper level. Parking is available but you might not be able to park right by your room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This particular La Quinta did not provide us with the rooms we reserved. The smoke penetrated room made my wife wheeze and made her asthma return. They could not or would not change our rooms. We had to leave. Our stay at the Savannah La Quinta was most pleasant. James The manager was most helpful and helped us have a very enjoyable stay in Savannah. The Charleston La Quinta could copy the treatment we received in Savannah.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roberto R
Reviewed April 19, 2013

La Quinta is a fine hotel if you're looking for a clean, professional place to lay your head. No big frills, but the service is friendly and the hotel is always clean and presentable. We love seeking out La Quinta's when we travel with our dog because La Quinta is THE friendliest of "pet-friendly" hotels there is. Not only do they NOT charge extra for your pet, they also provided us upon check-in with a brochure that pointed out pet-friendly parks in the city and restaurants that would accept your dog.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This was a spontaneous stop for us since we were traveling and hit a lot of traffic on rt 95. We were scheduled to get to Myrtle Beach La Quinta but realized we weren't going to make there by night fall so we called Bonnie at the Hotel to cancel and see if she knew of another hotel closer to where we were. She was such a doll and called us back with in 5 min to let us know of 2 La Quinta in Charleston with the # and all. In my opinion she went above the call of duty and we will stay by her in myrtle beach on our next journey :-)
As far as the hotel goes, it seemed a little dreary from the outside and the front entrance was not clearly marked, although the room, beds & breakfast were great. Plus it is pet friendly with know extra cost!

1  Thank casciocrew
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at La Quinta. The beds were especially comfortable. The room was small but adequate. The front desk staff were very kind and helpful during our two day stay. They were very clear with directions. We travel with animals and this was handled simply and easily. We had a first floor room which made easy access to walking them. We were able to walk to the restaurant next door. It had a special Sunday brunch, although food was available in the lobby. The room was small and did not have either a fridge or a microwave. The location made getting to different parts of Charleston very easy to do. I could not find the weather channel. I really like this when on the road.
We have stayed here before and plan to do so again.

Room Tip: The rooms to the back are better for travelers with pets. The rooms closer to the center are nearer...
1  Thank Jan B
Reviewed April 10, 2013

When we travel we often stay at LaQuinta Inns. We try to find the newer or recently remodled locations and find them a great place to stay. Always clean, comfortable and in good locations. In this case this LaQuinta was only 8 miles from where we needed to go the next day. Due to the price we expected this location was a newer or recently remolded location. It was not! It was VERY old and everything in it was very old. The staff was very friendly and check in was quick and easy. But we were given only one towel each and only one small bar of soap and only one small bottle of shampoo. No hair conditioner, no hand/body lotion and you may disagree with me but I find one towel each being cheated. I failed to count the towels until after I changed into my nightwear and did not wish to dress again to go get more towels. Also, because the room was SO old, we had to unplug the clock and a lamp to plug in our cell phones and tablets. Newer hotels/motels are supplying more electrical for these items.

We were in an accessible room, as my husband is handicapped, and there was a handicapped parking space right in front of our door which was very helpful. When we returned from dinner there was a Taxi parked in that handicapped parking space. There was no one in the Taxi and the cab did not have a handicapped permit of any kind. As there were no other parking spaces anywhere on that side of the motel, at all. I went to the office if they knew who the cab driver was, and what room he might be in. They did but did not want to ask him to move his vehicle. I suggested that it was illegal to park in a handicapped space without a permit, they said they knew but did not want to call him. I suggested I double park behind him and started to leave. THEN they thought they might call him, they did and he moved his cab, I thanked him and he was very nice about it. I told him I would not have bothered him except my husband was handicapped. He said it was no problem and off we both went.

As I said the room was adequate, but barely. It did not meet our expectations and we would NOT stay there again.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, outside entrances only with exterior stairs. I would recommend asking for a...
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Desk clerks were not very hospitable (not my normal experience in many other hotels over the years). Check in for reservation was terrible, waited 29 minutes behind ONE customer. From the desk clerk - no welcome, no sorry for the wait, no acknowledgement at all. We actually called another hotel while waiting (no vacancy!).
Key cards data wiped three days in a row, which can happen if you're not careful to keep away from cell phone. BUT, the problem was the attitude of the other desk clerk, who said the same thing every time, even when the cards were kept in purse and cell phones in jeans pocket! If they were any further apart, one person would have had to carry all the keys and another person all the phones!
On the other hand, beds were extremely comfortable, room was fine, comfortable, roomy enough, and clean. Near restaurants. Great shower water pressure. Complimentary breakfast was sufficient, very good coffee.
I would not stay in this hotel again.