“The Ritz-Carlton of Newber Oh my goodness!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newberry
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Newberry
“The Ritz-Carlton of Newber Oh my goodness!!!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Needed a weekend spot to just relax, away from work and the worries of life, we decided to do an area that wasn't large just a evening of relax time and sitting off the highway was what we now call the Ritz Carlton. The hotel is exceptionally nice, clean, refreshing and has not one fault. We had the oppurtunity of communicating with about 5 staff members ( Ms. Cynthia is the best) through our unpacking and packing to leave and each member was exceotionally professional and friendly. The rooms will make you speechless, the clean, comfortable, and so enjoyable. Dinner at the Palms in the area topped the night off. No hall nouse no outside nouse, just the perfect hotel. Continue what you are doing, your hotel should be an example of how people should be treated and how an away from home atmosphere should be given. What an enjoyable stay, a remarkable weekend and a great place to fulfill our needed weekend get a way. Thanks Newberry Ritz Carlton. The Berrys

• Stayed January 2013
newberrygm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newberry, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Berry’s,
I am so happy to hear that the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newberry Hotel is now your get-away place. It is great to hear that you feel like you were at the Ritz! What wonderful feedback I will communicate with my staff and encourage them to keep up the great work! Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and we are looking forward to your next get-away!

Ambria Lanteigne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel one night. Checked in late after a long drive. Staff very friendly and helpful. Room was clean, Cool, able to go straight in and go to bed. Walked by pool area and fitness room very nice. Didn't hear any hallway noise slept great.

• Stayed January 2013
newberrygm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newberry, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
ShellBug1,
I am so glad to hear that you had a great experience with us here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newberry South Carolina Hotel. Our owner took extra care during construction to see to it that our rooms were built as sound proof as possible. Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback on your experience with us and we look forward to having you as our guest again.

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed for one night at the Holiday Inn Express in Newberry for one night on December 6th. I loved the hotel. It was very modern and clean. The staff is super nice! The town of Newberry is quaint and quite charming, especially the Opera House and Steven W's Bistro, (great steak with bernaise and crabcake). I have to say that what I appreciated the most is the fact that I left my travel case with money and my passport inside and it was returned promptly. I received a call that I had left it and they returned it immediately. I cannot tell you how relieved I was to know that they had found it and would send it soon! Thank you Holiday Inn Newberry for a great stay and a reminder that people are good at heart. Many thanks, Ron Wallace

Room Tip: Not that it was a problem, because I slept fine, but I would choose a room on the side of the buildi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
newberrygm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newberry, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Mr. Wallace,
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newberry, South Carolina Hotel. I do have a great staff and I am so glad that we recovered your travel case and was able to get it back to you. We look forward to having you as our guest always. Hope you had a great Christmas and have a safe and Happy New Year!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 12, 2012

On December 8th, I had the pleasure of staying at the Holiday Inn Suites in Newberry, South Carolina. I had a very bad cough and didn't have any cough drops. I went to the front desk, however there were none in the convenience store. The night auditor, Terri, saw I was suffering from my cough. I asked her how far te store was and she told me it was a half mile walk and too far for me to go. She asked me to wait a minute and upon her return she brought me some cough drops she had in her purse. Terri is AWESOME and I was able to finally get some sleep from my cough. Please let her know she exceeded this customer's expectation.

SSG Cheatham
US Army Reserves

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael C
newberrygm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newberry, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Michael C,
I am glad to hear your experience here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newberry South Carolina Hotel exceeded your expectations. We are very lucky to have Terri apart of our Team. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and give us your feedback. I am certain Terri will see the great review and it will put a huge smile on her face. We hope you are feeling better and that you get to return on your future adventrues. Happy Holiday's to you from all of us!

Ambria Lanteigne

p.s. We have also had a delivery come in and thanks to your message remembered to put some cough drops in our convenience store :^).
Reviewed November 25, 2012

it was a great stay very nice rooms great food selection. Staff friendly and helpful rooms clean and.comfortable. Great snack station and it is.nice to have a microwave and fridge in the room.Great tvs for the game andi comfortable beds and sofa sleeper

• Stayed November 2012
newberrygm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newberry, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Jjmellen,
It is great to hear that the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Newberry South Carolina Hotel is on the right page as far as what our guests are looking for when they come and stay with us. We are always listening to new ideas so please feel free to share if we are missing anything because we take great pride in providing a Great Hotel Guests Love! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us! Happy Holiday’s to you and yours!
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stopped at the South Carolina welcome centre after driving from Nashvile through the mountains. It was getting dark and we wanted to stop st the nearest town. The very helpful lady there made us a reservation at the Holiday Inn in Newberry. We got the welcome centre rate which was very good. Newberry is a gem of a town with a fabulous Bistro called Steven W's . The hotel is located outside of town and is hard to find but you can see it from the Interstate. It's kind of out in a new industrial development but don't let that put you off as its a very short drive to town. The hotel is about 3 years old and is ultra clean the pool was too cold for me but the hot tub was fabulous. The beds were comfortable the room was a good size the tv flat screen and the Internet very fast. The breakfast room was very pleasant and the hot scrambled eggs surprisingly good. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would go there again.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Chantilly2
Chantilly2,
Thank you so much for making time to give us feedback on your experience here with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Newberry South Carolina Hotel. Our little town of Newberry certainly is a gem and we have lots of great places here for dinning and the fabulous “Steven W’s Downtown Bistro” is certainly one of them. Have great news to share with you about our pool the heater element has arrive so in the event that you are returning this way on your return home the pool will be all warmed up and ready for you. Have a wonderful Holiday Season!
White Lake, North Carolina
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place has friendly staff and is a new Property!
Clean and well run! Have stayed here twice and also have reservations for December!
Good location, very close to interstae I-26 between Greenvile and Columbia , SC!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
newberrygm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newberry, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Coach38NC,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and give us your feedback! I am so glad to hear that the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Newberry, SC Hotel is your choice to stay when you are in our area. When you come back in December please make sure to stop by the front desk area and ask for me so I can personally say hello and thank you for being a valued Guest in our Newberry South Carolina Hotel. Have a safe trip home and we look forward to your return!

Ambria Lanteigne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newberry
Hampton Inn Newberry Opera House
Days Inn Newberry
Days Inn Newberry
#3 of 4 in Newberry
Lake Murray Resort and Marina

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newberry? Share your experiences!