“GREAT STAFF AND VALUE!”

Ranked #50 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Savannah, Georgia
“GREAT STAFF AND VALUE!”
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We enjoyed a great stay. The newly renovated rooms are nice but the staff really made it memorable. We will be back!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank jcothethird

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Orlando
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I like this chain of hotels and I was looking for a reasonably priced hotel for a two day visit to Charleston. While this hotel is about 12 miles from downtown it is a direct ride on interstate 26 so it was a relatively quick and easy ride. The downtown hotels are very pricey so if you don't mind a short ride out of town this is a great way to save money.
This hotel is pretty old and nearly swallowed up by the interchange but it has been very well kept. Parking is tight becuase both nights we stayed it was sold out but we managed. We were given a room over the pool that had just been completely renovated. It was a nice room. Our inroom wireless internet didn't work and it turns out it was a problem only affecting a few rooms on that particular wireless hub so it wasn't a wide spread problem. There was free wireless in the pleasant and clean lobby. Once the desk manager was aware of out problem he was very helpful and friendly and our problem was resolved beyond our expectations.
The front desk staff was very freindly and helpful. The lobby and free breakfast was nice. It was pretty much the same as other properties in this chain. I like the waffle makers.
As I said earlier the hotel was sold out completely and even with a full house the room was quiet.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank Rogerbeep
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed April 11, 2011

This was only my second stay at a La Quinta. My first was in Fort Myers, Florida. The check in was mercifully quick as I had spent nearly nine hours on the road. Very efficient and polite. The room was very clean. The rug looked nearly new and the bathroom was spotless. La Quinta seems to pay attention too the details. On the left as you enter the room is a lighted switch which keeps you from guessing on how to turn on the lights.The beds had white on white sheets, which added a little to the overall appearance. There was a blanket made up into the bed so I didn't have to dig through drawers, as I like to sleep warm. An abundance of pillows. Coffee pot, with complete service,a full size ironing board and iron,plastic glasses for drinking. La Quinta seems to have a contract with LodgeNet for their TV service. The service is almost as bad as you can get at home. Four stations were unwatchable. Three because the channels were too dark and one because there was so much electronic noise (Fox), you couldn't hear anything. I had the same issue in Ft. Myers, and after seeing the lousy cable here, I didn't even mention it to the front desk as I suspect there is little they could do. If TV is really important to you in the evenings, you're going to be disappointed. All though the channels that came in fine, were good. I would have gave the room 5 stars except for this and a small German roach problem. The place needs to be sprayed. I live in S. Florida, so roaches are not unusual, but it was a little disconcerting to see them crawl across the TV screen. Room to room noise was minimal. Like water running through the pipes when your neighbor showers. Road noise only crept in once in a while and I believe I was at the busiest intersection of I-26 and Ashely Phosphate Road in North Charleston. One greatly appreciated but little noticed are the kick boards under the bed. Those are the boards that protect your toes from the legs on the frame so you don't bust your toes while moving about in the dark. A really bad stubbed toe could ruin your vacation and the idea is quite welcome. For the money, this place is hard to beat. Although a little ways (about 8 miles) outside of town, the rates are good. The place is surrounded by dining, from Hardees to IHop and Cracker Barrel. And they offer a breakfast that is quite good. Everything from cereal to biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, etc. Check the times and get there early as it is quite popular. If you are trying to save money while traveling, look here. Nice place and great service.

Room Tip: The rates vary. Book as early as possible.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank sea2005
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 10, 2011

I was on business in Charleston and had to bring my foster dog with me. I looked and there was no hotels within my budget that would allow pets so I stayed here. Most of the LaQuintas I have stayed in have been average. This location I feel was poor.

First of all the outside of the hotel is not lit and there is nowhere to walk your dog for it to use the bathroom. I had to walk to the unlit ECPI property to take him to use the restroom.

All of the rooms are outside rooms. I found out from the cleaning lady that the locksmith was to be coming sometime soon because they were having problems with the locks. The door did have problems shutting, so I'm glad I did have a dog with me for protection. The keys are the old punch style keys...

The room was fairly clean, but there was a crusty white stain on the floor.

The hotel is right off of the interstate so it was very loud the whole night.

I guess you get what you pay for, but I don't think that I will be staying here again unless push comes to shove and I have to bring a dog with me.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Positives:
The room was clean and comfortable. The closet in the room was exceptionally helpful in storing items. The hotel staff are pleasant and extremely polite. This hotel is only suitable for a short stay visit.

Negatives:
The hotel was slightly disappointing. There is not enough parking spaces. Many cars were double parked. The breakfast is insufficient. Very few items available. The hotel overall was satisfactory.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I want to start out saying if you are used to the Hilton or Marriott and don't want anything less, don't stay here. The rooms were clean, but we did run into having a smokeless room that reeked of smoke. We called the front desk and were immediately relocated to a room that smelled better.

The room was quiet (but this can depend highly on the other occupants) and clean. Water was warm, TV functional, WiFi free, friendly front desk staff, and beds comfortable. Also, there is a Ruby Tuesday in their parking lot - great for a late-evening snack or drink (what you actually think of Ruby Tuesday is up to you). Also, the hotel is close to the airport - about 5-10 minute drive. However, it's not super close to downtown Charleston, so don't stay here if you're looking for somewhere within walking distance.

I recommend this hotel, but again, if you're expecting a high-end hotel, this isn't it. It's provides a comfortable clean hotel to crash in. Didn't enjoy free breakfast so cannot comment on it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank SarahP1977_Honolulu
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed September 4, 2010

My mother and I booked this hotel so we could get some house hunting done before returning to our home in PA and everything seemed alright except for the fact that their service is TERRIBLE.

The first night was okay, the furniture felt really flimsy and the room next to us had a baby that cried all night, but the kick was the next night, a trucker had parked in the parking lot and it was a refrigerated truck that started up and ran for an hour and then after 20 minutes started up again.

We called and complained to the manager who told us they'd go speak with the trucker about the noise. We still heard the truck starting and running in it's normal cycle and called once again, the night manager told us that the truck couldn't be moved (or the driver refused, which has always been my thought ) and told us to 'work with it', my mother and I finally got tired of 'working with it' and told them we'd like another hotel for the night. After about 30 minutes of dealing with the unprofessional staff we were given a room at a neighboring hotel for free.

My recommendation; Avoid this hotel, go find another one with better staff.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business