“Good Place to Stay for the Economy Traveler”

North Charleston Inn
Ranked #45 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Corona, California
“Good Place to Stay for the Economy Traveler”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This place is approximately 7 miles north of the city of Charleston. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the rooms are OK. The place is a little old and the smell of stale smoke permeates the premises. But for the money, the place is OK and I would recommend it to those who want to spend their dollars on fine dining, tours, and exploring the city.

Room Tip: Stay on the inside since it can be very noisy if you stay in one of the rooms on the outside.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
NCIGM, General Manager at North Charleston Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank-you for taking the time write your review of our hotel. I am always pleased to hear from our return guests and that you enjoyed your stay once again. You can't beat the convenience of our location and we are glad you had a chance to take advantage of our great breakfast! We hope that we have the time to host you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Irmo, South Carolina
Reviewed June 4, 2013

spent 2 days here again and this is a fine alternative to the high priced hotels around the block in north Charleston. a pleasant staff, clean rooms and a fine breakfast. what else is needed?? right off the highway and close to many cafe's and shopping

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank arthur l
NCIGM, General Manager at North Charleston Inn, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank-you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I am glad that you found all of the accomodations and amenities to your liking. We are very close to a lot of the attractions and restaurants as well as 10 minutes from downtown. We look forward to hosting you again in the very near future!
Hickman, CA
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Our family rented three rooms on our way through town and we were disappointed by the lack of cleanliness. Our room had torn carpet, stained sheets, a mystery substance on the comforter, and a strange odor. Fortunately the gal at the front desk was extremely helpful and did find us another room. It was better, but not great. My brother-in-law did point out the extreme value. Apparently it is considerably cheaper than other hotels in the area. I probably would not choose to stay here again, but I am on the squeamish side.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KniteRiter
NCIGM, General Manager at North Charleston Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank-you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am sorry to hear that the 1st room that you checked into did not meet your expectations. I am glad that you brought it to our attention so that we could move you to another room. We are in the process of painting and putting new carpet in all of our rooms. The painting and carpet projects will be completed by the end of the month, I hope that you have a chance to stay with us again in the future and get to experience the upgrades to the rooms.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I arrived about 10am and the helpful front desk staff stored my luggage until I could check-in.

The staff were friendly and very efficient.

I sat and worked in the lobby area until my room was readied, hours early. Possibly to get me out of the lobby ;).

Once in, I was happy with the room, there was a fridge and microwave. Bed, pillows, shower and towels were all okay.

With restaurants all around, shopping centre not too far away and convenience stores nearby, there was no issue of going without food.

If you are heading out of town and want to be near the airport, this is a good location to stay.

Room Tip: Room 102 was clean, quiet and nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank-you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I remember the day you checked in. We knew you had been vigorously traveling the last couple of weeks. We were happy to expedite getting your room ready early so you could get some well deserved rest. Management and the front desk staff enjoyed learning of your travel expeditions and were in no hurry to get you out of the lobby. We were all pretty amazed with how much you can experience with the amount of time that you have alloted yourself in each town you visit. We hope that your future travel plans involve Charletson again and that will be able to stay with us again and update us on your travel adventures.
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My family and I had traveled from Orangeburg, SC to be with my mother at MUSC. She was not in good condition and we had all been running on no sleep or food. When the hospital waiting room became to crowded to sleep we decided to get a room. When my father and I arrived we were greeted by Miss Ann who was wonderful. Even though she was having technical problems she remained positive and polite and quickly got us settled in. SHe even gave us a discount on our room and extra necessities. We had a good nite sleep and will definitely stay again when we are in the area. Thanks again Miss Ann! God bless you.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Ashleyb4291
Thank-you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a chance to interact with our friendly staff. I will pass along your comments to the staff and especially Ann. I hope your mother is feeling better and we look forward to having you stay with us again, hopefully a relaxing leisure trip next time!
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I have been working in charleston and staying as affordable as possible. This place is the crowne plaza compared to anything else in the price range! Great service from Ann at the front and smiles from all staff. As long as you're not expecting a $300 room you will be presently surprised. Clean and affordable. I will be staying here for the remainder of my stay in Charleston.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank toby c
Thank-you for taking the time to write your revie of our Hotel. I am glad you found the accomodations and amenities to your liking. We are also happy to hear that you found us to be good value. I will make sure to pass along your kind words to Ann. She is becoming a local celebrity with multiple kind comments like yours! In all seriousness, she truly enjoys getting to know all of our guests and wants to make them feel at home. We hope to able to host you again on your next trip to Charleston.
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The attendant, Ann at the front desk was great. She was so helpful, pleasant to speak with. She check on me during my stay to make sure I was comfortable and if I need anything. :) Each day I was met with a smile from her and chad at the front door. I do recommend this hotel to others.

Thanks Ann!

Room Tip: Always choose non-smoking.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kristin R
Thank-you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you had a chance to talk with and get to know Ann a little bit. She truly enjoys taking care of all of our guests and making sure their stay is as comfotable as possible. I will make sure to pass along your comments to her. I am sure she will remember you and smile when she knows that you commented on her world class hospitality. We hope you can visit us again soon!