See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 20, 2017

This hotel is horrible and no one should stay here. All the rooms have a smelly odor which is probably because of the nasty carpet and curtains. My clothes and suitcase had that nasty muggy smell on them. There were dead cockroaches outside. The AC was set for 60 and the room was still out. The staff is so rude and apparently there isn't a manager or supervisor on duty just the receptionist. I had wanted to leave early because of an emergency back home and they told me I wouldn't be able to cancel so I asked to speak to a manager and I was told I had to email him because he isn't on site nor a supervisor. We were told they close from October to March and they should really look into remodeling the place. The only upside of it is that it's located on the beach but it does need work to bring it back alive. The amount we paid for two nights wasn't worth it.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

For over $350.00 for a 2-night stay, I was extremely disappointed in the accommodations especially since the marquee said $59.00. The staff were very friendly but there was no elevator and it was not disability friendly. I use a cane or walker and had to take the stairs to the third floor. The best part of the room were the beds. They were very comfortable but the bedspreads & dust ruffles had holes in them. The swimming pool was the most modern looking part of the motel. We had to pay for ice, had to request the room to be tidied up & to get clean towels for day 2. There was no complimentary anything. I had seen reviews ranging from 1.5 to 4. Based on my experience, I would rate the motel at a 1. I will not stay there in the future.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2017

Right on the beach. I believe the motel has 12 rooms that are oceanfront. This is an older motel so do not expect this to be the Ritz. The room was clean enough. My room had a small kitchen area but no pots, pans, utensils, plates etc. A nice clean pool also. the motel has an elevator but it doesn't work I was there during Bike Week so parking was awful and the motel ran out of clean towels. There is metered parking around the motel area. Its only free from midnight to 9am. F.Y,I .25 will get you 7.5 minutes on the parking meter. We arrived around 3am. The night clerk was awesome. Very friendly and helpful. The motel is close to a few restuarants. Also close enough to walk to an amusement park. I would probably stay there again. Coffee available in the lobby. This motel could use a good cleaning, freshing up and updating. I did not see any bugs in the room during my stay.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Debhud
Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

Me, and my boyfriend stayed here for the weekend. It was nasty the lady didn't clean it good. She left soap from the other guest I'm the tub. The door handle was hanging off in the bathroom , the tub was horrible we put a towel in it before we showered. We will never stay here again the staff there is horrible as well. There was a white stain in the chair as well.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed August 7, 2016

We have stayed at the Sea Dunes Oceanfront for the past three years. It is not fancy and yes the elevator is broken, but it is small, oceanfront and relatively inexpensive. The staff was very courteous. Our room was clean and I witnessed the cleaning lady even cleaning the sliding glass doors in a room. The pool smelled of chlorine and was well maintained. Like I said in my title, "if you want a fancy resort then you have to pay for it".

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family