“Most Plesant Vacation definitely will be back”

North Charleston Inn
Ranked #43 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Enjoyed our stay from 9/3/11 thru 9/8/11 we were helped very much by Keaha, at front desk first night she set us up with a tour that was wonderful and made arrangements to change our room to a king size non smoking Yolanda at front desk was very friendly and smiling everyday, Miss Deb in housekeeping kept our room oh so nice, cool and clean. Loved the pool it was great. We enjoyed the easy off access and back on again to interstate 26 truly a blessed vacation.

Room Tip: even if you are tired and just want a bed tell them what size you need
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
NCIGM, General Manager at North Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

I would like to thank you for staying with us here at the North Charleston Inn, and taking the time to offer your kind words about my team and the level of service that they provided to you. Your review is on our wall of fame and we have recognized and rewarded Keyatah, Yolanda, and Deb for their individual efforts.

Please stop in and see us again when your travels bring you through the Charleston area

Best regards

There are newer reviews for North Charleston Inn

Reviewed August 25, 2011

We had a terrific stay at North Charleston Inn. It's a great location with easy access to the interstate, downtown Charleston, and of course, the outlet mall! The rooms were nice, especially with a small refridgerator and microwave, which made the room so convenient. The staff was friendly and helpful and gave us some great tips on where to go. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
NCIGM, General Manager at North Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2011

Thank you for staying with us here at the North Charleston Inn. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for acknowledging some of our best attributes.

Next time your travels bring you through the Charleston area please stop in and see us again!!

Reviewed August 25, 2011

We have been to South Carolina several times but this was our frist visit to North Charleston Inn. We were pleased with the accomodations and location. It was very convenient for shopping and restaurants. I would like to commend the staff especially KEYATAH at the front desk. Upon our return home, three weeks later, we realized that we left a pair of Sandals in our Room. I called the Hotel and spoke to KEYATAH at the front desk, after checking with Housekeeping, she informed me that the Sandals were there. KEYATAH was extremely helpful in assisting me with the return of the Sandals. She was professional, courteous and very understanding. KEYATAH is a great asset to North Charleston Inn.

Room Tip: The room was perfect for us.
Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us here at the North Charleston Inn. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that my team has gone above and beyond to ensure that even your post stay was excellent!! Keyatah will be thrilled to see her name in the public light, and we will acknowledge her good deeds here at the property as well as properly reward her for her actions.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

Very pleasant staff, clean rooms and good value,close to Charleston attractions.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
NCIGM, General Manager at North Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2011

Thank you for choosing the North Charleston Inn for your lodging needs while here in Charleston. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and that my team exceeded your expectations

We look forward to you returning in the future.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

I stayed there for the 4th of July weekend. The first thing about the hotel that caught my attention was how affordable it was. Once I got there I was really impressed with quality of the hotel. Then I was totally blown away with the friendliness of the staff. Ann at the front desk was so remarkable. She really went over and beyond with the friendliness and care that she showed me and my family. I work in the hotel business for over 5 years and her concern that she had was not the rehersed, "thank you, and have a nice day, and please come back speech that is given to the guest. Her personality is real and it radiates throughout your property. She made us feel so welcome. In customer service I will give her 10 stars. Trust me I live in the mid west and I truely appreciate great customer service, because it comes far and in between in the mid west. (smile) THANK YOU ANN, for the way you treated me and my family. Whenever I return to Charleston , your hotel is where we will be staying.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
NCIGM, General Manager at North Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Thank you for staying with us here at the North Charleston Inn. It is always nice to get great reviews from an individual that has worked in the industry as we are typically our own worst critics. Ms. Ann is wonderful and for her, customer service is fluent. Although she understands that this is part of her job, she appreciates the public acknowledgement of what a great job she is doing. We here at the property have acknowledged and rewarded her for her additional efforts.

Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to you returning in the future

Reviewed August 2, 2011

we have had a blast!!!!! i want to thank ms. ann at the front desk she is really a great person and helped us alot we will be back hopefully we will see ms. ann too

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us here at the North Charleston Inn. Ms. Ann is ecstaic that you have opted to praise her in this public forum. She helps the guests as part of her job, but for her it comes so naturally. We have rewarded and acknowledgedher here at the hotel for her exceptional performance.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future

Reviewed August 2, 2011

I stayed here for four nights in July 2011 for business. Hotel appears old and worn from exterior. Rooms treatments are updated (e.g., comforter), but peeling paint, mold on the bathroom ceiling, and poor door locks.

I have two complaints. One, I was hustled by a young guy looking for work in the parking lot as I was leaving early one morning. He was very persistent and did not like "no", and even wanted to wash my vehicle. I had to be firm. I complained to management and they knew who he was. Apparently he was evicted the following day, but not quietly.

Two, my key kept resetting each morning, which meant I had to return to the front desk. Despite what they said it was NOT anything magnetic in my pocket. THis is a real annoyance for me and it seems to happen in lots of hotels. How hard is it to set the key properly?

I travel all the time for business and don't expect 4-star quality at 1-star prices. However, this hotel is one of the worst I've been in.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

I would like to thank you for staying with us here at the North Charleston Inn. I do want to sincerely apologize for the issues that you encountered while here. The type of behavior that you experienced is obviously not welcomed here and the hotel did take action to your compalint about the individual in question. The key issue is a industry issue, the hotel does have to set checkout dates in the system, and our system does default to "1" night. On the flip side because the keys are reusable, the magentic coding is not as strong nor permanent as one on a credit card. The systems are ever evolving, and I am sure in the future there will be a system that is more permanent or at least human proof

Thank you again for staying with us and I do hope that if your travels bring you through the area again you give us another try.