“Rather stay at quality inn next door”

Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport
Ranked #35 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Lots of drama and crime stayed for 3 weeks cops were there every other day swat team kicking doors in staff was pleasant but didn't know what they were doing Raye changed every other day night staff was rude and the manager was a piece of work I'd stay elsewhere not worth the price you pay you aren't safe here

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank paulaG43
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Checked in for a weekend stay. Was given a room we did not book. We booked a queen and front desk insisted I booked a double bed room. Room was dirty. Carpet not cleaned. Food on floor. Sticky spots on floor. Old food left in refrigerator. No clock. Microwave had turned red inside from spilled over tomato sauce which had splattered onto side of refrigerator. I understand that sometimes staff cleans in a hurry so I let some of it go and cleaned myself. That was until my teenage son comes out of the bathroom and asks "What kind of hotel doesn't give you shampoo but gives you DOUCHE?" I found douche packages a long with a rubber applicator tip in bathroom as well as dried BLOOD on shower curtain and bathroom cabinets. That was enough. The staff at front desk was as appalled as I was. They apologized. The credited us one night's stay and the manager himself cleaned the room for us. When we went back it was unrecognizable. Spotlessly clean. The staff (most) of the staff gets A for effort. Not sure who was supposed to clean our room before we checked in but they get an F. Great location as well. Easy QUICK walk to outlets.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rindyross
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the condition of the room at check in is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I have reviewed your comments with the staff here at the hotel and I am personally re-training them on the items that I saw were missed when I came back to re-clean your room.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at nct@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Again, Thank You.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Sharia at the front desk was amazing! She smiled the whole time and helped with anything we asked. The whole staff was accommodating and the hotel was clean and safe! Having the fridge/microwave/stove in the room was great since we have kids. Great stay and a great value and we will definitely repeat it!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We recently stayed in one bedroom suite @ this location. We were pleasantly surprised by spaciousness of the room, comfort, fully stocked kitchen (dishes, pots, pans, etc.), full size refrigerator, (2) TV's, (2) telephones, nice breakfast bar, virtually thick, sound proof walls. Pool depth 3>4 ft. (max). Didn't have to worry about (5) (local) grand kids in water too deep. Hotel also had (2) nice barbeque's in common area.

Hotel staff was very friendly & accomodating. Hotel was literally across the road from Tangier Out Mall. We will definately stay @ this hotel again. Well done :)

Room Tip: We stayed on bottom floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Chris - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice things about the hotel and our location. As the hotel manager, I am very lucky to have such a well-trained hospitable staff. We truly appreciate your comments regarding the location, room size, and amenities. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to the Charleston area.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I'm have been on the road for over a year and moving from one hotel and Extended Stays and this by far was awesome. Great Location shopping and eating in one central locations the best. The swimming pool and patio design really work well. I also thought that the rocking chairs out in front of the establishment was a taste of southern home hospitality . Only 15 minutes away from the both beaches location location is truly everything in the hotel business. The staff was remarkable, very attentive and met all of our needs and concerns.

• Stayed: August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Earl - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. The staff and I were glad to read that you were pleased with your accommodations while staying with us. We are so glad that you liked our hotel's location, the onsite pool and the service our staff provided.

Once more, thank you for taking the time to post your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was traveling to Charleston with my family for a wedding. The hotel was okay. Seems to have been updated and we were pleased with the accommodations. The hotel is located walking distance to the outlets & Coliseum (neither of which we went to, but nevertheless they were there).. The stay almost started off wrong because when we arrived on Saturday, the front desk clerk although very polite she said they were booked and did not have our reservations... After some searching she saw that our reservation was for Sunday. I called the hotel directly to make reservations a few days prior to arriving on Saturday. I am not sure what magic she worked out, but we were glad she made whatever arrangements she did so that we could have a room there. I was traveling with my 2 yr old & my husband. It was past lunch time and getting close to nap time for my child. So we were extremely glad to get a room and enjoyed our trip to Charleston.

There's not a lot to choose from as far as restaurants located near the hotel except for your normal restaurant chains. I would consider staying at the hotel again, next time I will make sure to get a confirmation emailed to me when booking my reservation.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

hotel is a nice the hotel it's simple and laid back. The grab n go breakfast isn't much so be prepared to cook in your room which has two burners. The pool is very small but the rooms are spacious and the windows open. Overall it's nice and the location is great!

• Stayed: July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for your recent survey response. I am so glad that you liked your room and the kitchen which is included. As well, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the pool we have onsite and our location.

Thank you again for your kind comments. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to Charleston.