“Worst hotel ever!!”

Ranked #179 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Statesville, North Carolina
“Worst hotel ever!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed at this hotel because it was the only one that had rooms available. For the price, this hotel was too crappy. Power outlets in the room did not work, bed sheets were not changed, bed was not made, towels were placed just inside the door. For the whole weekend that we stayed here, our room was not cleaned or entered by room service at all. I was very disappointed in the lack of service and we will definitely never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tiffymarlow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Gaffney, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

Me & the Family enjoyed staying here, it was low priced, the bathroom towels could be a tad bigger.. Also friendly people, beds was compfy, but it was black bike week & it was so noisy & loud couldnt sleep. And there repainting the rooms, putting new Kitchen & bathroom countertops in, new carpet. I will be going back. Last but not least, the swimming pool was dirty. Wasnt clean at all.

Room Tip: Great Location for low price.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank PhotoBoy2011
Selma, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2011

Me and my husband and our friends stayed there this weekend pass my friend complain about the bathroom towels I didn't see anything wrong in our room but most of all I enjoy my stay didn't pay much and I slept good and comfortable.

Room Tip: Try Sea Dunes Ocenfront rooms affortable
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Atripworthwaiting
Vermilion, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2010

I stayed here a couple summers ago with a few friends. It was a college trip and we were just looking for something cheap. We started with a regular room. We were initially greeted by what looked like someone had dumped an ash tray into the sink. I have no idea what it was or how housekeeping left it that way. There was a mouse running about the room too--we complained at the front desk and the woman gave us a sticky mouse trap and I just stayed on the bed, nervously hoping it would be trapped and disposed of...

My friend then went to the front desk and complained more aggressively, and we were upgraded to an oceanfront suite. It had a full kitchenette and overall was much nicer. I felt comfortable and happy in that room.

I think the pool was a bit dirty and the place is old. It's not great, but it's better than the Polynesian Roach Motel! If you can get the oceanfront room--do it!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank hollyelise
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2010

I wish that mere words could express y disappointment with this establishment. But, I'm gonna try to warn others in advance. So please listen VERY carefully. Myself, my wife, and my 12 year old daughter spent 7 days in this dump. I paid $105.00 for 5 nights, and $115.00 for 2 additional weekend nights. I reserved in advance, and was discouraged to know, that I would lose my deposit of $115.00, if I didn't take the room upon my arrival. The room was on the 3rd floor. They did not tell me in advance that the elevator was broken, and has been for quite some time. They DO NOT plan to fix it either. The steps and breezeways were filthy. The front door to the room had a piece of plywood across it. The interior carpet was dirty, to the point that your feet would get black on the bottom. The refrigerator was rusted. The stove was filthy. The cabinets were dirty and smelly. The towel rack was lying in the floor of the bathroom. The wallpaper was peeling. You are required to exchange your used towels for clean ones in the office. The housekeeping is a joke. You MAY see them twice in 7 days. They walk in, give you some clean trash bags, and then leave. One of them is a nice guy named Sammy, who begins his Captain Morgan drinking EARLY in the morning, and continues to drink throughout the day. I had to change out the TV in our room first thing because the screen was green. This required myself and Sammy carrying one in from another room. I had to go downstairs to retrieve a vaccuum to carry back upstairs to clean our room. I also had to buy window cleaner to clean the dirty film off of our sliding glass door, after NUMOROUS requests to have them cleaned. I also mopped or balcony floor due to filth. They only run the pool pump bout 1 hour per day, and I seen it vaccuumed only once in the entire week I was was there. The excuse I was given as to the conditions there was: "Sea Dunes is one of the only hotels left that rent rooms to 18 y/o and older and, they tear up the rooms so bad that we just quit fixing them years ago." Only an IDIOT for a hotel owner would do something SO stupid. I spoke with several people that was staying there and, they all had the same conditions. I saw inside several rooms, and the conditions in some of them was actually worse. Me, and my family are good ol' down south folks, and are not hard to please We didn't expect a 4 star hotel when we got there. But, we did expect a decent place to lay our heads after apending a total of $858.00 there. PLEASE, PLEASE, do not spend your hard earned money at this 1st class dump. I have never seen such a disaster of a hotel, and they do not care in the least. I am planning to pursue legal action within 2 weeks due to me being a police officer, and having some lawyer friends. Otherwise, my family couldn't sacrifice another cent towards this hotel. All I want is 1/2 our money back for all of the undisclosed information, and for the failure of the hotel to maintain a safe, clean environment for me and my family due to the extensive mold in the breezeways, and within the piping of the rooms. Sea Dunes is a should be closed, and I SURE plan to let DHEC, and Myrtle Beach media know about it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank James B

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Atlanta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2006

I felt very uneasy once I walked through the hotel doors. When I walked in the room an unbearable smell hit me in the face. When I did further inspections there was mold on the walls, paint chipping and rust in the tub and dirty towels. MOLD can cause health problems. I really think someone should call the inspection people on this hotel. Imaging driving 6 hours and to your surprise you booked a dump for a hotel. Please do not stay here because you may put your health at risk.

• Liked — complete dump
  • Disliked — complete dump
  • Tips/Secrets — Make sure you call the hotel to see how old it is before booking it.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank Gotenergy
nc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2006

We could not stay there as the room was filthy and mold was all over the walls and the ceiling, the cobwebs and dust was so thick that when I turned on the light between the beds it made me sneeze, I was going to call the front desk and the phone was so sticky ,I was afraid to use it, the cabinets were falling apart and the tile in the bathroom was missing in several places and mold growing all in the spots where there should have been tile , however the pictures on line made the place look decent ,even mentioned the upgrades done to the site????? we did take pictures. requested our deposit back which was refused and the owner refuses to retun our calls

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nasty,moldy
  • Tips/Secrets — you can not always judge by descriptions, pictures ect
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple