“Nice and Clean Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in North Augusta
Conover, NC
“Nice and Clean Hotel”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

This is the first time at this hotel. The staff at check in was very friendly and fast. We had a room on the second floor and it was very clean. If we are ever in North Augusta again, we would stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Charlotte
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We have been staying at the Sleep Inn in North Augusta for several years. Innkeeper David Fort takes excellent care of us each and every year and greets us by name as soon as we walk through the door. The Sleep Inn provides the most convenient of accomodations for our travels and is always welcoming!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Robin N
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We have stayed at this motel several times, and though I can't imagine how it can improve any more, it seems to each time we visit. First off, the manager recognized me when I called to make my reservation, and offered us the room we requested at a great rate. The accommodations were more than we expected, and the cleanliness was top notch! Housekeeping was fantastic, made our rooms daily, and always checked to see if we needed anything. The breakfast room had everything you could want in the way of food and beverages. It is hard to imagine how they can make money with such a spread. The front desk was polite, friendly and helpful; we were more than pleased with the service we received. We will definitely stay there again, and recommend it highly to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Gadawgs00001
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I've stayed two different times at the Sleep Inn in North Augusta, SC and both times was very well pleased. The staff is friendly, helpful, and efficient. I checked in and checked out in less than one minute. The room was clean, comfy, and on the first floor. Breakfast was varied and plenty to get started for the day. The location is easy to find (although twice my GPS sent me in a round-about route, so beware!). All in all, good value for money and worthy of staying again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Carrollton, Georgia
Reviewed May 11, 2011

We were in the area for a small convention and were informed this would possibly be a good choice as a place to stay-- our expectations were exceeded!! A great value and the staff made sure everything was just right. I would definately recommend this motel to any of my friends and look forward to staying with them again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I was very satisfied with the price. We were at a funeral and received a special grief price. Our room was nothing special, but it was clean and we were satisfied. The breakfast room was comfortable. What I really liked about this hotel were the employees who were so welcoming and so willing to help and the breakfast and free USA today and local paper. .

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed September 21, 2008

This is the only hotel in North Augusta, and my wife and I have stayed there repeatedly while visiting my son and his wife, who have a small home there.

We've had problems there in the past, but nothing like during this past stay, when our first grandson was born in Augusta.

The chief annoyance was that our room telephone rang every morning at precisely 5:35, especially since we were up late every night with the baby and his new parents. When we complained to the front desk, they blew us off, saying it must have been coincidence or someone misdialing, and that it couldn't possibly be a glitch in their automated wake-up-call system. (We had requested no wake-up calls.)

So we finally solved that problem ourselves by unplugging the room phone.

Other bothers were that housekeeping forgot to clean our room one day, and that the hotel's wifi Internet access was limited to the lobby and the breakfast room, but was too weak to extend to the guest rooms. When we asked for an ethernet cable so we could use the Internet connection in our room, we were told all the cables were already loaned out. (If you should stay there, I suggest you take your own ethernet cable.)

In the future, we'll forsake proximity and stay at the Claussen Road "hotel row" across the river in Augusta, where we've had pleasant stays in the past, even in the Augusta Sleep Inn.

• Liked — Proximity to our son's home.
  • Disliked — The unrequested 5:35 calls to our room.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
dfort68, General Manager at Sleep Inn , Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 9, 2010
Dear Kentucky Gentleman,

I'm sorry you considered your visit less than satisfactory. I remember personally apologizing to you for the inconveniences you experienced during your visit. I'm sorry you considered my apology as "blowing you off". Moreover, in the spirit of brevity, my staff puts forth our best effort to minimize mistakes and inconveniences. In 2008, we advertised wireless internet connection in our lobby area only. Since your visit, we've enhanced our wireless connection to include the entire property. I sincerely hope you reconsider your stance on the Sleep Inn of North Augusta.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Augusta
Country Inn & Suites Aiken
Candlewood Suites Augusta
Candlewood Suites Augusta
#27 of 83 in Augusta

Been to Sleep Inn , Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!