“taking last son to college”

Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport
Ranked #35 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times to vist our oldest son at college it is very convienent to the beaches 20 min to IOP 20 min to down town and 20 min to follie very good local for shopping as well

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
cripley, Owner at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed the convenient access to the beach and to local shops. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport

Reviewed July 17, 2012

First I was given a room that already occupied. It is very akward walking into a room with a man already staying in it. Next, they gave me a room between the elevator and the cleaning room. It was very loud and annoying. The trash was not taken out from the previous occupants and the room smelled very musty. Also, the carpet was gross and left your feet very sticky. Overall a terrible experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
cripley, Owner at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that this hotel did not meet your expectations. I am visitnig this week to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate comments. I hope that you will contact me directly, at cripley@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

If you just need a place to lay your head. I would not recommend. Nothing ran across my feet, but I fully expected something to. 1980's suite quality. Someone fried fish on our hall. No room service, take your own towels to the front desk. The thinnest mattresses I ever slept on. Not very homey at the homestead suites. Won't be back, ever!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here, unless everything else is booked.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank martha220
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Despite being next to the airport, it was quiet and I was never awakened by over flights (I satyed there a month- May 2012). The hallways were kept clean and the room was clean (including the kitchen, utensils,floors,beds,carpet, bathroom). It is very convenient to Boeing (I'm a contractor there). Also, it's right next to Walmart Supercenter so grocery shopping is a snap. It's also next to the Tangers outlet mall. (I'm not a shopper...but for those that do it's very convenient). There are also plenty of eateries within a block.

The only drawback..the pool is only 3' deep and not very big. It's for kids I guess. Also, the excersise room is somewhat antiquated (stair stepper, treadmill and bike...that's it)

Room Tip: I was on the third floor, South end. I had zero problems with noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Dennis H
Reviewed April 9, 2012

My husband had a transplant 3yrs ago and we spent a wk at this Hotel suite. We've returned to the same hotel for 3yrs and always know exactly what we're getting. The suites have kitchenettes w/everything you'll need, complimentary coffee in rooms, complimentary continental breakfast each AM in the lobby dining area, clean rooms and no surprises. The front desk staff has always been extremely courteous and helpful. This is an extended stay hotel but give us just as great service if we only stay overnight as if we'd spent the whole week. Laundry room on the 1st floor too if you need it. Tanger Outlet is across the street, WalMart up the street and many eating places in the area. We ate at a Golden Corral that was fabulous! We'd recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TurbevilleSC_BS
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Great Location. 2 sec from outlet mall, but there are far better Hotels on Arco Lane or surrounding area to choose from. Rooms are very small, bed was awful. Bathroom is even smaller. Was not worth the $$$. No house keeping, have to go to front desk for towels. Be sure you have your own soap and shampoo!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank S S
Reviewed May 27, 2011

My wife and I recently spent four nights at this facility. Since we did not realize the suite would include a separate bedroom from the sitting room and kitchen, that was a pleasant surprise. Another thing we did not know in advance was that the quoted rate did not include housekeeping (i.e., no daily room service). That, if we wanted it, was $10 extra per night. We declined, because the staff was happy to exchange fresh linens for dirty if we were willing to take used linens downstairs to the front desk. That worked out OK. Another surprise was the nearness of the facility to the airport--a situation, to be fair, that the desk clerk warned us about when we checked in. Happily, this did not prove a problem, since we did not hear any air traffic after dark. During the day and early evening, it was a different story. The landing pattern puts aircraft very close overhead. We were not there enough during the day that this really mattered. Another minor note: breakfast is only put out on weekdays. Since it was a modest breakfast in any case, this did not bother us. We had, after all, a kitchen in our suite and a nearby WalMart for groceries. As best as we could tell, this kind of facility (part of the ExtendedStay Hotels chain) draws a lot of its customers from temporary workers or other business people, because the parking lot was largely empty by 8 a.m. Whether this contributed to the relative quiet of the place at night, we can't say. We did experience one moment of concern when a guest just a few doors down from us left his two dogs in theroom while he went out--a really bad idea. I had to speak to the front desk about it. The dogs went crazy. Another minor incident occurred when several women decided to hold a birthday party in their suite for one of their children. We encountered the party crowd in the hall and elevator. Fortunately, their suite was not near ours so we weren't bothered by the party itself. On the subject of cleanliness, we did notice that the kitchen and bathroom floors had not been adequately cleaned, although it was primarily a matter of a sticky kitchen floor. Again, nothing to get too upset about. This facility, by virtue of its proximity to the Convention Center, is one of many hotels--all clustered around a big shopping mall. Finding the Homestead was a bit tricky the first time, partly because my Google map was out-of-date, forcing me to call the hotel for directions and consulting a AAA map. All that said, we found our stay at the Homestead to be both comfortable and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business