“Good hotel for the price”

North Charleston Inn
Ranked #45 of 60 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This hotel could be a lot better than it is, but for the price it's fine. In our room was a flier for "room service" which was a place that delivered food, and when I called they were friendly and very quick. The courtyard pool was surprisingly nice for being a cheaper hotel. The hotel rooms are very outdated and could use some TLC and a thorough cleaning. The outside areas could use some additional cleaning as there were cigarette butts and small pieces of garbage that were obviously laying there a while. Again, for the price it's fine but just some extra detailed cleaning, updated bed coverings and curtains would really make this a very fine hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground floor that faces inside to the courtyard/pool area.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
NCIGM, General Manager at North Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank-you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our large pool an sun deck area. I appreciate your feedback on the room as well. We are in the process of re-carpeting all of the rooms as well as freshening up all the paint in the rooms. We hope you have a chance to visit us in the near future to see all of the renovations that are happening here.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I've found it to often be true around the country that non-chain hotels are where the traveling construction workers are housed. If you don't mind being hooted at by guys hanging over the rails at night (and I'm a 60 year old woman :) then this is the place for you! The grounds are lovely, the rooms fair, but the atmosphere just wasn't comfortable for myself, my sister and the couple we were traveling with.

Room Tip: From here on out I stick with the chains unless reviews on line are perfect!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank swens4him

Thank-you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I'm sorry that you felt uncomfortable around some of the other guests that were here during your stay. We always strive to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I am sorry you were "hooted" at by another hotel guest. Had you let us known, we would have been happy to relocate you to a room that you felt more comfortable with. I hope that you give us another chance as your experience is not at all indicative of the accommodations or service we strive to provide all of our guests.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

With a location right off the interstate, its easy to find and go to "old Charleston" about 15 minutes away. Fairly meager breakfast often depleted with a barage of construction workers or van load of travelers. Our room was clean though the carpet was deeply stained, bathroom very clean, towels were very small and threadbare. I'm not sure of the price as someone else was paying but it should be fairly low if I were to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank thebiglion
NCIGM, General Manager at North Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank-you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. We are currently in the process of placing new carpet in all of our rooms. We just had them all painted and the carpet was the next project in line. I am sorry to hear that you did not find everything you were looking for at our complimentary breakfast buffet. There is a pretty wide variety of items including assorted danishes, muffins, fresh fruit, 3 different cereals, assorted bagels and cream cheese, juice selection,freshly brewed coffee, toast, and made to order waffles. Our breakfast's do tend to be busy and we apologize if there was any item that I listed that was not available during your visit. We hope that you have a chance to visit us again and enjoy the new room upgrades that we have done.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This place is approximately 7 miles north of the city of Charleston. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the rooms are OK. The place is a little old and the smell of stale smoke permeates the premises. But for the money, the place is OK and I would recommend it to those who want to spend their dollars on fine dining, tours, and exploring the city.

Room Tip: Stay on the inside since it can be very noisy if you stay in one of the rooms on the outside.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank-you for taking the time write your review of our hotel. I am always pleased to hear from our return guests and that you enjoyed your stay once again. You can't beat the convenience of our location and we are glad you had a chance to take advantage of our great breakfast! We hope that we have the time to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

spent 2 days here again and this is a fine alternative to the high priced hotels around the block in north Charleston. a pleasant staff, clean rooms and a fine breakfast. what else is needed?? right off the highway and close to many cafe's and shopping

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank arthurl510
NCIGM, General Manager at North Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Thank-you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I am glad that you found all of the accomodations and amenities to your liking. We are very close to a lot of the attractions and restaurants as well as 10 minutes from downtown. We look forward to hosting you again in the very near future!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Our family rented three rooms on our way through town and we were disappointed by the lack of cleanliness. Our room had torn carpet, stained sheets, a mystery substance on the comforter, and a strange odor. Fortunately the gal at the front desk was extremely helpful and did find us another room. It was better, but not great. My brother-in-law did point out the extreme value. Apparently it is considerably cheaper than other hotels in the area. I probably would not choose to stay here again, but I am on the squeamish side.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KniteRiter
NCIGM, General Manager at North Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank-you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am sorry to hear that the 1st room that you checked into did not meet your expectations. I am glad that you brought it to our attention so that we could move you to another room. We are in the process of painting and putting new carpet in all of our rooms. The painting and carpet projects will be completed by the end of the month, I hope that you have a chance to stay with us again in the future and get to experience the upgrades to the rooms.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I arrived about 10am and the helpful front desk staff stored my luggage until I could check-in.

The staff were friendly and very efficient.

I sat and worked in the lobby area until my room was readied, hours early. Possibly to get me out of the lobby ;).

Once in, I was happy with the room, there was a fridge and microwave. Bed, pillows, shower and towels were all okay.

With restaurants all around, shopping centre not too far away and convenience stores nearby, there was no issue of going without food.

If you are heading out of town and want to be near the airport, this is a good location to stay.

Room Tip: Room 102 was clean, quiet and nice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank-you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I remember the day you checked in. We knew you had been vigorously traveling the last couple of weeks. We were happy to expedite getting your room ready early so you could get some well deserved rest. Management and the front desk staff enjoyed learning of your travel expeditions and were in no hurry to get you out of the lobby. We were all pretty amazed with how much you can experience with the amount of time that you have alloted yourself in each town you visit. We hope that your future travel plans involve Charletson again and that will be able to stay with us again and update us on your travel adventures.