“Great Stay for a Great Price”

Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport
Ranked #35 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Middlesex, North Carolina, United States
“Great Stay for a Great Price”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Outstanding customer service from the staff. More than what I expected for the price. Clean rooms, great breakfast and outstanding service from the front desk, to maintenance to the cleaning staff. You have a new repeat customer......

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
cripley, Owner at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area feel free to contact me @ chabbick@extendedstay.com. Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We booked for four nights. We were traveling with another couple and asked to be next door to each other. Our rooms were down the hall. Their door looked like it had been kicked in so then they ended up on another floor. The smell in the room and the carpets were gross. I went out and bought flip flops and air spray. We were told because it was "extended stay" that the rooms were only cleaned once a week and we had to bring our towels down to the desk in exchange for clean ones. While laying in bed we saw a huge roach crawl up the wall (palmetto bugs we were told) Our traveling companions also saw a roach in their room. The continental breakfast consisted of 6 bagels and 4 english muffins and coffee. To their credit, they were apologetic and quick to give us a full refund.

Room Tip: Don't even stay there!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your recent visit. I am disapointed in your experience as we do have programs in place to prevent both insects and dirty carpets in the rooms. In response to your feedback, I am reviewing our current procedures to ensure that this does not happen again. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at chabbick@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times to vist our oldest son at college it is very convienent to the beaches 20 min to IOP 20 min to down town and 20 min to follie very good local for shopping as well

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
cripley, Owner at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed the convenient access to the beach and to local shops. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed July 17, 2012

First I was given a room that already occupied. It is very akward walking into a room with a man already staying in it. Next, they gave me a room between the elevator and the cleaning room. It was very loud and annoying. The trash was not taken out from the previous occupants and the room smelled very musty. Also, the carpet was gross and left your feet very sticky. Overall a terrible experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
cripley, Owner at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that this hotel did not meet your expectations. I am visitnig this week to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate comments. I hope that you will contact me directly, at cripley@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Reviewed July 8, 2012

If you just need a place to lay your head. I would not recommend. Nothing ran across my feet, but I fully expected something to. 1980's suite quality. Someone fried fish on our hall. No room service, take your own towels to the front desk. The thinnest mattresses I ever slept on. Not very homey at the homestead suites. Won't be back, ever!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here, unless everything else is booked.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank martha220
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Despite being next to the airport, it was quiet and I was never awakened by over flights (I satyed there a month- May 2012). The hallways were kept clean and the room was clean (including the kitchen, utensils,floors,beds,carpet, bathroom). It is very convenient to Boeing (I'm a contractor there). Also, it's right next to Walmart Supercenter so grocery shopping is a snap. It's also next to the Tangers outlet mall. (I'm not a shopper...but for those that do it's very convenient). There are also plenty of eateries within a block.

The only drawback..the pool is only 3' deep and not very big. It's for kids I guess. Also, the excersise room is somewhat antiquated (stair stepper, treadmill and bike...that's it)

Room Tip: I was on the third floor, South end. I had zero problems with noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Dennis H
Turbeville SC
Reviewed April 9, 2012

My husband had a transplant 3yrs ago and we spent a wk at this Hotel suite. We've returned to the same hotel for 3yrs and always know exactly what we're getting. The suites have kitchenettes w/everything you'll need, complimentary coffee in rooms, complimentary continental breakfast each AM in the lobby dining area, clean rooms and no surprises. The front desk staff has always been extremely courteous and helpful. This is an extended stay hotel but give us just as great service if we only stay overnight as if we'd spent the whole week. Laundry room on the 1st floor too if you need it. Tanger Outlet is across the street, WalMart up the street and many eating places in the area. We ate at a Golden Corral that was fabulous! We'd recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple