“Great place to stay”
Review of Hotel Blue

Hotel Blue
Ranked #143 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I have stayed here twice and really love it. I have found great deals on fairly large rooms here. The pool area is great. The swim up bar is very cool. The location is great as well, across the street from the family kingdom. They also have a little cafe thats open during the day.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank kaniecki1

Reviewed August 4, 2010

I read several reviews on TripAdvisors AFTER my friends had already made reservations at Hotel Blue. The rooms and hotel are not as picture perfect as their website leads you to believe, but overall it was a nice experience. The room was very clean and we always had lots of clean towels. The balcony with oceanviews were also really nice. We did not have any problems with the staff, but never needed anything while we were there. Parking was also never an issue for us, but the garage is very tight if you're driving an SUV. We drove an Explorer and found that it was best to park on the ground floor because it was the "roomiest" of spaces.

If you plan on being active and dont care what the decor of the room looks like Hotel Blue is a great find. The decor is older and tropical (not a personal fav, but whatever...) But, we were always on the beach or at the pool (Which was really nice!) so decor wasn't a big deal. ALSO the pool's swim up bar was not open on the "swim up side" b/c there wasn't a lifeguard on duty (nor was there all week...) so I wouldn't bank on being able to swim up to the bar to order a drink. But, you can use the other side (non pool side) to order. No biggie. They have lots of beach chairs that were all in really good condition and extremely easy access to the beach. My boyfriend and I are planning on staying here again in October because it's such a good value.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2010

My trip to Myrtle Beach in June was incredible. The rooms at Hotel Blue were really clean and the staff there was very helpful and courteous. I do plan on staying there again. My only complaint was you couldnt bring your coolers down to the pool and with two children, it was necessary. Overall experience was a thumbs up.
Can't beat the price!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2010

we loved our stay at hotel blue,everything was very clean,staff was very nice,the pool is the best around. A very relaxing place to stay

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I visited Hotel Blue the week of July 26, 2010. After reading the many negative reviews, I was really nervous about my Hotel stay. I emailed them my concerns and I was assured that every effort would be made by staff to provide the best guest service and accomodations, I also prayed alot about it. For 3 weeks I was trying to find another hotel to accomodate my family and the length of our stay, but I was unsuccessful. From the time I walked into the lobby until the time I left I received nothing but EXCELLENT SERVICE. When I entered my room the wonderful scent from the cleaning products greeted me at the door. The rooms were clean, the kitchen was clean with new dishes, the bathroom was nice and clean. There is one negative, the carpet, it did not appear to be clean, but with the excellent service and accomodations I overlooked the carpet and made sure we kept something on our feet. The elevator speed was understood the hotel has 15 floors so I expected to wait. We were on the 5th floor and it did not bother me that the remodeling supplies were stored in the garage, that is temporary. The pool & lazy river were clean at both properties. This was my parents first real vacation and they really enjoyed themselves and the hotel. They are talking about coming back already!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Had very pleasant stay at Hotel Blue accommodations were clean & comfortable the staff were very courteous and I would recommend it to my friends. Can't wait til next year!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2010

From start to finish the staff was freindly, helpful and accomodating. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. All the appliances in the room apeared to be new and fully functional, The kitchen was a saviour, are 4 kids felt at home being able to go right to the fridge to get a snack and drink. No digging through coolers or having to run out everytime someone got the munchies.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family