“Awesome Experience”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Newberry
Woodstock, Georgia
“Awesome Experience”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed at this property two nights during the snow/ice storm Feb 12-13, 2014. The staff was great-while we were stuck and could not get out for dinner they cooked hot dogs and hamburgers for all guests. Offered us drinks and were very courteous throughout. No extra charge. For a friendly staff and a clean comfortable stay I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Ian K
newberrygm, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newberry, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Ian K,

Thank you so much for the kind words and recommendation of our hotel in Newberry. I’m glad the storm wasn’t too bad for you and hope that you enjoyed the hot dogs and hamburgers. We are very proud of the hospitality that our Newberry hotel staff provides. Thank you for staying with us at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newberry Hotel,: we look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm regards,
Patrick Haire, Guest Relations Manager
Holiday Inn Express & Suites – Newberry Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I always enjoy staying at HIE. All over the country they are all very nice. This hotel was no different. The employees all were very nice. Charlie was very fast and friendly during check inn. The rooms were very clean. I didn't use the WIFI so I cant comment on it. The tv was very large with a nice variety of channels. Nice size bath and shower. My only issue with the room was my bed sheets were definitely old and had little lent balls all over them. Breakfast was very nice and clean. Large selection of food. Overall a very nice property.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dru H
newberrygm, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newberry, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Dru H,

Thank you for staying with us at our Newberry hotel. We are happy to hear that you thought the property was very nice. I would like to apologize about the bed sheets; I will let the Housekeeping Manager know about it right away. Thank you for the compliments and constructive feedback. We really appreciate hearing from our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newberry, SC Hotel.

Best wishes,
Patrick Haire, Guest Relations Manager
Holiday Inn Express & Suites – Newberry
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed here recently while en route to Tennessee. The property looks brand new. In fact, my GPS wouldn't even find the street it's on. Our stay was good, pretty typical of Holiday Inn Express. The room was clean and quiet. The hotel facilities are nice. There's an indoor pool as well as a nice little fitness room. I'd agree with previous reviews in saying that the breakfast looks a little sparse. It's adequate, but don't expect too much. My wife made our reservation over the phone and put in a request to be "away" from the elevator and vending area. Where was our room? You guessed it, right next to the elevator and vending. I didn't worry about it because there were so few people at the hotel, I didn't figure it would be a noisy place. It wasn't. I would recommend this property to others, and would stay in the future.

Room Tip: Hotel is brand new, elevator and vending areas didn't seem noisy.
1 Thank ifindsnook
Louisville
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is a very clean and comfortable place to stay! it is just off of I-26 but you cannot hear any road noise at all. The beds are fantastic and the property looks new. The staff was friendly but I wasn't real impressed with the breakfast. It may have just been the particular day that I was there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank friedbologna
Crescent Springs, Kentucky
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have stayed here several times and have always had a wonderful experience, until now. Please know, the rooms are very clean which in my opinion is the most important factor. We went down at 9am for breakfast, which has always been a delight. When arriving most of the food was empty. I got a biscuit (for the gravy) and a sausage and sit and waited for gravy while drinking my coffee. We sit and watched the gentleman that was working the bar, refill the creamers, the butter, napkins all of which did not need refilling. He was working hard at not working. After a half hour, at 930, my husband ask him if he would be putting out any gravy, that we had been waiting for awhile. He said 'no, theres only a half hour left till he breaks down the bar. My husband explained that we have been sitting waiting since 9am. I told my husband to never mind. He then ask the man if he would be putting out any cinnamon rolls and he said , not with just 25 minutes left. After about 10 minutes he came over to our table and said he could microwave 2 rolls if we wanted to wait till everyone left. We said no thanks.
This is unusual for this hotel and we hope a one time problem.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
newberrygm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newberry, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Diane S,
Good Morning Diane S and thank you for taking the time to share your experience today. I am truly sorry to hear we did not meet your expectation on this last visit and I am so grateful you brought your experience to my attention. You are correct in saying that type of service is unusual for this property. It is important for my team to remember how they present themselves and to always be anticipating the needs of our guests. Which is why I am so grateful you made a point to share because we cannot fix what we don't know is broken. I can speak with great confidence that the young man in the breakfast area that day is very sorry for letting you down and it is not his normal behavior and would love the opportunity to earn your business back. Please reach out to me at 803.321.3955 so we can further discuss you last visit and I have the opportunity to apologize personally.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Was there for one night on a stop over to North Carolina. It being a holiday weekend , we were lucky to have found a room without reservations. Room was quiet, and with the exception of the occasional slamming of doors from other guests earlier in the evening, we had a good night's sleep.
Room looked fairly new with modern décor. Room was spotless- very clean and nice scent. Good working AC .Plenty of towels and thick. Bed could be a bit firmer as well as pillows, but that's my comfort level. Great TV reception. Breakfast was good and plentiful considering we went down to eat after 9am .I'm picky about my coffee and it was really good. Dining room was clean. Hotel is a bit remote, ( there is a Wal- Mart nearby if you need to pick up some items) but for us it was fine since we were just there for one night and wanted someplace quiet. Overall , the hotel was clean and bright-especially the hallways. Staff was pleasant and polite.

Room Tip: Room was quiet even though it was next to storage room at end of hallway and not far from elevator...
Ro S,
Good Morning and so glad to hear your feedback. Thank you so very much for sharing the experience you had here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newberry South Carolina Hotel. I am so glad to hear how pleased you were with the cleanliness of the hotel and that my team was on point when it came to making sure you had everything you needed. We try very hard to create "Great Hotels Guests Love" and I truly have a great staff. Please be safe in your travels and hope that we shall be able to see you again one day!

Murrayville, Georgia
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

From check in to check out, our stay here was excellent. The staff are friendly and helpful. The room was clean (a huge plus with me!), and very nice. I would recommend this hotel to anyone just looking for a place to stop off on their trip or on a business trip. There isn't much to do in the way of recreation in the immediate area but we stay here while visiting family.. So, it is perfect for our needs.

• Stayed October 2013
MGreen5,
Hello and thank you for being our guest. So glad to hear about your experience with us here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newberry South Carolina Hotel. Glad we could be just what you needed. Take care in traveling home and hope to see you on your next trip.

Ambria Lanteigne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newberry
Hampton Inn Newberry Opera House
Days Inn Newberry
Days Inn Newberry
#3 of 4 in Newberry
Days Inn Clinton-Presbyterian College

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newberry? Share your experiences!