“Terrible”

Sea Dunes Oceanfront
Ranked #182 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Terrible”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Where do i start...when we got to the hotel the lady at the front desk was taking a phone call from an unsatisfied customer. The elevator was broke...the hallway floors were filthy and smelled like vomit. The room was terrible. Filthy. Bathroom,in the trash can liner was an old tampons. Linens were dirty. Fridge,microwave dirty. Floor had toe nail clippings. The balcony door had no lock,when we shut the door the frame would come off. The tv sounded like it was going to blow up. Service was terrible. Everyone should report to the BBB. That place is not safe!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank jenthelpn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 5 hours and I experianced beg bugs, roaches, dirty cabinets(with dried food all over them). The hotel staff did not care and the owner refuses to call me back. This is a total dump and you should not stay there no matter what.

Room Tip: go to a diffrent hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank upset99

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This was not the best place to stay at while visiting Myrtle Beach. Outside appearance was satisfactory; but, once you open your room door to step inside this is where the problems and issues begin.
1st: The "kitchen" is horrible: cabinets broken, aluminum foil wrapped around the burners, refrigerator has severe mildew on the side and look as if someone took a hammer to the front of it, and the sink was the size of a shoe box.
2nd: The toliet was dirty, shower dirty and the shower curtain was dirty and mildew all over it.
3rd: If you sat on the bed you would fall off, while watching tv and laying in the bed there was a big beetle bug, and flying bugs in and around the bed.
I sprayed lysol constantly and cleaned what I could because we could not get our money back because of reservation clauses.
4th: Lamps didn't have light bulbs.

My recommendation is to avoid this place until they remodel which they probably won't and remember to look at the star rating. The only positive thing about this place is the location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The hotel location was excellant for the price. We could see all fire works for the 4 th. The room was fine ecept carpet was dirty, bath tub was dirty, and we found bed bugs and roaches. The lights half did not work or had no bulbs. But the pool, location, beach was excellant for the money.Our room was on 3rd floor no working elevator.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank happyasigo
Summerville, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 16, 2012

My friend and I were going to stay the night at Myrtle Beach so we could maximize our fun and we wouldn't have to drive back to Summerville in the dark. We knew we weren't getting a four star hotel or anything, but we were not expecting what we got. The floor had popcorn on it and obviously had not been cleaned lately. The lamp shade on the room's main light was falling apart and one of the desk drawers had a hole straight through it. The beds looked decent, but mine had hair on the sheets. I didn't look too hard because both of us had brought our own blankets to wrap up in. But the absolute worst part of the room was the bath tub. I am not exaggerating when I say that it is the worst bath tub I have ever seen in my life. By the end of the night we decided that rather than stay in a disgusting room we didn't feel safe in, we were just going to go home. I knew we wouldn't be getting a refund, I was willing to give up the money so I could sleep in my own bed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sara S
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We went upstairs to our room and walked in and OMG, the room was dirty we also found about 25 pills on the floor beside the bed which immediately told us housekeeping did not vacuum. Went downstairs and asked for refund which they declined but the offered to clean the room. We decided to stay because short of funds. We also noticed a gap under the door that a small cat could fit underneath so we had to roll 2 towels together to fill the gap. Beds were horrible, bathroom was even worse. Please do not stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kkatula
Lexington
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My mother and I were going on vacation to visit my sister and my little nephew for a couple of days in South Carolina. I had found what I thought was a good deal on this hotel on a website that required prepayment in advance. I paid $218 dollars total for what was supposed to be 3 nights. Upon arrival, the hotel looked a little run down, but I was pleased to see an older guy water some flowers out front (looked like he cared) after dark. After checking in, my mother and I went to our room. Their elevator is broken. It has a hand written sign on it "STORAGE". I guess they don't have plans to fix it. We had an oceanfront room on the second floor, so it wasn't to important about the elevator to us. When we walked into our room however we were mortified. There was a huge hole that had been punched in the bathroom door! I told my mother that we should look at linens just to be on the safe side especially with the bed bug problem in the United States at the moment. My bed looked fine. I didn't see any problems with it. The other bed however had hair all over the sheets and a large wet spot in the middle of the sheets and hair on the pillows. I went to call the front desk from the room and our phone didn't have any buttons. I had to use my cell phone to call the front desk to ask for clean sheets. I was told that she would have to see if they had any and she would let me know. After a few minutes, she called back and said that we could pick them up at the front desk. My mother and I took the dirty sheets with us and went to the front desk to exchange them. When we got there the clerk "Bridget" said to put them on the floor in a corner and had our new sheets rolled up on the desk. As soon as I went to put the dirty sheets on the floor the guy that I had seen watering the flowers early came from a room behind the counter and yelled "what are you doing?" I told him that my sheets were dirty when we checked in, so we came to get clean ones. He proceeded to scream at me saying "you are a f****** liar! Show me, Show me where they are dirty!" I showed him and he snatched them from me saying "that stain? you are going to have stains on sheets when you stay at a hotel!" Then he went back into the room that he came from. Before I could even make it out the door with our "clean" sheets, he came back out and said "I hope you are happy!" "you just got a housekeeper fired!" By this time my mother has had enough and she looked at him and said "the way that you are acting and treating us is inappropriate and it's not our fault that a housekeeper got fired, if they did their job correctly, I wouldn't be down here complaining!" On our way back to the room, there were some people on the balcony of a room that was just above the lobby who yelled at us "where did you get those towels! Hey white girl! Where did you get those towels? Why did they tell me that they don't have any towels and then give you some?" I turned around and informed them that they were sheets and not towels. We went back to our room fuming mad and made our beds. I then started to check the bathroom before we settled in. I found hair in the bathtub, hair on the floor around the toilet and even hair hangin out of the folded towels laying on the vanity. Needless to say, I didn't ask the front desk for towels because I already knew that they didn't have any. To make a really long story shorter.....I ended up going to the dollar store and buying cleaning supplies and towels for my mother and I for that night, but not before I snapped some pictures of the nasty room! We checked out the following morning even though I knew I wouldn't be getting a refund. What a waste of money! I have currently opened a dispute with my credit card company that I paid for the room with in hopes to recoup some of the money wasted on this hotel!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!

Room Tip: You can't find a good room here.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family