“Would stay again for sure!”

Wingate by Wyndham Charleston University Boulevard
Ranked #10 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Jupiter, Florida
“Would stay again for sure!”
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Excellent value, very clean, new hotel. Wonderful complimentary breakfast with healthy choices. My husband & son loved the waffle maker. With a four year old we enjoyed eating on the outdoor patio area but the inside area was spacious and had comfy furnishings. The area near the hotel felt very safe and clean. The bedding was clean and the bed very comfortable. If I get the opportunity to visit Charleston again I would stay at this hotel again even with the 15 minute drive to downtown. It is nice to get a quiet nights sleep which I do not think I would have gotten had we chose the downtown area hotels. Excellent value! I spent hours reading reviews on different hotels in the area on Trip advisor.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
CHARLESTONWINGATEDOS, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Charleston University Boulevard, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Hi kenny39,

Thank you for the review of our hotel on Tripadvisor! Any feedback we receive is greatly appreciated. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our Wingate by Wyndham. Although, downtown Charleston is beautiful it is nice to come back to a quieter place for a good nights rest. We hope to see you and your familiy again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Hotel is perfect
It is close to Charleston but far enough away from traffic. The staff is outstanding. Very friendly and always there when you need anything. The room was great, Excellent bedding and water pressure. No on site restaurant but many within 1/2 mile in either direction.

Room Tip: just ask
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Hi Brewerfan2,

I apologize for the delayed response. Thank you for the review of our hotel on Tripadvisor! Any feedback we receive is greatly appreciated. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope to see you again very soon!
Bill Nelson
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Our organization hosted a group of 30 people for a Marriage Retreat 2 weeks ago. The Wingate was a perfect place in both space and location. We knew going in we were not in downtown Charleston so we worked our schedule accordingly and were able to take advantage of much that Charleston has to offer (dinner cruise, shopping, carriage rides) without having to pay downtown hotel prices.
What impressed me most about the hotel wasn't the facility, even though it was certainly very nice, it was the people. From the Group Sales Director to the Front Desk Staff to the lady who handled the hot breakfast (very good!) EVERYONE was very nice. Since we had a small group, we had some out-of-the-ordinary requests and the accommodated us and were flexible with everything I needed.
If we choose Charleston again as our destination, I will be sure to look up my friends at the Wingate on the campus of Charleston Southern!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Hi Bill,

I apologize for the delayed response. Thank you for the review of our hotel on Tripadvisor! Any feedback we receive is greatly appreciated. We are glad your group enjoyed their stay. We look forward to seeing you again next year.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Yuck. My husband and I are relocating to Charleston, and we stayed here in for a few nights while we were looking for a new home. I had gotten the room for a good rate, and have had great experiences with Wyndham in the past. Unfortunately, this was one of the worst hotel stays I've had. As soon as I entered the room, I began noticing things that didn't seem quite right. The bedsheets were torn and not exactly clean. There was hair on the toilet seat. Lights didn't work. Since we were exhausted, we decided to stay. It was a mistake. Later that evening, we saw an enormous roach run across the room. It was disgusting. The management offered to move us to a different room, but that room had broken lights and more hair on the toilet seat. They finally moved us to a third room which seemed (a bit) cleaner. Our third room had a broken side table/lamp and the faucet was leaking onto the counter, but like I said, it was less dirty. It was horribly inconvenient to have to move rooms twice, and I kept wondering if there were other creepy-crawly occupants in the room with us. For a hotel that is only three years old, it's a bit of a disgrace. The only positive thing I can mention is that the management was very accommodating. They lowered our per-night rate, and allowed us to check out late on our final day. They were apologetic and assured us that they would address the sanitation issues with the housekeeping staff. Overall, the hotel was not really a value at all. There are plenty of better lodging choices in North Charleston. Don't stay here.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thestallons
CHARLESTONWINGATEDOS, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Charleston University Boulevard, responded to this review, May 26, 2011

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 843.553.4444.

Ron Jaicks
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed April 29, 2011

This hotel surprised me a little. I never stayed at a Wingate or Wyndham, so I wasn't expecting it to be quite so nice! Very nice rooms. Clean and quiet. The continental breakfast was more than adequate. I would stay here again if the opportunity arose.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank hamiltzp
CHARLESTONWINGATEDOS, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Charleston University Boulevard, responded to this review, May 12, 2011
Hi hamiltzp,

Thank you for the review of our hotel on Tripadvisor! Any feedback we receive is greatly appreciated. Our brand is newer than most of our competitiors and we tend to have a lot of first time Wingaters that do not realize the fantastic quality of our hotel. If you're interested in becoming a Wyndham Rewards member, email me directly at: cnwest@charlestonwingate.com, that way you will be able to receive perks when you experience other Wingates. I will also give you 1000 bonus points for signing up! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!
Manassas Park, Virginia
Reviewed April 25, 2011

From the moment you check in, to the time you leave, the staff will make you feel right at home. Cleanliness is a top priority, and the rooms are the perfect size (if you can upgrade to a suite, do it). The morning breakfast will fill you up, and there is good coffee brewing all day long. I have not stayed in a cleaner hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Billy8888
Hi Billy8888,

Thank you for the review of our hotel on Tripadvisor! Any feedback we receive is greatly appreciated. Cleanliness is highly important to all guests and we hope everyone that stays with us feels the same as you. The 24 hour coffee is a hit and glad you enjoyed it. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed April 11, 2011

My husband and I spent our 25th wedding anniversary in Charleston and since we were on a budget, looked for a hotel reasonably priced just outside the city. The Wingate was by far the best hotel we've ever stayed in. The hotel was fresh and clean, the staff helpful, the room beautifully done with a very comfortable king size bed and sitting area, and the hot breakfast was exceptional. The attention to detail made all the difference. When visiting Charleston, we'll certainly choose this hotel again.
Kim & Kendall Sutter, Winter Springs, Florida

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kim1124
CHARLESTONWINGATEDOS, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Charleston University Boulevard, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Dear Kim1124,

Thank you for the review of our hotel on Tripadvisor! Any feedback we receive is greatly appreciated. It is great to know you and your husband were able to spend your 25th wedding anniversary in our hotel. We truly believe that we are the "Best hotel in North Charleston" so thank you very much for the compliment. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!