“Not so Great!”

Ranked #34 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Not so Great!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were there on a girls trip using points.Our room had dirty used plastic glasses by the sink but overall the room was clean and beds were comfortable. The 1st night we went to the lobby bar for a drink and the bartender rolled her eyes at us and seemed very annoyed we asked for anything. I think there was a total of 10 people there. She then continued to slam bottles down. The day we checked out I realized within an hour that I had left my sunglasses(Tom Ford's) in the safe(which was open because i took everything else out). I was transferred to houskeeping twice. I was told someone would call me back but I had to call back. I finally spoke to someone that said it had already been cleaned and my glasses were not there.If found they would mail them to me. I know that they were there and I will never stay with your hotel again! Its sad because you have a few great employees that did greet us at the front desk but overall not so friendly!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Charleston, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Ann L,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our property in Charleston. I am so sorry to hear about the negative experience you had, especially with the customer service in the bar area and housekeeping. I am not sure if you have reached out to the management team yet, but if you would like to, I suggest you contact the general manager, Steven Spear (sspear@aloftcharlestonairport.com), who would be more than happy to help resolve the matter in anyway that he can. Again, I am so sorry for the issues that you encountered on property, but I hope that the rest of your girls weekend was much better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

On my 20th anniversary with family, I had the best time ever. Lynette the battender was the absolute best bartender. I did not stay at the Aloft but I really had a good time with Lynette. This was the best time the next time we come to charleston we will stay here.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sharron M
Steven S, General Manager at Aloft Charleston, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Aloft Charleston loves great reviews like yours and thanks you! We are glad your experience was the best, and we hope to see you on your next trip! Safe and happy traveling wishes to you.
NC
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I would like to thank the Aloft for a wonderful time....we came here to celebrate our anniversary along with another couple. .. I must say from check in with Tiara to happy hour with Rachel and most of all Ms. Lynette at the bar she was awesome and genuine. ...This was our first time ever coming to Charleston and I will surely stay again. I would also like to thank DeeDee she was awesome as well. Please make sure you let your employees know how awesome they are and they are greatly appreciated by your guest!!!! Stephanie and Eric

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Swhit1972
Wow! This is what we like to hear, and strive for with every guest that visits the aloft Charleston! Thank you for your kind words and look forward to you visiting again soon! Live-Life-Aloft
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

After a previous unpleasant experience with the Aloft in downtown Dallas, I swore never to visit one again. I'm glad I did. The Aloft at Charleston's airport is new, clean, cool, comfortable and beyond friendly. It's still like staying in a Junior W, but I had a very nice experience. A particular shout-out to the registration staff. While severely under-resourced when I arrived, the woman on duty was pleasant and helpful and cheery. It made me feel welcome. Same with the woman on duty when I checked out the next morning. I will be back!

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Tim D
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Charleston, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Tim D.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to win you back over into Aloft's good graces. I am especially happy to hear that you found the staff to be helpful and friendly. We will certainly pass the positive feedback along to them, as they always appreciate hearing about their performance. We hope that you will come back and visit us again soon.
Conway, South Carolina
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Last weekend I spent the weekend at the Aloft convention center in Charleston, SC with my family. I like the modern feel of the hotel and the ease of using technology to make my stays convenient. Overall it was a good experience but daily staff seems to be overworked and not in sync with their customers. Problems included two TV remotes which did not work because they were for the wrong type of TV, a refrigerator that did not work, unmade room after being gone all day with no privacy sign out, advertised entertainment which had happened the day before, and a broken large screen TV in the common bar area, which by the way, wasn't open until 30 mins after Sunday's first NFL playoff game started. On the good side, when the manager got back to work on Monday, she was receptive and committed to making things right, a good sign things may change. In addition, the cook and MX guy were very helpful and friendly.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank William L
Steven S, General Manager at Aloft Charleston, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thanks for your review and feed back from your recent stay. I truely apologize for your experience, this is not typical and the issues you encountered will be addressed with priority. I will be meeting with my management team in regards to your remote, refridgerator, and non service issues. There is often confusion in regards to the green choice program, and I will ensure that we are explaining in a better manner to future guests! Please let me know when you will be returning to Charleston, I will love to speak with you more, and assist you in experiening a true Aloft Charleston stay! Safe travels always ~
Aiken
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed at the Aloft hotel for the weekend. The location was great, down the street from the Tanger Outlets and several restaurants. The staff were pleasant. With our stay, we were given 1 free breakfast (military) and two complimentary drinks and appetizer from the bar each night. We had a standard room but it was roomy for the 3 of us (my 8 y.o. son, husband, & myself). I would stay here again. The breakfast was not good at all. It taste like microwave meals eventhough they have someone behind the window "preparing it". I gave it a 4 only because on our second & last night there, we couldn't order our complimentary appetizer because they closed early for the staff christmas party and the breakfast was not good..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Yetta H
Thanks for your review and the 4 stars... we look forward to you coming back and allowing us the opportunity to earn a 5 !

I do apologize for your experience with the breakfast and also for the kitchen being closed for the Holiday. We offered complimentary breakfast buffet for our guests, to ensure the staff had time with their families. We will be sure to address the issues and discuss an alternate plan for the holidays... as our guests are very important and your feedback is what helps to ensure future guests have an "A"mazing experience. Wishing you a fantastic 2014 and please feel free to contact me on your next trip to Charleston!
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This was not our best hotel stay.

1. Reservation was lost, they did get us a room.
2. Checked out in the mourning and there was no record of us staying.
3. Breakfast was suppose to be included and it was not.
4. Once they fixed the no record of us being there we were overcharged.
5. Someone was trying to get into our room at 3am.
6. Room was ok, could see water damage in the walls from the shower.
7. Microwave was disgusting, filthy.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Theresa V
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Charleston, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Theresa V,
I am so sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay with at our hotel, but I completely understand your frustration as it seemed you encountered quite a few issues while on property. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and let us know about the issues you faced so that we may correct them for future guest stays. We will certainly use this as a learning opportunity in the future in order to ensure our guest experience is much better. I did want to ensure that all of your issues were resolved so I encourage you to reach out to the General Manager, Steve Spear (sspear@aloftcharlestonairport.com), who would be more than happy to discuss your stay with you further and rectify any outstanding issues that you may have. Again, I am so sorry that your stay was less than enjoyable, but I do hope that the rest of your time in Charleston was much better.