“Great for the price!”

Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport
Ranked #36 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
“Great for the price!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The staff & the hotel was very nice. My husband & I also loved the locate it's closed to everything. The price was awesome with a full kitchen I felt like I was at home. I would stay there again!!! I kids also enjoyed it...

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post this review. On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to thank you for writing such nice things about the hotel and our entire team that works here. As the hotel manager, I am very lucky to have such a well-trained, hospitable staff. I am glad to hear that your kids had a great stay as well.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We all hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back here to the Charleston area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Belton, South Carolina
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times and it is always clean, comfortable with a very friendly staff that is very accomodating to our needs. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. Pets are welcome as well!

Room Tip: I always choose the 1 bedroom suite. They are large, well equipped and very comfortable. First floor...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice things about the hotel and the staff that works here. As the hotel manager, I am very lucky to have such a well-trained hospitable staff. We truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel especially the positive comments about the Suite’s.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. As a repeat guest, I am sure we will see you again, should your travels bring you back to the Charleston area.
Cle Elum, Washington
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This property is a good value for what it offers. The space is more than adequate with a kitchen. The Grab and Go breakfast needs to be a little bigger. We won't stay there again only because of the queen beds; we prefer king. And the bed side lamps need to be exchanged for ones that include outlets to recharge phones. But the staff was extremely helpful and professional, and their coffee was the best I've ever had at a hotel--good job!

Room Tip: Avoid the smoking section at all costs!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your accommodations while staying with us. We also appreciate the nice comments about the coffee. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Turbeville SC
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We've been going 4yrs now and still ALWAYS find it clean, staff extremely helpful and the to - go breakfast on the way out a great feature. The TV's have been updated, the inside newly painted and the outside always looks well manicured. We've never had a complaint regarding our stay. We've never found dirt, bugs, and always plenty of linens in our room. In room coffee is nice too cause there's a Duncan Donuts around the corner and coffee & donuts at night is a good change. I truly recommend this hotel highly cause we've NEVER had a complaint in the 4yrs we've been going. Well secured building and well lit area. Love the kitchen so we can bring things back and warm them and we use a lot of ice that's always there. Can't understand why others are complaining. It's more than we need and the staff is wonderful if you have a problem. We do recommend it highly. They've now added room service if you don't want to go out. It's a little pricey but great if you want to stay in/but there are numerous places to eat in the area! !

Room Tip: We've stayed in a different room every time and they're all the same. They overlook differe...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice things about the hotel as well as the staff that works here. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel, especially the kitchen area.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Was disappointed with the overall quality of the room. Little details that have not been addressed. Dish bowls were dirty. Room smelled like smoking. But, we only needed an overnight stay and it was close to the tanger outlets and restaurants. Will probably choose a different hotel for my next stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed being so close to the Tanger Outlets and many restaurants when staying with us; however, I am saddened that you found items within your room to be unclean. In response to this feedback, I have spoken with our housekeeping staff, reviewing our cleaning policies and company standards.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at nct@extendedstay.com (or) by phone at the main number (843)-740-3440. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The Extended Stay America (also listed as Homestead Studio Suites) is the best deal going if you simply need a clean place to sleep without the "bells and whistles".

Being a diehard "Hiltoner", and after my experience at the Fairfield Inn and Suites (Charleston Airport), I was somewhat reluctant to branch out again. However, since I was traveling without my family, I decided to cut corners. It was a great decision. The hotel is a bit dated and the carpet (in the hallway is worn) which would initially give a bad impression. However, the room was very clean (I asked to see it first). The bed was very comfortable.

My negative experience included the guests above my room (like at the Fairfield Inn). They were very loud, awake and moving around until the wee hours. The room was positioned slightly around the corner from the elevator and snack machine (thumbs down) on the first floor. The guests, down the hall, were also very loud (at 1:00am). Because the hotel does not have staff on the desk after 11:00am, there was no one to complain to. Somehow, the comfy mattress eventually lulled me into a deep sleep......until, I heard a guest wailing in the hallway (apparently a spousal spat). So, of course I am most upset. By now it's 7:00am and I have had about 3 hours of sleep and proceeded to go to the front desk and state my complaints to the very nice desk representative, Saria. She was aware of the spat, and apologized for the noises (especially after she promised a quiet nights sleep). She did not offer to discount my stay (not a big deal because of the cost) but did upgrade me to a larger suite on a higher level. What a difference location makes.

Like the first room, it was very clean (but not so dated), much brighter and more spacious. After inquiring about the price, I was told that particular suite was only 10.00 more than the 69.00 that I paid for the smaller suite. The lesson, ask to see one of each room type and prices before checking in.

I will stay there again because the staff is super friendly and the rooms are clean and inexpensive. I would not stay there with my family as they too love the Hilton brand and are not so easily swayed to try other brands. The hotel does not offer a breakfast, only coffee, fruit and breakfast bars from 6am-9am, which does not really matter since the rooms have ranges, pots, pans, dishes, etc.......One can make their own breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the 2nd or 3rd floor facing the outlets.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Tcra88
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband is working long term in Charleston and has been staying here. I went with him last week for the week. Our room was clean and all was in order. It was quiet. Actually for as close as it is to the interstate the way it is located you do not hear the interstate noise. The staff was very good, friendly and helpful in every way. They have a very light breakfast but it is mainly a long term facility with kitchens in every room. They also have a gas grill outside their breakfast room in the atrium. I noticed groups cooking steaks two different evenings. It is great value for your dollar. Oh and the ducks from a nearby pond love the landscaping. They come eat it every evening and are fun to watch.

Room Tip: We were on the 1st floor on the left side away from all streets. That is probably the quietest sect...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business