“Poor management”

The Palms Grill and Bar
Ranked #10 of 48 Restaurants in Newberry
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Attempted to get dinner on a Saturday night. There was a 20 minute wait with 5 empty tables and empty outside seating. Waitresses were outside smoking.

4  Thank Frogette1377
There are newer reviews for The Palms Grill and Bar

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We took a trip up to Newberry because the weather was great and decided to get some wind therapy. Remember going here on a dine and ride with Harley Haven a couple of years ago but was in such a rush, I didn't get to relax.
Was met by the manager and made to feel like this was our place to do what we wanted, when we wanted. We were given everything (short of a tour of the kitchen) we needed to make our dining and beverage selections. Good old fashioned Hospitality and the friendliest employee's I have ever met. ( and we go lots of places).
Great selection of quick food and adult beverages along with good sweet tea . Plenty of tv's for sports junkies or just sit and relax and talk.
Will make the 40 mile drive again soon as this rates high on our scale.

1  Thank Jeffrey R
Reviewed March 8, 2014

At the recommendation of our hotel desk clerk, we stopped at the Palms Grill, looking for a simple meal before a concert at the Newberry Opera House. It was a good choice. Our waitress was very friendly, and patiently explained a number of options on their menu. The decor is a little worn and dated, but was fine for a casual meal. Although we didn't check it out during this visit, the restaurant appeared to have a very nice bar area. Our food was good, not great. Palms Grill would not be my recommendation for a special night out, but for a quick sandwich or a light meal, it's well worth a visit. We would go back.

1  Thank PawleysDude
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We learned about this place from a clerk in a gift shop, and so glad we did. We would have never known it was there. It's off the beaten path, but very popular with locals. My daughter and I meet in Newberry, halfway between her residence and mine. We were eating light that evening, and both ordered the chicken salad croissant, she got a side of fresh green beans cooked southern style.
Both were delicious, and the chicken salad sandwich had enough chicken salad for 3 meals. It was really good salad. The menu there was varied, you could choose from a wide variety of choices. Our server was very pleasant and efficient...wish I could remember her name. We will definitely go there again...it is a great place to meet, and I want to try some of the other offerings the menu had.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We tried The Palms Grill and Bar on a recommendation from our hotel staff. I would swear that everyone knew everyone else in this place, which was kind of nice. The staff was friendly. Despite the over-flowing parking lot, there were still tables available. The food was good and I thought the prices were quite reasonable. I would recommend The Palms if you're in Newberry. Our hotel is by I-26, and it's less than a 10 minute drive to The Palms.

Been to The Palms Grill and Bar? Share your experiences!