“I will never stay at this hotel again.” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Blue
Ranked #146 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Florence, South Carolina
“I will never stay at this hotel again.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2011

The room was nice. Everything was great until I checked out. My family and was there 12/30/2010 thru 1/1/2011. We thought it be such a great idea to bring in the new year at the beach. Well upon checking out on 1/1/2011. I discovered I left behind a bag of my clothes. I called the hotel back, spoke to someone in housekeeping. I ask if they found a bag of clothes in 938-the rooom we stayed in. The housekeeper told me yes she had them. I described what was in the bag. She said yes you can come and pick them up. Well when I got there they keep giving me the run around about, they don't know where the bag was. The said the person was off and they did not know where the bag was. I continued to inquire about the the bag of several calls. It took 2 weeks before someone could find the bag. After making several phone calls about the bag. When they phoned me back about the finding the bag. I asked them what was in the bag. What I had described earlier to the person in housekeeping was not in the the bag. A person in the office called out to me what was in the bag. I said to her no way..That's not all my clothes. I spoke to several persons in the office about the problem. They were very rude to me. I told them someone went into my bag since I had claimed it and took several items out. They continue to be rude about the problem. I told them it was a thief some where there. I really want my clothes. I had ask them to find out who was working that day and to please ask them to bring my clothes back. I had several items that meant a lot to me..Of all things they would steal a sweatshirt that reads..A.R.M.Y... "SERVING GOD IS NOT A JOB IT'S AN ADVENTURE." It was my first time wearing the sweatshirt. It really meant a lot to me..I'm unable to find another one like it. The continue to tell me they have laid off some of the maids for the winter months..They said they just don't know who took them because the are not there to ask them. I said to the can't you call them and ask them to please return the items. When I went to pick the bag up. I cried because they told me they had them and when I drove back from Florence, S.C. to get the bag my items was not there. I asked several peope in the office to speak to the owner or someone over the clerks they would not tell me. I spoke to 3 people on 1/8/2011 about this matter. They were so rude to me about this matter and refused to let me talk to anyone else. I am very disappointed in this matter. I will find out who to complain to. My family and I are down at the beach a lot. We will never stay @ Hotel Blue again!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank cheryl201011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
chatham, virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2011

We have stayed here for several years and I have to say that they have improved each year. The pool is nice and clean and I love the parking. The only reason I would consider going to another hotel is because they don't allow pets. l!

The only thing I don't like is the "no smoking on pool deck or in the pool" rule is not enforced. I don't like people flicking their ashes in the pool. Another thing is I found that employees brought in a gang at night on weekends which included a bunch of kids jumping in and out of the pool.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Rock Hill, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2011

Guest service told us, we wolud have oceanfront, We didn't, it was sideview. The carpet was dirty and the beds was rough. My husband is 6 foot, He couldn't even get in the bathroom without hitting his head. They had burned stains on the tub. We called guest services b/c we wasn't happy with the room. We tried to get our money back, we paid cash and the manager dallas, told us we had to wait 4 to 6 weeks and they was going to send a check. So we had to go pay some more money for another hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sheenafortmill

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Pinehurst, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2011

went to MB for New Year's weekend, booked room online (had never done this before-but thought it could be bad, everybodies doing it), at least it was cheap ($48/night). Checked in, the lobby staff was delightful. Went up to my room, #416, bed was like concrete (i thought we were sleeping on concrete), floor was nasty (looked clean to the eye, until you walk around on it and look at how nasty your feet were getting), heating and air control was broke off (had to use file to turn thermostat), door to balcony had a half inch crack at the bottom and would not close. The bathroom - when you stood in the shower, the tub cracked and popped the whole time you were in the shower.
I would never stay in Hotel Blue at Myrtle Beach again, and would not reccomend it to anyone. Worst stay i have ever had in Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank softballdoc9
Richmond Hill, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2010

We stayed for the month on the 10th. flr. and really appreciated the tile floors, much better than carpet. Kitchen was great!, Beds were great. TV and internet were great. Dallas, Kit, John and Alfredo were amazing. Whether talking with Dallas and Kit via email or in person, there great personalities came through. Not often, one gets a hug from a Manager when one arrives, especially from Ontario, Canada. Loved the hot tub, didn't try the pool, or lazy river, but might next year as we are already booked. Looked at a handicapped room but felt that it hadn't been finished with renovations, so will stick with the room we had this year.
Thanks Hotel Blue, see you in Oct./11

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
rock hill, sc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2010

we decided to go down to the beach for a last warmish weather hurrah before the cold set in and we had a great time at this hotel. The king suite room was nice enough, nothing special but not terrible at all, especially for the price and the wear and tear you usually expect after a summer of use in myrtle beach. my 4 yr old was beyond excited to sleep in the murphy bed. the heated pools came in good use. would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
reading, pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2010

We found this place online and took advantage of the 39.00/night deal for a king room overlooking the ocean. We checked bedbugregistry.com before booking and they were not on the list. We found the staff to be very friendly and we loved having access to the 15 pools at their sister property 2 doors over when we got bored with our own pools. Although a little worn looking, our room was very clean and the bed reasonably comfortable. The all tile floor in the room was different, but we grew to like it. The shower/tub diverter didn't quite work right so our showers varied a bit in temp throughout our showers. If you want a good deal for a real value, this is the place. I would stay here again. I bet in season the swim up bar rocks.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple