1,734 results
All reviews college campus room was clean hot tub nice hotel biscuits and gravy enjoyed our stay waffles king suite nice breakfast great place to stay hotel stay great room the breakfast area housekeeping staff family reunion free breakfast would definitely stay here again
Reviewed December 6, 2011

We got this room through Hotwire and did not know the name until we were booked. What a wonderful surprise. It is a nice property near the university and it sits back from the road with a nice stand of tall trees beside it. The room was spacious, clean, and well appointed. The hot tub and pool are outside and open 24/7 as long as a disturbance is not made. The breakfast area and food were inviting. I loved the place and loved the price I got from Hotwire!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
CHARLESTONWINGATEDOS, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Charleston University Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2011

Hello tlynn63,

I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend! Thank you for the review of our hotel on Tripadvisor! Any feedback we receive is greatly appreciated. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us at our Wingate. Being tucked behind the trees gives our hotel the serenity everyone needs on vacation. Email me personally and I will match the best rate you find online: cnwest@charlestonwingate.com. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Charleston!

Reviewed November 21, 2011

My husband and I visited Charleston SC for our 2nd year anniversary. We stayed at the Wingate(Charleston University Blvd) and was very impressed with everything. The room we stayed in was extremely clean with comfortable beds. They even served a continential breakfast that was outstanding. The workers at Wingate were very nice and caring. I enjoyed my stay there and will definitely stay again, next time I go to Charleston. The atomsphere and cleaniness was like no other!!

Room Tip: The hotel is about fifteen minutes away from downtown Charleston.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Hello Blessed030,

I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend! Thank you for the review of our hotel on Tripadvisor! Any feedback we receive is greatly appreciated. We are glad you and your husband were able to spend your 2nd year anniversary in Charleston. We are happy to hear of the great experience you both had at our Wingate. We looked forward to seeing you guys again very soon!

Reviewed November 8, 2011

We booked our hotel through Hotwire. We wanted North Charleston as we would be attending a hockey game at the coliseum on Sat. night. We were booked at this hotel which is right on
I-26, not too far from Summerville. The hotel sets back away from the road so we had a problem finding it. The hotel does have a sign near the on-ramp to I-26....we did not see that since we were on the other side of the road.

When we arrived the room was not read (it was 2:00 P.M. on Sat. afternoon and the room was not ready). We left and came back in two hours to find a short wait for our room. The two women working the check in did not seem to know what they were doing. I guess they were both new.

The room was clean, but the bed was definitely not comfortable. Neither of us slept well at all. The complimentary breakfast was the norm. Restaurants nearby are all fast foods as the hotel is sitting on the campus of Charleston Southern University.

If I go again, I would not want to stay that far away from North Charleston. That is nothing against the hotel. My only complaint would be the bed and pillows being tooo big.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
CHARLESTONWINGATEDOS, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Charleston University Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Hello Pfishlady!

Thank you for the review of our hotel on Tripadvisor! Any feedback we receive is greatly appreciated. I apologize you were not 100% satisfied at our Wingate by Wyndham. Since we are tucked away on the Charleston Southern University campus, it can be difficult to find our property for the first time. I'm sorry for any inconveniences our location caused you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future. My direct line at the hotel is 843.818.5950. We hope you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I really would like to keep this place a secret, but... everything is so nice people need to know. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and inviting. And, yes, the beds really are comfortable. It is about 15-20 min. from downtown Charleston, but worth it for the surroundings and price. If you can't find something to your liking for breakfast, then you need to bring your own--they have cold and hot cereal, eggs and meat, the omnipresent sausage gravy and biscuits, yogurt, fruit, waffles, bagels, toast, English muffins, muffins and sweet rolls--not the most gourmet but tasty and plentiful. They will bring out fresh eggs 5 min. before the end of breakfast if someone wants them--all you have to do is ask. The only small negative is getting the room temperature constant, we got hot then cold--I think using the fan on all the time and a higher temp. would have been smarter, but the air conditioner really is no different than any other hotel.

Room Tip: the king with sleep sofa is almost like a small suite
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Hello jw3be,

Thank you for the review of our hotel on Tripadvisor and not keeping us a secret :) Any feedback we receive is greatly appreciated. Wyndham has recently changed their breakfast and we are finding it to be a "hit". We are glad you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed October 21, 2011

Beautiful surrounding. Woods back up the hotel. Tucked away on it's own private road. Peaceful, don't let the close access to the freeway fool you! Great to walk around the area, relaxing. This hotel may be owned by the University that shares the grounds, you have excess to the University Food Services as well. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011

Hello Abseibles,

Thank you for the review of our hotel on Tripadvisor! Any feedback we receive is greatly appreciated. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our property. I agree with you, the serene area isolates you from the hussle and bussle to make it possible for a relaxing evening. We hope to see you again very soon!