“Website Fraud!”
Review of Hotel Blue

Hotel Blue
Ranked #142 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 21, 2010

If you view Hotel Blue's website, you would think that you were headed to paradise. Well, when we arrived we quickly realized that we were far from paradise. The hotel has a tight one room lobby and the wait was out to the parking lot. We had to wait 1 hour to check in. Once at the check in counter, the staff was very friendly, accommodating, apologetic, and polite. They gave us our room keys and sent us on our way to a wonderful vacation. However, when we arrived in the room the air conditioner did not work, our bath tub did not have a shower curtain and did not drain. The counters were stained and dirty. The sheets were stained. The chairs were stained. Our sliding door to the oceanview did not open. There are no amenities. Just a small pool with a bar that is only open 4 hours a day. And a small lazy river on the other side of the building, not even near the pool. The only good thing is that we were right at the beach (which is where we spent the majority of our time). All of the rooms, furniture, and hotel areas are old and outdated. You can tell it use to be Tropical Winds because at some point the owners of Tropical Winds and Hotel Blue must have come to a gridlock and stopped renovations in mid-air (new curtains, old lamps/new paint/old furniture).

1  Thank gvdavis
Write a ReviewReviews (1,508)

Reviewed June 20, 2010

We just got home from our stay at Hotel Blue and I have nothing good to say about this hotel. To start things off our room wasn't ready at the time we were promised and once it was ready we were just disgusted with the room. The air conditioner was leaking and part of the living room was a soggy mess. The walls were dirty and filled with holes, the sheets and towels had stains on them, carpet was disgusting and the kitchen was so gross we didn't even want to use it. There was mold in the cabinets and refrigerator and little hairs on the counter. The microwave was cracked and the refrigerator wasn't cooling. The pools were cloudy and only 3 feet deep. Elevators are super slow and the staff is rude. We will never stay at this hotel again, the rooms at a Super 8 motel would probably be cleaner. The only way this hotel could improve would be to demolish it and start over!!!

Reviewed June 18, 2010

If you judge by the website for Hotel Blue it would appear to be a 5 star resort. Shortly after arriving to this dump, I quickly realized we were in trouble. We could barely open the front door of our room, the kitchen was dirty and cabinets had mold in them. The coffee maker was broken, the lamp in the living room was missing a bulb and ready to fall apart. The filth behind the pull out bed was nasty. The parking garage is a major accident waiting to happen. The famous swim up bar has hours from 11-5PM. SERIOULY!!!! if you have a swim up bar would you think that night hours might be good. The hallways were dirty and smelled really bad. the elevators ran so slow. The ice machines never worked and we had to buy ice all week.

THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN. If you ever plan on staying at Hotel(dump)Blue i will offer this one piece of advise:
DO NOT EVER STAY AT HOTEL BLUE

Reviewed June 17, 2010

My family and I stayed here June 5-11th, 2010. I was a bit worried given some of the reviews. Check in was quick and pleasant due to Rhonda, she was very nice and helpful. I was happily surprised when we got to our room. It was neat and clean and we stayed in the double suite with 3 beds, it was very roomy with a small kitchen . Our room had everything as promised and the kids loved the lazy river and pool. It was also very nice to be able to use the hotel one block away. I would stay here again. I have no idea what people are complaining about, for the price we payed we have a wonderful trip.Thank you Hotel Blue.. The Piehl Family

Reviewed June 11, 2010

I planned a secret bday and second honeymoon for my wife for the begining of june and after extensive research, i decided to take a chance on hotel blue, yes even after reading the bad reviews. First off I really do not know what anyone has bad to say about this place. First off value, I payed under $450 for a 4 night stay in an oceanfront room with a kitchen, and my request to be on a higher floor, the 14th to be exact. The view is absolutely amazing and the staff was great. The first morning that we were there we noticed that the phone jack in our room was missing, which wasn't a big deal but we kindly told them at the front desk and even said we had our cell phones and it was weekend time so it didn't matter. The lady said she understood but would have it taken care of immediately. In the time it took us to walk to Mammy's for breakfast then back, mainenance had already had it fixed, great service. The pool and bar area is great, those guys make great drinks. On saturday they even had a local live band that I believe could have a shot making it big. The only downfall about it was the hotle next door had karaoke which we would have loved to be a part of that. The rooms were clean, but the elevators were a little slow. Overall we loved this place and have absolutely no complaints and and for the price it was an amazing value. Also if anyone wants we would be ok to emails from interested people about this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank heroto3
Reviewed June 7, 2010

My husband and I decided at the last minute to get away for the weekend. I researched on line and found Hotel Blue. Great location close enough to everything but still not on top of everything great for a get away. We had a oceanfront that was very spacious and what a view. The staff was include everyone we met would say hi and ask how our day was going. What a great staff. I was in the Lobby checking out whena gentleman and I use that term very loosly He was ranting and raving about his exhaust fan not working and some other very very small items. He was very unpleasant and hateful. I watched as he belittled the young lady at the desk but she just took it and offer him to have maintenance up right away. This he refused he wanted no one in his room and did not want to move rooms just wanted his stay for free. He was the rudest man i have ever seen. The clerk was very nice and stated she need to go in the back room to get her manager and he said froget it. I am very greatful we decide tos tay at hotel Blue. I can not say again how great he staff was we will be back.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pstevens08
Reviewed May 22, 2010

Liked the room -- quiet -- clean -- Front Desk staff are great and very accommodating -- service is great too.
Especially like the parking -- just park & walk into room -- no elevator hassle.
Also stayed here when it was Tropical Winds.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends