1,732 results
All reviewscollege campusroom was cleanhot tubnice hotelbiscuits and gravyenjoyed our staywafflesking suitenice breakfastgreat place to stayhotel staygreat roomthe breakfast areahousekeeping stafffamily reunionfree breakfastwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We booked our hotel through Hotwire. We wanted North Charleston as we would be attending a hockey game at the coliseum on Sat. night. We were booked at this hotel which is right on
I-26, not too far from Summerville. The hotel sets back away from the road so we had a problem finding it. The hotel does have a sign near the on-ramp to I-26....we did not see that since we were on the other side of the road.

When we arrived the room was not read (it was 2:00 P.M. on Sat. afternoon and the room was not ready). We left and came back in two hours to find a short wait for our room. The two women working the check in did not seem to know what they were doing. I guess they were both new.

The room was clean, but the bed was definitely not comfortable. Neither of us slept well at all. The complimentary breakfast was the norm. Restaurants nearby are all fast foods as the hotel is sitting on the campus of Charleston Southern University.

If I go again, I would not want to stay that far away from North Charleston. That is nothing against the hotel. My only complaint would be the bed and pillows being tooo big.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
CHARLESTONWINGATEDOS, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Charleston University Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Hello Pfishlady!

Thank you for the review of our hotel on Tripadvisor! Any feedback we receive is greatly appreciated. I apologize you were not 100% satisfied at our Wingate by Wyndham. Since we are tucked away on the Charleston Southern University campus, it can be difficult to find our property for the first time. I'm sorry for any inconveniences our location caused you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future. My direct line at the hotel is 843.818.5950. We hope you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I really would like to keep this place a secret, but... everything is so nice people need to know. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and inviting. And, yes, the beds really are comfortable. It is about 15-20 min. from downtown Charleston, but worth it for the surroundings and price. If you can't find something to your liking for breakfast, then you need to bring your own--they have cold and hot cereal, eggs and meat, the omnipresent sausage gravy and biscuits, yogurt, fruit, waffles, bagels, toast, English muffins, muffins and sweet rolls--not the most gourmet but tasty and plentiful. They will bring out fresh eggs 5 min. before the end of breakfast if someone wants them--all you have to do is ask. The only small negative is getting the room temperature constant, we got hot then cold--I think using the fan on all the time and a higher temp. would have been smarter, but the air conditioner really is no different than any other hotel.

Room Tip: the king with sleep sofa is almost like a small suite
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Hello jw3be,

Thank you for the review of our hotel on Tripadvisor and not keeping us a secret :) Any feedback we receive is greatly appreciated. Wyndham has recently changed their breakfast and we are finding it to be a "hit". We are glad you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed October 21, 2011

Beautiful surrounding. Woods back up the hotel. Tucked away on it's own private road. Peaceful, don't let the close access to the freeway fool you! Great to walk around the area, relaxing. This hotel may be owned by the University that shares the grounds, you have excess to the University Food Services as well. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011

Hello Abseibles,

Thank you for the review of our hotel on Tripadvisor! Any feedback we receive is greatly appreciated. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our property. I agree with you, the serene area isolates you from the hussle and bussle to make it possible for a relaxing evening. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed October 12, 2011

Very Clean, friendly and accommodating. We blocked out about 7 rooms for a loud group for a wedding.
The staff did everything they could to keep us happy!
My only tiny complaint is the distance from downtown Charleston. it’s about 25 mins. However it was nice and quiet and on a nice college campus with a sidewalk track for all you runners. There is a pool and hot tube that are cute.
VERY COMFY BEDS!

Room Tip: Either way is good. The walls are pretty thick and there is not much outside noise .
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Hello EandCM,

Thank you for the review of our hotel on Tripadvisor! Any feedback we receive is greatly appreciated. We are glad you were able to visit our property for the wedding you attended. There are plenty of guests who find it a perk that the CSU campus can be used by our guests for a morning or afternoon jog, thank you for acknowledging that feature. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed September 27, 2011

Wingate is a great place to stay! My husband & I stayed for our Anniversary this past weekend & were very pleased! The friendly staff helped us with things to do to keep us busy & gave us advice for nice restaurants to eat at! The free breakfast was also a plus! I would definetely recommend this hotel to anyone who visits the Charleston area!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
CHARLESTONWINGATEDOS, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Charleston University Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2011

Hello Beth H!

Thank you for the review of our hotel on Tripadvisor! Any feedback we receive is greatly appreciated. We are glad you and your husband enjoyed your anniversary at our Wingate by Wyndham. We try our best to offer the best customer service so it is good to hear your comment about our friendly staff. We hope to see you and your husband again for your second anniversary, if not before.