“extra ammenities!”

Residence Inn Charleston Airport
Ranked #24 of 60 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed October 13, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for two nights for free because we had points saved up from a previous stay at a marriot, hence I did not rate the value, because i'm not sure what the place would cost. However, we were quite satisfied with our stay. The hotel isn't close to the historic district, so you have to drive, but there were lots of shops within walking distance to the hotel. We went to the grocery store that was across the parking lot to stock up on food for our suite. There were also other chain stores like walmart, old navy, etc. located behind the grocery store. As for the actual hotel, the suite was fine. A little small for a suite, but nonetheless fine for our needs. They had a large flat screen tv, which looked pretty new and had a large variety of channels to choose from. The things we liked best about this hotel were the outdoor pool and hottub, the free breakfast AND the free dinner ( served mon-thur). The free dinner was well stocked with a white and red wine, beer and assorted sides and desserts. All for free!
In addition to this, we had a 9 month old with us and everyone was wonderful and quite accomodating, even providing a port-a-crib since we forgot ours.
I've stayed in 2 marriot hotels now and each time have been pleasantly surprised. Good customer service, good breakfast and if you go mid-week, good dinner!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed September 22, 2009

I can not say enough about my stay. After a long day at work I was able to come back and relax in my room. I had all of the comforts of home!! The only thing that I wish they had more of was TV channels. There were only 12 channels to choose from and most nights there wasn't anything on. I would not call this a show stopper though. I would reccommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Dawn W, General Manager at Residence Inn Charleston Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2010

Thank you for your wonderful comments and feedback! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 22, 2009

I stayed at the above referenced hotel during my business trip to Moncks Corner, SC. My co-worker and I arrived at the hotel on April 19, 2009, after midnight. Our flight was delayed and we were very tired. The check-in process was a bit dragging in comparison to what I am accustomed. A real ‘surprise’ awaited me in my room. When I got into the room I noticed that the carpet was stained and something smelled terribly. I looked around the room to see what was causing such a dreadful smell. After examining the kitchen area, I noticed that there was food left in the oven. When I opened the oven the smell hit me even harder. It was coming from a very large tray (one used for baking a turkey on Thanksgiving) three-quarters filled with some meat pasta dish, obviously going rotten. I called the front desk about the food asking if they could at least remove it. I waited about 15 minutes. Afterward, I received a phone call from the front desk staff asking me to get it out of the room myself and leave it outside the door! I was not offered to move to a different room and the smell remained horrendous! That is unacceptable! I should have left and demanded a different room but I guess the tiredness and fast approaching workday made me decide otherwise. I went on to examine the bed and bathroom. I noticed there were smudges of some sort on the doorframes (I can only hope it was sauce), which I wiped as I could not stand the site of it. I subsequently called the front desk to make sure this situation will be brought up to somebody’s attention. In the morning, I spoke to the front desk staff about what happened and she appeared to take some notes. She was very polite and apologetic. After that, I expected someone (a hotel manager) to at least call me back regarding the unpleasant arrival experience. I stayed at the hotel from Sunday until Friday of that week and no one called me back. Taking everything under consideration, I would expect a manager to at least apologize. No such thing happened!
Before staying at the Charleston Airport Residence Inn, I had never experienced such neglect with regards to room cleanliness and staff. I stayed at different hotels all over the country and internationally, and I have never had such an unpleasant incident. I have never been so disappointed with a hotel, especially a Marriott brand hotel, before. Moreover, my colleague mentioned he has seen a cockroach in the room.
I followed up with a formal compaint to Marriott and received a refund for one night stay - hardly any compansation on a $179 rate! I also got a bit of a delusional email from a manager who claimed he had met and spoke with me - I think I would remember after all I have witnessed at this hotel.
Breakfast - although great variety, the coffee was very weak and staff did not replenish it timely - the guests were always waiting for it.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2009

The Residence Inn helped to make out trip to Charleston very enjoyable. The hotel was was very clean and the rooms were a nice size. We stayed in the two bedroom with 4 children and two adults and had plenty of space. The beds were extremely comfortable and the breakfast was fresh and filling. We were able to sit in out near the pool and have breakfast...it was really nice. The hotel sits very close to the highway which made driving to and from the rest of Charleston very easy. The Tanger outlets, Walmart and a new Golden Corral are right around the corner. I would definitley stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2009

My family and I stayed July 24th wkend for a wedding and had a beautiful time at this Residence Inn. We were 100% pleased with our stay. The entire area appears to be new development (I think the area is less than 7 years old). The hotel is convenient to shopping (Tanger Outlet and a mall), dining and the freeway. The hotel exterior was clean and well manicured. The interior is so beautiful. I have stayed at dozens of RIs and the decoration at this RI is by far the most beautiful and well appointed I have ever seen. The staff (front desk, housekeeping and breakfast staff) was extremely courteous and went well beyond the call of duty to ensure we were comfortable. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The bathroom is tiny but all else overshadowed that. The beds are ultra comfortable. Flat screens would have been nice instead of the old style TVs but no biggie. The breakfast was wonderful, plentiful, hot and tasty (Grits, sausage, waffles, fruit, potatos, cereals, oatmeal, etc... very filling). The pool area was nice and clean too. The hot tub wasn't HOT. What good is a hot tub thats not hot?! All in All, we had a fabulous time at Residence Inn Charleston and I will definitely stay here again on my next visit. Oh yeah, the airport is less than 5 mins away straight shot. This hotel is a keeper!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I always wanted to stay at this hotel, it is beautiful outside and Marriott never disappoints. The hotel is beautiful inside and the breakfast was great. The suite as clean and neat and be bed was comfortable. However, it went down hill. My daughter and I had problems with the high speed internet, we both brought labtops and it was more like dialup. The connection kept fading in and out. She was doing a paper she need to e-mail to her professor by Saturday. It took a lot longer than necessary. That surprised me and it was that way the entire weekend. We had no hot water the entire stay, we thought if we let it run a while that would improve but no such luck. Maybe there was a problem on the 4th floor. The best we got was luke warm. Housekeeping cleaned our room and took all four face towels but only left two.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mswiggs
Reviewed October 21, 2008

This was an excellent location and hotel. Stayed there with my father and had a wonderful room with kitchen, sitting area, and double beds. Close drive to downtown Charleston and airport. Meals are free and offer a great selection of food and drinks. Room was clean, staff was excellent. Check out was a breeze.
Highly recommend this hotel to someone staying in Charleston. You do need to drive to the downtown area but, we did not experience any problems with parking or traffic downtown and we traveled in the summer.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family